Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for People/Clubs in Brisbane to play Kill Team
Sikosis
post Aug 2 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,648

Ok, so I was inspired when I saw the Sydney post ... but basically, I've been trying to get into 40k since last year but haven't been able to find anywhere to play (being a n00b). I've seen some places running tournaments but nothing for the new player. Since Kill Team came out, I'm excited about it as you don't need as much time or as big an army to play.

So, if there are any people/clubs in the Brisbane area that are open to playing Kill Team (and open to new players), please let me know. I live on the Southside and GW Capalaba is my local store. armata_PDT_34.gif

Cheers

Phil
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
b20f08
post Aug 2 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #2

Ten Guitars
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 6,935

Warrior Lodge (North Lakes) are very much into 40K. They have a fb page; check there. Queensland Gamers Guild use to meet as a club but are now mobile, preferring to run 40K events. But check out their fb page and ask there for assistance. QNK also are into 40K but don't know their club days. Yes, check their facebook page (Queensland Northern Knights). Just some on the northside. More on the southside for sure. Good hunting!

--------------------
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!" for Spike Milligan & Dave Chapelle & Charles Bukowski
"Life without regrets is no life at all" Yip Man
"If you lack technique you lose the freedom to create" Paco de Lucia
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Aug 3 2018, 02:28 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 446

South East side:

-GW Capalabah.
- Blind Pig club (Finnish Hall 62 Newnham Road Mount Gravatt QLD 4122. ) dont do too much GW stuff (some) but do do alot of side games so would probably have some people doing Necro/Killteams.
- A new place has just opened up in Coorparoo 297 Old cleveland road. Haven't been there so don't know much about it yet.
- there was a gaming shop out in Wynnum/Manly somewhere? with a few regular gamers dunno if it is still going.
- Irresistible Force (over the Motorway from the Hyperdome) has a good community for GW stuff.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Aug 3 2018, 02:29 AM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Farseer Lael
post Aug 7 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 416

Vault Games in the CDB are having a one day tournament this weekend (12th August). Its on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/vaultgamesoz/

--------------------
Farseer Lael

"Guided by the hand of Lileath, we fly into the void on twisting flame"

Eldar Jetbike Character Conversions
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 06:19 PM