Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aeronautica Imperialis: Wings Of Vengeance!!!
Monkey Nuts
post Aug 25 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,988

I'm a fan of the original and that still makes my tabletop once every blue moon...every time I re-read Double Eagle I must play. This new version has been re-done so that movement is done by way of hexes on a board. From the quick glimpses you get in the video trailer, where two actors representing gender equality pretend to play the game but really look like they've never played a tabletop game in their life, it seems that the aircraft are represented with different stats etc too.

Supposedly, just like the new AT, they will be fully supporting the game for years to come and will be making available a number of factions all done in plastic models...and from what I hear about those models from the demo boxes that have been released, they are perfectly scaled with the AT models.

The big draw-card for me here is the excellently detailed plastic models, of course...man I love those Imperial Thunderbolts.

Anyway, I'll be throwing down for this...from what I understand it goes on pre-order on 31st August and is released on 7th September and is 55GBP pounds in the UK, which I think equates to $150 GW Special Inflation AUD $$$$

If the rules are no good, I'll happily replace all my resins and metals with the new plastics and keep playing the original...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08...omepage-post-1/

IPB Image

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Aug 25 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #2

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

where two actors representing gender equality pretend to play the game but really look like they've never played a tabletop game in their life,

Not every gamer is a knuckle dragging mouth breather like you mate. Thank god. People like you with attitudes like these are a cancer on the hobby.

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
MarkJ
post Aug 26 2019, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Kickstarter Addict
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 9,887

Am I the only one seeing Crimson Skies? Would be great for that to be a thing again. I don't have any GW games at the moment, but this could be fun.
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Aug 26 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(MarkJ @ Aug 26 2019, 09:54 AM) *
Am I the only one seeing Crimson Skies? Would be great for that to be a thing again. I don't have any GW games at the moment, but this could be fun.

This does share some feels with Crimson Skies, for sure. Crimson Skies has some very cool looking aircraft and is set in a very unique genre, a great IP, which I hope to see make a comeback at some stage in the future. You can still buy the Wizkids minis in various places on the internet, and Ironwind Metals sell metal casts of many of the aircraft.

QUOTE(Arch_Magos_Kasen @ Aug 25 2019, 08:12 PM) *

Not every gamer is a knuckle dragging mouth breather like you mate. Thank god. People like you with attitudes like these are a cancer on the hobby.

BWAHAhahahahaha, I post some delicious gaming news last night, return to check on it this arvo after work wondering if there have been any AI enthusiasts posting, and my first responder is a WAU-Sponsored ANTIFA member from the local lefty cell...ahahahaha, thanks for the input bro...ahahahaha
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Aug 26 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Some more cool pics of the release and associated accessories...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Krefey
post Aug 26 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #6

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(Monkey Nuts @ Aug 26 2019, 02:38 PM) *

BWAHAhahahahaha, I post some delicious gaming news last night, return to check on it this arvo after work wondering if there have been any AI enthusiasts posting, and my first responder is a WAU-Sponsored ANTIFA member from the local lefty cell...ahahahaha, thanks for the input bro...ahahahaha

He's not wrong though. We aim to be an inclusive board here. There's a reason you were banned.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Aug 26 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #7

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

QUOTE(Monkey Nuts @ Aug 26 2019, 03:38 PM) *

Sure, and while you posted it, you made a completely unwarranted swipe at people who do not meet -your- criteria for being wargamers, which is gate keeping of the absolute worst sort.

Get used to getting called out for #### like this.

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 08:42 PM