Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kings of War Rankings are HERE!, Get to a tourney near you!!!
Stallandor
post Aug 22 2016, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 306

Hi Everyone.

After the thread 2 weeks ago talking about the scene, A small group of like minded and extremely good looking individuals decided to take up Pete Dunn up on his offer to host a Kings of War ranking system for Australia.

Pete and Jack run the Fields of Blood website, and are currently hosting the Kings of War rankings for NZ, the UK, and will now host Australia as well - along with other games systems.
Myself, along with Mike Crossman (Mikecro), Nick Legrand (NICK) and Ken Dunford (ken-in-yorks) have all contributed to the discussion, to try to give us coverage from across the main "scenes" in Australia, to get something we all think can work for each region.

The aim of this is not to create cut-throat competition, and our experience of the rankings is that it taps into our own little comparative competitive nature, purely to get people going to more events. It has not alter3ed the environment of tournaments in other systems, and I certainly do not believe it will do so here. We are hoping that it encourages as many people out there as possible who are loving Kings of War to make the effort and prioritise going to tourneys and rolling dice with your fellow gamers.

We are hoping that this will generate interest in the remaining events of this year, and set us up for next year. The aim being to keep people coming back, and hopefully get a bit of travel happening between players - so we can see where people are actually at!

The system is pretty simple. It is a direct copy of what NZ are currently running for our tourney scene. Your score is calculated through the following criterion:
- Best Three Results used
- Minimum = 10 people = 70 points
- Maximum = 40+ people = 100 points
-The thirty numbers in between are pro-rated from 71 to 100. This means a 25 person event has a value of 85 points.
-4 rounds standard. Multiplier for rounds: Three round event has multiplier of 0.75

So - all our single 4 round 1 day events, if they had 10 players or more, will count. However you need 40+ players for that perfect score. So we are hoping that all these MikeCon, Kings of Win & SEQld league events can keep building numbers to contribute to the system.

Tourneys will be entered off overlord, or directly sent through to Jack - Nick Legrand has put his hand up to be the central point for collating results for us, so thank you very much Nick for doing that once again.

THIS IS AN OPT OUT SYSTEM.
ie - we are importing all the results. There are 101 players from 21 events in the rankings right now.
We have removed everyone who used a pseudonym to enter their name, or did not use their full surname.
To opt out of being placed in the rankings, all you need to do is put in a pseudonym or not your full surname, and we will keep you our of the rankings, no questions asked. Thus you can opt out a the point of registering yourself in an event, continue to play in the way you want to, and you will not be imported into the rankings. Its never been easier, and we are happy to ensure the privacy and choice of those who wish to make that decision.
If you want to remove your name once it has appeared, just email pete@thefieldsofblood.com and Pete can take care of it for you.

So where are these rankings?
http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5

Quick analysis - AG and Clint have dominated thier respective areas, and are sitting 1st and 2nd with a gap to third. Congratulations on the great results this year so far guys!!!
CanCon, being our only 40+ player event so far, has had a large impact on everyone's rankings.
Small events around the 20 player mark are still worth a stack if you can finish top 3.
There are a number of people on 2 tourneys, who could vault into the top 10 with one more result, or on 3 tourneys, carrying one very poor score. So a lot could change in the next 3 months. But AG and Clint are going to be tough to dethrone off the podium positions.

I hope you all enjoy this resource, and thanks so much once again to Pete and Jack for putting the results together for us.

If you have questions, feel free to post here, or contact me privately, or any of the guys mentioned above.
-Ken

This post has been edited by Stallandor: Aug 22 2016, 01:32 PM

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BennyH
post Aug 22 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,780

Awesome Work Guys armata_PDT_37.gif
+Quote Post
N.I.C.K
post Aug 22 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,981

Sitting in 20th, I've got some work to do!

This post has been edited by N.I.C.K: Aug 22 2016, 11:42 AM

--------------------
QUOTE(Ehsteve @ Apr 9 2015, 01:56 PM) *

I have seen that word (fued, fu'ed, and all variants therein) many times in the past few months...what does it mean?

Adjective; Fued: The art of being inherently awesome, having excessive amounts of swag and generally giving zero farks.

Active member of the Infernal Muppets Gaming Club | Tweet @lecopoutking
+Quote Post
Keef Von Keith
post Aug 22 2016, 12:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 295

OK great , who do we contact ? how do we opt out ?

--------------------
"A sense of generosity under heavy fire is an admirable quality and the mark of a gentleman."
+Quote Post
BennyH
post Aug 22 2016, 12:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Keef Von Keith @ Aug 22 2016, 12:07 PM) *

OK great , who do we contact ? how do we opt out ?

I'm assuming Nick is the man to Opt out for past events, future events seems like you just need to not put your surname when registering on Tournament overlord for an event.

I also have a question, Is this going to be a rolling score where only say the last 12 months are counted? Can't remember where I've seen that but seemed like a good idea, though might add to the workload.
+Quote Post
N.I.C.K
post Aug 22 2016, 12:25 PM
Post #6

Opt outs need to email pete@thefieldsofblood.com to get themselves off the rankings which are already in the system and also PM me so I can add you to a list of names to blot out when results are handed in.

EDIT: Ken can you please put that info in your opening post.

This post has been edited by N.I.C.K: Aug 22 2016, 12:25 PM

--------------------

I have seen that word (fued, fu'ed, and all variants therein) many times in the past few months...what does it mean?

Adjective; Fued: The art of being inherently awesome, having excessive amounts of swag and generally giving zero farks.

+Quote Post
slayerofmen
post Aug 22 2016, 12:31 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,468

If they arebt already on ranking could they something like first name then in the last name field xxx-optout

--------------------
rojo:

I always thought the Corpse Carts were part of the Von Carsteins commitment to the Imperial Tidy Towns initiative and Keep Sylvannia Beautiful programs. A sort of anti-littering crew for body parts...
+Quote Post
Keef Von Keith
post Aug 22 2016, 12:40 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 295

Ok I emailed the guy to opt out .
Perhaps they should seek permission before they go adding your name.
When I was playing KOW comps there was no wankings system, perhaps the wanking should start from now , rather than it being forced upon people.

This post has been edited by Keef Von Keith: Aug 22 2016, 12:42 PM

--------------------
"A sense of generosity under heavy fire is an admirable quality and the mark of a gentleman."
+Quote Post
fued
post Aug 22 2016, 01:04 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,343

I must be one of the generic "player" in the tournies because im not on it boo
+Quote Post
Pete Dunn
post Aug 22 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #10

Evil? I Call It Motivated!

Member No.: 647

As Nick said please just drop me an email on pete@thefieldsofblood.com and we'll make sure that you are removed.

If you are not in Rankings it is likely because the TOs involved didn't have your correct name. If you would like to be included then please drop me a line and I'll get it sorted.

Regards

Pete
+Quote Post
N.I.C.K
post Aug 22 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(fued @ Aug 22 2016, 01:04 PM) *

Nawww I don't think you're generic fued tongue.gif

Probably a mix up between Richard vs fued in results, as Pete said drop him a line and he can sort it.

This post has been edited by N.I.C.K: Aug 22 2016, 01:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dru
post Aug 22 2016, 01:16 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 31

QUOTE(fued @ Aug 22 2016, 01:04 PM) *

Just a typo, I'm sure you are referred to as Playa !? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dru: Aug 22 2016, 01:16 PM
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Aug 22 2016, 01:18 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 11,532

I should move to NZ, I'd be 10th there, or go back to the UK, I'd be 15th there armata_PDT_11.gif

and interestingly, I'd keep my Varangur General rating in all three, woo hoo

This post has been edited by ken-in-yorks: Aug 22 2016, 01:22 PM

--------------------
"Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the latter than the former. Space we can recover, lost time, never"
+Quote Post
Dru
post Aug 22 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 31

QUOTE(Keef Von Keith @ Aug 22 2016, 12:40 PM) *

When I was playing KOW comps there was no wankings system, perhaps the wanking should start from now , rather than it being forced upon people.

As I noted earlier on Facebook, it was a bit of a surprise a few dudes decided to do this, given there has been some angst at peoples names going up in rankings previously. Opt out pre-event is fine, forcing opt-out after a list is published is a bit naff. Not for me personally, I'm fine to have my single mediocre event placing against my name, but it wasn't the best etiquette call to go this route, but hopefully no big deal for most and we can move on.
...The whole notion of whether rankings inspire douchery or not is another thread saga awaiting necro. I'll get popcorn whenever that appears.

This post has been edited by Dru: Aug 22 2016, 01:21 PM
+Quote Post
BennyH
post Aug 22 2016, 01:22 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(ken-in-yorks @ Aug 22 2016, 01:18 PM) *

I should move to NZ, I'd be 10th there, or go back to the UK, I'd be 15th there armata_PDT_11.gif

I'll settle for my 23rd, going off my last performance it might be somewhat overstating my ability armata_PDT_05.gif
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Aug 22 2016, 01:38 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(BennyH @ Aug 22 2016, 01:22 PM) *

I'll settle for my 23rd, going off my last performance it might be somewhat overstating my ability armata_PDT_05.gif

Oh, I'm only there through pure dumb luck, it's not because of tactics (i have none), and the dice gods cursed me years ago, a few lucky charges with Mounted Sons did the trick armata_PDT_07.gif

This post has been edited by ken-in-yorks: Aug 22 2016, 01:38 PM

--------------------
"Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the latter than the former. Space we can recover, lost time, never"
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Aug 22 2016, 01:43 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 306

QUOTE(BennyH @ Aug 22 2016, 12:22 PM) *

I also have a question, Is this going to be a rolling score where only say the last 12 months are counted? Can't remember where I've seen that but seemed like a good idea, though might add to the workload.

Hi Ben.
Yes - its a rolling system like the NZ one.

Richard - contact Pete and he can fix that up for you - I was not going to speak for you in your details unless you had done so on purpose.

QUOTE(Keef Von Keith @ Aug 22 2016, 12:40 PM) *

Ok I emailed the guy to opt out .

Hi Keith.
Forget they. Me.
I decided it was smarter to allow all people who used pseudonyms off, and then all anyone one to very quickly and easily opt out, rather than try to contact 101 different people, plus other without thier names, to opt in.
We (as in myself, and the other guys who discussed this) believe this is a much fairer system, and if anyone wanted a change we would be able to take care of this with a minimum of fuss.
As far as permission goes - under freedom of infotmation we can all get it - but I don't think playing toy soldiers should call for sheep station antics. This isn't really that important to national security.
I believe I made this philosophy very clear in my post - and respect your desire to be out of the system.
What you do in the privacy of your own bathroom is none of my business.

QUOTE(Dru @ Aug 22 2016, 01:20 PM) *

As I noted earlier on Facebook, it was a bit of a surprise a few dudes decided to do this, given there has been some angst at peoples names going up in rankings previously. Opt out pre-event is fine, forcing opt-out after a list is published is a bit naff. Not for me personally, I'm fine to have my single mediocre event placing against my name, but it wasn't the best etiquette call to go this route, but hopefully no big deal for most and we can move on.
...The whole notion of whether rankings inspire douchery or not is another thread saga awaiting necro. I'll get popcorn whenever that appears.

Dru - as far as naff goes - I disagree. And again - the stuff was already online, we collated it. No more. We now have a way to accommodate people to remove them selves without fuss if they choose - and people can change thier mind half way through the year. So I disagree it wasn't best etiquette, and will not apologise for not contacting 100+ people privately rather than go this way. I think people often fail to look at the reasons why something is done - and quite frankly, if people want this done (as the majority of my feedback says they do) then lets get it done.

As for your second point - I'm not going to feed the trolls any more than I already have.

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
Micky
post Aug 22 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #18

What is this now?

Member No.: 13,324

The frick am I doing in the top 20?

Also, wow, QLD runs so many events. Kudos to Ken, that man doesn't know how to sleep.

--------------------
Infinity: Onyx Force, Bakunin, Merovingienne, Imperial Service
KoW: Night Stalkers, Salamanders

Twitter: @Levialegions
Medium Blog: LegionsAU
+Quote Post
ken-in-yorks
post Aug 22 2016, 01:53 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Micky @ Aug 22 2016, 01:50 PM) *

The frick am I doing in the top 20?

You rocked it at Cancon mate armata_PDT_37.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
threemcs
post Aug 22 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,373

Bringing up the Victorian caboose. At least I can add 3rd at MikeCon3 to that soon!

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 03:43 PM