Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Epic 30k Iron hands or Salamanders, Need help with lists
Arithon
post Apr 17 2019, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,223

I have just started building my armies (I reckon I can build both). I have quite a few troops, vehicles etc and even some forumware miniatures now including main characters. I am just unsure what I should build first looking at my first 3000 point list using this: http://epicau.com/mw/index.php/Legion_Astartes

I just wondering what I should put together to start with how many tanks (types as well including super heavies), thunderhawk?, troops and even titans? (New ones). Just wondering what would be a good start....looking foward to building and painting this asap.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Apr 24 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,112

QUOTE(Arithon @ Apr 17 2019, 03:13 PM) *

I have just started building my armies (I reckon I can build both). I have quite a few troops, vehicles etc and even some forumware miniatures now including main characters. I am just unsure what I should build first looking at my first 3000 point list using this: http://epicau.com/mw/index.php/Legion_Astartes

I just wondering what I should put together to start with how many tanks (types as well including super heavies), thunderhawk?, troops and even titans? (New ones). Just wondering what would be a good start....looking foward to building and painting this asap.

If you want a fun army, then choose your favourite of the pair. If you want a tournament viable army, then the Scions-of-iron army list is one of the more competitive marine armies there out there, but this list is about to be reduxed after it was tweeked too much.

The new iron hands list is out and seems fairly competitive. comparable to the Blood angels/dark angels lists in that thay have Storm talons, but it is fairly heavy on dreadnoughts, and a mix of tactical mixed with Devastators in the basic clan (company) formation.

The salamanders list, is a hard one to work out. it seems to have weaker stats on some units, however it is riddled with a lot of Multi-Meltas range 15cm MW 5+. and also has Flamers on the Terminators, so the standard weapons on their units has reduced range but they are deadlier because they ar MW. If you can get them in close enough.

Painting wise, the Salamanders will come up better on the table.

This post has been edited by Deb: Apr 26 2019, 08:58 PM

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
Arithon
post Apr 29 2019, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,223

Thanks...the way my miniatures are going I might be able to do both. Or at least Salamanders and another basic adeptus astrates army. I will post a picture here and on have book of what I have built/ have soon and it might help get a better idea of what might be a good for my army (or armies).

This post has been edited by Arithon: Apr 29 2019, 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
D_Arquebus
post Apr 29 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,027

Good info Deb smile.gif

Arithon, unfortunately as in all things these days it seems BookFace is the place to be for chit chat.
Epic Armageddon Australia is where most of the regular names at the tourneys etc come to chat.
18th Aug this year is Castle Assault in Newcastle Legions club. Might be worth aiming for if you are keen. It will be 40k vs 30k specifically, but Marines work in 40k too smile.gif

--------------------
Ausbowl - The FB home of Oz Blood Bowl
NZ BB Community THe FB home of NZ Blood Bowl
thenaf.net - Home of the NAF (Worldwide Blood Bowl Community)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 10:48 PM