Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [40k] Inaryss Eldar: Revenant Titan
morsla
post Jul 13 2016, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

This has been sitting on (or under) my desk for ages, but I'm getting stuck into my project backlog at the moment.

Hard to believe that it's now been about 15 years since I painted anything in this colour scheme. The Inaryss Windhost was the army I painted up for Arcanacon 2002, and also fielded at Komplete Fanatik in 2004. Whichever way I look at it, it's a bloody long time ago now smile.gif

These are some of the original pics of the army, including White Dwarf shots from ye olden days. The Inaryss now live at a friend's place, and occasionally makes it on to the table for an Apocalypse-scale game. I'm now working on a Revenant Titan, to complement the many, many skimmers...

Step 1 involved about five hours of carefully cleaning up a giant bag of Forgeworld resin components, and figuring out what should be sprayed black, and what should be sprayed bone. I've used the White Knights flat black (new batch is horrible, need to find a good replacement) and two Tamiya sprays: Light Grey fine surface primer, and the TS-46 "Light Sand" colour.

IPB Image

The bone spray looks good, but it's a pain to paint over: everything just beads on the surface. I've been slowly applying layers of clear glaze medium to get a decent surface for brush painting.

--------------------
My Admin voice is red.

[40k|Burn the Witch!|Alpha Legion|Harlequins|Inaryss Eldar]|Deathwatch] [Epic|Iyanden]
[Alkemy|Clan Walosi|Jade Triad|Avalon] [WM|Mercenaries|Cryx|River dock] [Hordes|Skorne]
[Infinity|Nomads] [Wrath of Kings|Goritsi] [WHQ|Silver Tower]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morsla
post Jul 13 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

I'm trying to paint the whole model with regular brushes, as my airbrush gear is all packed away. This may turn out to be a Really Bad Idea, but it's giving me a good opportunity to practice blending highlights on some ludicrously broad, curved surfaces...

Here's how the first bit of painting went:

IPB Image

And this is after going back to it the next evening:

IPB Image

Gradually making progress. I'm using P3 paints (Jack Bone and Morrow White) for the highlights, and trying to feather them out with a wet brush as I go.

--------------------
My Admin voice is red.

[40k|Burn the Witch!|Alpha Legion|Harlequins|Inaryss Eldar]|Deathwatch] [Epic|Iyanden]
[Alkemy|Clan Walosi|Jade Triad|Avalon] [WM|Mercenaries|Cryx|River dock] [Hordes|Skorne]
[Infinity|Nomads] [Wrath of Kings|Goritsi] [WHQ|Silver Tower]
+Quote Post
Starfire
post Jul 13 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 7,286

I remember that WD, I'll have to dig it out of the cupboard.

Beautiful work.

--------------------
QUOTE(Prince Raven @ May 11 2014, 07:43 PM) *

You know what? I give up, this is like playing chess with pidgeon. I'm going to leave while I still have enough brain cells to make the decision.

+Quote Post
Stumphy
post Jul 14 2016, 06:48 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 5,835

The Reverent is a beautiful model, enjoy!

--------------------
Armies
WM/H Circle Orboros
WM/H Skorne
40K IG Multinational Infantry army
40K Mono Nurgle Chaos Daemons
WFB Skaven
BFG Imperial
Necromunda Escher

My Painting Gallery
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Aug 3 2016, 07:11 AM
Post #5

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 6,935

Like the colours. Soulstones excellent contrast with the armour. Like the variance of tone in the upper torso armour. Nice stuff. armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan & Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski

Latest wargaming project
Modelling diary 2017
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 04:45 PM