Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My first Kurita Unit
Cancer
post Nov 18 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 351

Have painted up my first Kurita unit.

Its a light lance of 4 House Kurita mechs (x2 Jenner, x2 Panther)

Went with a death theme - haven't come up with a good name for the unit yet - Reapers/Ghost/Skull Takers?

I figured as it would fit on a Leopard Class Dropship, I should add some air support - so 2 LAM's (x1 Stinger LAM and x1 Wasp LAM). I also made up the LAM as a mech as well.

I hand pained on the House Kurita logo (not something that I would normally do). It can be a bot small and fiddly. I also used some decals on the mechs for the first time (basic skulls from a 40k decal sheet). Painted a decal softener first before applying the decal and then on top of the decal for good measure.

Finished the lot with GW 'ard coat (to protect the paint from wear) and then Testors Dullcoat to bring it back to a matt finish.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
Once I get into your mind, its terminal.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post Nov 22 2016, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,403

Looks good Cancer. Are you playing Alpha Strike?
+Quote Post
Cancer
post Nov 24 2016, 05:36 AM
Post #3

Not yet. I have just recently purchased the new Alpha Strike rule book. Once it arrives I can have a read and take it from there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post Nov 28 2016, 01:08 PM
Post #4

Alpha Strike is great. I was about to give BT up as I found the game slow and frustrating but AS has made it easy and fun.

Its like the Xwing Miniatures version of BT. Im going to apply to be a demo agent for Catalyst and teach it in Brisbane.

This post has been edited by MisterAnderson: Nov 28 2016, 01:09 PM
+Quote Post
Cancer
post Nov 30 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Does it allow for personal conversions of mechs?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cannonball
post Dec 1 2016, 06:20 AM
Post #6

Whatever it takes

Member No.: 69

Nice work Cam!

--------------------
#Brenton2016
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post Dec 1 2016, 02:27 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Cancer @ Nov 30 2016, 05:27 PM) *

Does it allow for personal conversions of mechs?

I haven't really looked into that but I think there is a formula in one of the books.

Don't think theres an app yet. SolarisSkunkWerks used to do it before the system got changed.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Mar 5 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,112

I like the detail on the hand painted Kurita symbol. I know how hard it is to hand paint symbols. I once had to paint 3 identical mechs made up in the 171st Dark Horse regiments colour scheme (years ago). 3 Timberwolfs all with the Light horse logo hand painted on a Sydney city rail train on the way to work over the course of a month.

This is the one I kept for myself, the other 2 went to a mate, and as the 1st prize trophy at MOABs Battletech tourny years ago.

IPB Image

That is all hand painted - no decals at all. I now wish I had done more highlighting to the dark Blue, or had shaded it with black to give it contrast.

This post has been edited by Deb: Mar 5 2017, 10:49 AM

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
angelicus
post Mar 9 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,197

QUOTE(Deb @ Mar 5 2017, 11:47 AM) *

I like the detail on the hand painted Kurita symbol. I know how hard it is to hand paint symbols. I once had to paint 3 identical mechs made up in the 171st Dark Horse regiments colour scheme (years ago). 3 Timberwolfs all with the Light horse logo hand painted on a Sydney city rail train on the way to work over the course of a month.

This is the one I kept for myself, the other 2 went to a mate, and as the 1st prize trophy at MOABs Battletech tourny years ago.
IPB Image

That is all hand painted - no decals at all. I now wish I had done more highlighting to the dark Blue, or had shaded it with black to give it contrast.

Looks Awesome. armata_PDT_37.gif
+Quote Post
Elion
post Mar 19 2019, 09:19 AM
Post #10

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,149

Deb
WOW Amazing job smile.gif

--------------------
Play amazing flash game Tank Trouble 3 Full version for free.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Mar 19 2019, 05:21 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 5,112

QUOTE(angelicus @ Mar 9 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Looks Awesome. armata_PDT_37.gif

Thanks for the appreciation. I am in my 50's now, so my hand is not as steady as it once was. Although that minis was painted on a moving citirail train over the course of a weeks worth of morning travel to work.

The secret is holding the mini so that it and your brush are locked, and your elbows are locked at your waist. You pivot and move with the trains movement.

This post has been edited by Deb: Mar 19 2019, 05:23 PM

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2019 - 08:48 PM