Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> (Battle Report) Haqqislam Vs Yu Jing, The Battle for Herpderpia Port (COMPLETED!)
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Combat Simian

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 12,758

Stupid name .... should have recorded a video when making this battle report it would make more sense anyway enough about the stupid name here is the battle report.

More to follow as I write the report and host all of the images.

I was using a pretty soft Haqqislam list made up only of models I have completely painted (my own work) and would work to some extent.

IPB Image Haqqislam | 12 models

Combat Group #1
IPB Image Janissary HMG (47|2)
IPB Image Janissary Doctor (49|0)
IPB Image Nasmat (3|0)
IPB Image Sekban HRL (36|1.5)
IPB Image Khawarij Rifle (27|0)
IPB Image Ghulam Lieutenant (13|0)
IPB Image Ghulam Doctor (17|0)
IPB Image Nasmat (3|0)
IPB Image Ghulam Hacker (25|0.5)
IPB Image Kameel EVO (13|0.5)
IPB Image Naffatun LFT (10|0)
IPB Image Naffatun LFT (10|0)
Combat Group #2
IPB Image Hunzakut Sniper (25|0.5)
IPB Image Bashi Bazouk E/Mauler (22|1)

300/300 points | 6/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox IPB Image : http://goo.gl/jTjLE

Chopper had built the following list using my painted (purchased already painted) Yu Jing models. Note: Chopper is not very experienced at Infinity but is a veteran war gamer and a very good painter I look forward to showing you all some of his work in the future. His list shows the status as pretty new to Infinity but it was still serviceable; if some what lacking synergy.

IPB Image Yu Jing | 10 models

IPB Image Hsien Lieutenant (60|-1)
IPB Image Celestial Guard Hacker (25|0.5)
IPB Image Su-Jian (56|2)
IPB Image Shang Ji Spitfire (47|2)
IPB Image Zhanshi Combi (11|0)
IPB Image Guilang Sniper (39|1.5)
IPB Image Bao Combi (29|0)

300/300 points | 5/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox IPB Image : direct link

Both lists are pretty weak in allot of respects I lack MSV, SSLV of any kind and the ability to use my hacker/EVO combo in any meaning full way. Worst of all I dumped two Irregulars into their own combat group and they really really needed extra orders to be effective.

Choppers list lacks support units like engineers, doctors, has no real synergy/tactic in its core and lacks valuable smoke which his MSV 1 & MSV 2 models could have used against me.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 15 2013, 11:42 PM

--------------------
What I do: Chef by trade, arsehole by choice; but I play games and build the following when I'm not being either.

Vissy's Threads: Aeldari Done Cordonblue, Tries to Count to Infinity, Bug Hunt Corridors, Takes on Zen Terrain, Haydens Folly Table & Making Terrain on Budget
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #2

Combat Simian

MISSION: YAMS - Objectives hidden from the enemy to the end of the game in most regards.
TURNS: 4
TABLE: 6' by 3' - Played length ways
FORCES: Haqqislam (VisOne) vs Yu Jing (Chopper)
MARKERS: Civilian is being played by Shinobu Kitsune & the Crate is being played by a yellow Gale Force 9: Take Action Marker

VisOne's Objectives
IPB Image

I was lucky and drew 6 objectives that aren't that hard to achieve and involve moving foward to engage the enemy. I choose to drop the Capture (kill an enemy in CC) and Blockade (stop the enemy advancing over the half way point) objectives as they were the hardest to achieve IMHO.

Choppers Objectives
IPB Image

Chopper drew very very similar cards and dropped the Mapping (map enemy deployment zone) and Triangulation (put a marker in the enemy deployment zone) objectives as they were nearly impossible with no AD troops in his list.

Initiative Vs Deployment

Chopper and I rolled off agaisn't each others lieutenants WIP's and I failed mine and he choose to take the Initiative (first turn) and I was given the option of Deployment so I choose the higher table edge and forced him to deploy first.

IPB Image
The table before deployment.

IPB Image
A shot from my deployment zone towards his.

The Civilian & Crate needed for the objectives were rolled for and the civilian landed right in the middle of the bridge crossing the creek (middle of the above pictures) and the crate landed just in front of the exhaust tower (right hand side of the above picture between the fence and the tower) making it very hard to get to.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 15 2013, 10:46 PM

--------------------
What I do: Chef by trade, arsehole by choice; but I play games and build the following when I'm not being either.

Vissy's Threads: Aeldari Done Cordonblue, Tries to Count to Infinity, Bug Hunt Corridors, Takes on Zen Terrain, Haydens Folly Table & Making Terrain on Budget
+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #3

Combat Simian

Choppers Deployment

IPB Image
Here you can see the Zhanshi conga line forming up behind their barracks for their morning work out. In the bottom of the picture is the Su-Jian in mobility form, a Shang Ji w/ Spitfire (spec ops figure as proxie) & a Bao w/ Combi (guilang figure as proxie) finally up the very top Chopper is about to place his Hsien Lieutenant.

Out of picture on the left because of he is infiltrating is a camo marker that is the Guilang w/ Multi Sniper Rifle.

Chopper has not models in reserve.

VisOnes Deployment

IPB Image
My force move onto the board in tacticool blob formation. From top to bottom Naffatun, Ghulam Hacker, Ghulam Lieutenant, Naffatun, Khawarij, Janissary Doctor w/ Nasmat, Janissary w/ HMG (in the rock formation) Ghulam Doctor w/ Nasmat, a Sekban w/ HRL (prone) and finally the EVO repeater is hiding on the left hand side at the very back.

Out of picture on the right because of he is infiltrating is a camo marker that is the Hunzakut w/ Sniper Rifle.

I also have a Bashi Bazouk E/Mauler but he is being held in reserve (AD: Parachutist) for later in the game. I drew up a mud map before the start of the game that clearly shows he is to come in on the right hand side of the table just short of my enemies deployment zone. Luckily for me this area was reasonably clear towards the end of the game more on this later.

Disregard the markers they are just their for my deployment zone.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 15 2013, 10:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Combat Simian

Choppers Turn 1

Chopper wastes no time using the Su-Jians high movement value and climbing plus while in its mobility form to push foward to the exhaust tower and climb up it taking the highest vantage point on the board without receiving even one ARO in return.

He also moves his Shang Ji w/ Spitfire & Bao w/ Combi Rifle up they both receive shots from my Janssary w/ HMG but the range and -3 due to the fence in the way cause the shots to go wide or be ignored by their armour. Also the Guiland w/ Multi Sniper Rifle walks up onto the bridge and hides under his camo marker.

IPB Image
Can see alllllll the things! Lucky my Sekban is prone.

IPB Image
Come at me BRO!

IPB Image
Unfolds to engage my Janissary w/ HMG
NOTE: Civilian is being played by Shinobu Kitsune as seen in the middle of the bridge & the Crate is being played by a yellow Gale Force 9: Take Action Marker on the right hand side of the board.

IPB Image
Janissary DOWN!

IPB Image
Su-Jian moves in mobility form to gain cover.

The Su-Jian on the other hand makes a right arse of itself and proceeds to fire a panzerfaust right into my Janssary w/ HMG's chese causing to 2 AP wounds and taking him to unconscious. Then to add salt to the wound stands up and draws LOS to my Sekban even though he is prone and fires a full Spit Fire volley into me knocking him unconscious too. Thankfully my HRL was accurate and causes a wound on the Su-Jian setting it up for its down fall later.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 15 2013, 10:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #5

Combat Simian

VisOne Turn 1

Well my first turn didn't start too well both of my long range weapon users are unconscious and I have a panzerfaust/spitfire armed transformer here by called star scream to deal with. Thankfully I brought my least favorite secrete weapon.

My Khawarii proceeds to burn about 2 orders to get into a position where he can put effective flanking fire into the Su-Jian by using his super jump to jump just high enough to not be seen by the any enemy models except the Su-Jian but still claim cover from it while negating it cover in return and fires a full 3 round burst from his rifle taking it to unconscious/broken/what ever robots get when you shoot the dam things.

IPB Image
Revengeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is sweet and sour.

For the rest of my turn I proceed to make good use of my 2 doctors and their little robot helpers to bring my Sekban and Janissary w/ HMG back into the game. Finally I move my two Janissaries up to better cover the bridge, civilian & crate.

IPB Image
Sorry about the bad picture its the best I have of this part of the game.

My Bashi Bazouk stays off the table and my Hunzakut w/ Sniper moves closer to the crate. Choppers Guilang camo marker and mine stare at each other but neither has MSV 3 nor wants to try and discover just to get shot in the face by something else.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 15 2013, 10:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #6

Combat Simian

Chopper Turn 2

Chopper isn't so keen on letting me do that jump trick with my Khawarij so he puts some models in place to watch that area.

He also brings his Shang Ji forward to start putting effective fire on my Jannisary w/ HMG in the ensuring firefight he knocks him down unconscious again.

He then moves up his Hsien Lieutenant onto the bridge and that more or less ends his turn.

IPB Image
Again bad photo sorry but here you can see him consolidating his grip on the middle of the board.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #7

Combat Simian

VisOnes Turn 2

Having lost my Janissary HMG again and my Sekban being in a useless position to engage the Shang Ji who is covering my Janissary's body I decide to try and use my Khawarij to throw a grenade at his Hsien and Guilang but don't take into account the range and shadow zone correctly and waste an order. Instead I burn coordinated orders to bring my two Naffatuns w/ Light Flamethrowers around the landing pad and flank his Hsien. A 3 round burst and all my orders later I have wounded his Hsien and end my turn.

IPB Image
Never turn your back on a lady especially if she has a flame thrower!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #8

Combat Simian

Choppers Turn 3

Chopper makes good use of coordinated orders himself to use his Zhanshi out on his right flank to kill my nasty back stabbing Naffatun and send her companion into the unconscious state removing the threat of that flanking attack.

His Shang Ji, Guilang & my Sekban got into a pissing match and he found his Shang Ji unconscious by the end of his turn but had put my Sekban down for good when his Guilang camo pops and kills it then we realise both his and my order pool were really starting to dwindle.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 15 2013, 11:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #9

Combat Simian

VisOne Turn 3

At the start of turn three I manage to get my Janissary w/ HMG back up but left him down behind the crates where he went down so not to pick up any ARO's.

I brought my Bashi Bazouk w/ E/Mauler in on the table edge as I had planned but then hit a brick wall when I remember I left no bloody orders for him to use as his combat group was just him and 1 other irregular model!

The Hunzakut w/ Sniper rang over to the exhaust tower grabbed cover and dropped a mine to keep the enemy away from the crate.

IPB Image
Come at me BRO ..... or don't don't is better I have no orders to use.

IPB Image
Sekban is down but Janissary is about to get back up go go nasmat robot!

Then we break for a bit and we have dinner.

IPB Image
Made some Cream of Broccoli soup w/ sauteed bacon and onion to finish plus some toast soldiers for dipping. The other bowl is black rice, ginger broth & stripped skirt streak finished in soy.

Nums Nums concluded we went back to the game and realized there wasn't much left standing on the board.

IPB Image
Allot of models on their sides there and not many have unconscious makers.

I finally figure out a way to deal with his Guilang w/ Multi Sniper Rifle. I super jump my Khawarij off the building and charge into combat with the camo marker forcing him to reveal so I can punch him in the face. Its super successful and the Guilang goes down like a sack of ######.

NOTE: This is an incorrect interpretation of the rules.

What should happen is I approach the camo marker and 1 of 3 things could happen.

1. I could try to discover it. If successful the model under it will be revealed. If I fail I won't be able to try and discover it (with the same figure) again till my next turn.

2. The model under the marker could combat camo pop/attack revealing itself but getting a free shot off at my model. If I survive I could charge/move + CC.

3. Nothing we ignore each other because I don't want to discover the marker and my opponent doesn't want to reveal whats under it.

IPB Image
Ohh yeah bad photo's a go go still you can see my Khawarij about to charge his Guilang under its camo marker on the bridge.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 16 2013, 09:37 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #10

Combat Simian

Chopper Turn 4

Choppers last turn doesn't start well he is in retreat his retreat impetuous orders cause his models to get hit by unneeded ARO's from my models especially from the Bashi Bazouk who dominates his back line and his Hsien Lieutenant gets a HMG to the face.

IPB Image
The Bashi Bazouk cleans up in ARO.

IPB Image
Another shot of his back line falling apart.

He decides to withdraw his remaining units to the back field and more or less calls the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #11

Combat Simian

VisOne Turn 4

Is a turn only in name.

IPB Image
Turn four sees me use the last of my orders to Search the Crate Objective with my Hunzakut, advance my Doctor to take the exhaust tower for the Forward Base Objective.

IPB ImageI also advance my Jannisary HMG and Khawarij well over the centre line given me 5 or 6 actives troops in his half of the board more than enough to meet the Advance Objective. Finally having killed or made unconscious all but 3 of his Zhanshi I had meet the requirements for the Decimate Objective.

The game ends with a poor showing for Chopper as he didn't meet any of his objectives and I completed all of mine. That said it really was never in the bag for either of use at any point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 15 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #12

Combat Simian

AFTER ACTION REPORT!

Now I've already mentioned Chopper isn't very well versed in Infinity we have played around 6 games I think he has played another player other than myself once or twice and he certainly hasn't immersed himself in the rules and background as much as I have so its fair to say were on different levels in most regards but that didn't change the outcome of the game much. The dice certainly were rolling in my favor nor his. The terrain wasn't stacked one way of the other and the objectives were surprisingly similar.

No the main difference was simply the application of sound moves that would result in the complete of an objective. Infinity is just one of those games where sometimes you need to risk a model or two to complete the objective and if that means giving your opponent a free ARO or run at what they want you have to accept that risk.

It was a good game and could have being anyone's till that last turn.

Hope you enjoyed reading it and if your interested the table and most of the terrain there on is for sale to anyone/club in the greater Brisbane/SE QLD area. You all big kids you can find the for sale thread yourself.

Cheers,

VisOne

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh 7 Hours for the game + battle report/AAR I'm rooted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maestro
post Jun 16 2013, 08:57 AM
Post #13

Warrior Poet

Member No.: 2,487

Nice report, and pics are really helpful! Board looks great too!
+Quote Post
maestro
post Jun 16 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #14

Warrior Poet

QUOTE(VisOne @ Jun 15 2013, 11:24 PM) *

VisOne Turn 3

I finally figure out a way to deal with his Guilang w/ Multi Sniper Rifle. I super jump my Khawarij off the building and charge into combat with the camo marker forcing him to reveal so I can punch him in the face. Its super successful and the Guilang goes down like a sack of ######.

Cept you can't charge a camo marker!

-Can a troop do a charge ( to engage in Close Combat ) with a Camouflage or TO Marker?

You can not get into base contact with a Camouflage or TO marker.
+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 16 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #15

Combat Simian

Cheers, Maestro just asked that question in the Infinity Facebook to clarify if I could or not.

Chopper choose to pop camo and try to shoot me so while I certainly played the charging part wrong I would have followed up with a charge/move + cc order after the fact anyway.

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 16 2013, 09:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ExExerciser
post Jun 17 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,843

Great report Vis. Keep em coming. Finding bat reps for infinity is really hard on the interwebs (relative to the 40hammers anyways)

This post has been edited by ExExerciser: Jun 17 2013, 04:26 PM
+Quote Post
VisOne
post Jun 17 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #17

Combat Simian

Well the former has soo much going on you can't just make a note and write it up turn by turn after the game. The later you can since NOTHING happens during your opponents turn ... well except your required to take some nicely painted wound counters away from each squad. wink.gif

This post has been edited by VisOne: Jun 17 2013, 06:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maestro
post Jun 17 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #18

Warrior Poet

I even offered a prize for battreps from cancon to little avail!
+Quote Post
AndrewC
post Jul 24 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 13,616

Great batrep!
+Quote Post
Lone_Pathfinder
post Jul 31 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 12,005

Story = 9
Pic = 3 (sorry, but they sort-a suck, as you know)

I think the key is to have some sort of stable platform for your arm holding your camera (phone?). Even just a long stick resting on the ground will do if you don't have a ladder or tri-pod for those shots from high-up.

And if you do have a camera that allows you to change the apparture then put the f value as high as possible, for slower shots, but it will get more of the terrain in to focus. But this will require even more stability unfortunately.

But thanks for the bat-rep. I always enjoy reading them.

DxMan, I think that a prize for a bat-rep is a good idea, even though it did not work last time.

This post has been edited by Lone_Pathfinder: Jul 31 2013, 01:49 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 12:26 PM