Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tasmanian State Championships 2012, Rulespacks and registration now OPEN
doddguy
post May 3 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,248

Registration for the 2012 Tasmanian State Championships is now open

Rulespacks are available for download here: http://www.area52.com.au/downloads/downloads.htm

--------------------
"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire."
Lugft Huron, Tyrant of Badab
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wulfen69
post May 3 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,894

Can anyone enter no from TAS? Victoria
+Quote Post
dragonhost20
post May 6 2012, 06:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,058

Difsta did last year. I was too poor to go & still am.

This post has been edited by dragonhost20: May 6 2012, 06:22 AM

--------------------
Melbourne WARGAMING Facebook Group ... FOR Melbourne Wargamers
Facebook : Melbourne Warhammer
(building links within the Melbourne Wargaming community,
we welcome for you to join)
+
"Message" me on FB and I'll "FRIEND" request you -> add you to the
Melbourne Wargaming FB group
+Quote Post
difsta
post May 7 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #4

The Travelling Mexican
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 9,216

QUOTE(Wulfen Mark @ May 3 2012, 10:22 PM) *

yeah, I went last year, it was a fun event. The name suggests it is like a masters event (ie. invite only) but its not, its just their big 40k event (and lesser systems tongue.gif )

--------------------
QUOTE(Greatwolf Glen @ Sep 9 2014, 04:50 PM) *

We all enjoy our hobby in different ways, e.g. competitive gamers, social gamers or maybe you prefer the painting and modelling side. However you enjoy your hobby just remember that not everyone views things in the same light, and the easiest way to deal with this is agree to disagree and get on with your hobby !

+Quote Post
difsta
post May 7 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #5

The Travelling Mexican
Group Icon

also if Gilmour goes I will probably get off my but and go too... Good practice for ETC, same points level smile.gif

--------------------

We all enjoy our hobby in different ways, e.g. competitive gamers, social gamers or maybe you prefer the painting and modelling side. However you enjoy your hobby just remember that not everyone views things in the same light, and the easiest way to deal with this is agree to disagree and get on with your hobby !

+Quote Post
doddguy
post May 8 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #6

ETC is 1850? thought it was 1750 or was that last year?

but yeah, Open to everyone from anywhere (hell you could come from Siberia and you'd be given a spot)

--------------------
"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire."
+Quote Post
Triumph Of Man
post May 9 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,851

QUOTE(difsta @ May 7 2012, 11:21 AM) *

yeah, I went last year, it was a fun event. The name suggests it is like a masters event (ie. invite only) but its not, its just their big 40k event (and lesser systems tongue.gif )

Yeah I was there as a spectator last year. I remember there was a player who tabled an Imperial Guard list.

He didn't take that win well, decided to cause a scene, accused his opponent of having a poor attitude by bringing a "ridiculous" guard list and declared how if they ever tried to bring this overpowered list to a mainland tournament he'd personally ensure they were banned from entering.

Doesn't sound like he had much fun at all at this event! Let me see if I can recall his name, started with a D...

I think it was Diffy. You wouldn't know him would you?

This post has been edited by Triumph Of Man: May 9 2012, 05:21 PM

--------------------
Check out the progress of my Word Bearers Army as I paint them in my lazy fashion. Last Update 21/9/06

Project died with the release of the latest Chaos Codex. Also known as Codex: Raped-in-the-arse-Marines.
+Quote Post
Zidi
post May 9 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,522

QUOTE(Triumph Of Man @ May 9 2012, 05:09 PM) *

Yeah I was there as a spectator last year. I remember there was a player who tabled an Imperial Guard list.

He didn't take that win well, decided to cause a scene, accused his opponent of having a poor attitude by bringing a "ridiculous" guard list and declared how if they ever tried to bring this overpowered list to a mainland tournament he'd personally ensure they were banned from entering.

Doesn't sound like he had much fun at all at this event! Let me see if I can recall his name, started with a D...

Subtle like a fox.
+Quote Post
Animal
post May 11 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 6,798

You see this type of retard commentry is what can give an event and/or a player a bad reputation. Everybody has bad games against hideous opponents from time to time, it's a fact of the hobby because it attracts all personality types. I seriously fail to see how your comment anything other than a blatent and deliberate attempt at having a go at someone, especially over a single instance that may have occured months ago.

I played last year, right next to the table where this game took place. My game was concluded within the first hour and I watched the game you mentioned unfold and do not actually recall having witnessed such a scene take place either after the game, during the game or during the whole tournament.

So I'm quite inclined to regard your little post as b^%$s&&t.

Having played in the Tassie States for the last eight years, I would not hesitate to reccommend the event. It's been well organised and run with support of the local hobby shop (Area 52) and their staff, plus the variety of voluenteers who give their own time to judge, shift tables and set-up terrain.

--------------------
Animal's Painting Thread

"Never forget who you are. The world surely won't. Wear it like armour and you can never be hurt by it"

Warriors of Chaos Table Record:

Win: 5
Draw: 0
Loss: 3
+Quote Post
Animal
post May 11 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,798

QUOTE(Wulfen Mark @ May 3 2012, 10:22 PM) *

On a nicer note, the answer is YES.

Don't let the title fool you that only Tasmanians are allowed.

--------------------
Animal's Painting Thread

"Never forget who you are. The world surely won't. Wear it like armour and you can never be hurt by it"

Warriors of Chaos Table Record:

Win: 5
Draw: 0
Loss: 3
+Quote Post
Zidi
post May 11 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 9,522

QUOTE(Animal @ May 11 2012, 11:51 AM) *

On a nicer note, the answer is YES.

Don't let the title fool you that only Tasmanians are allowed.

On another note, once i've confirmed i'll be here that weekend, i'll probably have a spare bed for someone if they wanted it.
+Quote Post
khanoth
post May 16 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #12

Die N00B!

Member No.: 4,865

This is nothing compared to some of the crap happening at other 40k tournaments (e.g loaded dice, peeps being banned etc..)

Get over it.

--------------------

QUOTE(Dice Array @ Jul 9 2014, 05:25 PM) *

Khanoth for moderator!

"Let me tell you something about humans, nephew: They're a wonderful, friendly people - as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working."

"But take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those friendly, intelligent, wonderful people...will become as nasty and as violent as the most blood-thirsty Klingon." Quark from: The Siege of AR-558
+Quote Post
difsta
post May 17 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #13

The Travelling Mexican
Group Icon

WTF?!?!?!?! for starters, this never happened, and I am confused on where this is coming from...

I took my deathwing, a pretty soft deathwing list, and don't remember getting tabled by an imperial guard list... I also don't remember the conversation that I would have them banned from the event... I had a discussion with a guard player (I assume this is you...) that you took a no comp list to a comp tourney, and then wondered why you got a harsh comp score, then we debated what comp was... I am not an advocate for comp, never have been, so once again, really confused on these comments and if this is a troll...

--------------------

+Quote Post
doddguy
post May 17 2012, 03:23 PM
Post #14

nah Difsta he's not the guard player you had your game with
He's someone who QQ'd on 5th ed and just goes as a spectator to events and complain about the system

--------------------
+Quote Post
difsta
post May 17 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #15

The Travelling Mexican
Group Icon

I'm just confused... In re reading his comments I think he is referring to me tabling my oponent, however I don't remember doing that either... I remember winning my first game against a guard player because he spread out and I had outflanking ravenwing bikes which melta'd russ or something the turn they arrived. Then after the event when talking to him I asked him why and he said because he wanted to lose round 1... didn't make sense to me, a deliberate submarine apparently...

anywas

--------------------

+Quote Post
doddguy
post May 17 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(difsta @ May 17 2012, 03:57 PM) *

I asked him why and he said because he wanted to lose round 1..

He does it religiously so his 6 Russ can roll around unhindered as he avoids the top tier lists

This post has been edited by doddguy: May 17 2012, 05:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
difsta
post May 17 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #17

The Travelling Mexican
Group Icon

QUOTE(doddguy @ May 17 2012, 05:33 PM) *

He does it religiously so his 6 Russ can roll around unhindered as he avoids the top tier lists

But then can no longer win?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ĆON
post May 17 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #18

Edition Change Skeptic

Member No.: 222

QUOTE(difsta @ May 17 2012, 06:09 PM) *

But then can no longer win?

Not everyone who enters tournaments does so to win them - some enter to have fun tongue.gif

--------------------

"Hail ĆON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am that awesome :)

QUOTE(Kips @ Jan 16 2014, 01:53 PM) *

So essentially. Aeon is God? :P

QUOTE(Demon @ May 6 2014, 08:45 AM) *

Excuse me, this is high level RAW stuff.
+Quote Post
doddguy
post May 17 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(ĆON @ May 17 2012, 06:35 PM) *

Not everyone who enters tournaments does so to win them - some enter to have fun tongue.gif

He's in it for the painting score/awards, the only time 6 russ loaded with sponsons, gear and only 2 troops in an army can do well tongue.gif (He does consistently place 4th/5th and is on the ATC team, he wants to grudge match Difsta tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by doddguy: May 17 2012, 06:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
difsta
post May 17 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #20

The Travelling Mexican
Group Icon

QUOTE(doddguy @ May 17 2012, 06:37 PM) *

He's in it for the painting score/awards, the only time 6 russ loaded with sponsons, gear and only 2 troops in an army can do well tongue.gif (He does consistently place 4th/5th and is on the ATC team, he wants to grudge match Difsta tongue.gif)

he can grudge me round 1 for Tas if he wants, and most likely at ATC tongue.gif Especially if he still likes losing round 1 deliberately tongue.gif

This post has been edited by difsta: May 17 2012, 08:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 12:20 PM