Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Orks, Orks, Orks!.. Orks!!!!!, Whats new?
Blackhearts Reaver
post Nov 3 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 446

Looks pretty interesting.

Looks like they have added a lot more anti tanks for the orks and a few more reliable ways to put down damage at range for 8th ed. (see mek guns, flashgitz and new buggies... surprise! . smile.gif ).
There are also plenty of ways of doing 1d3 Mortal wds so orks will be able to wear down the Imperial Knights etc.

A lot of the older models have been relegated to Index only. so your Mega Warboss or Warboss on Warbike are not in the new codex (except Ghaz), Painboy or on bike, or Bigmek (not mega) on foot, the older buggies have not got an entry etc.

-The stratagem add plenty as per other codex.
-the Psypowers haven't changed much. (+1 att and Da jump will be mainstays as usual)
The Kults have add small amounts but nothing groundbreaking compared to previous codex.
-extra hits on 6's (h2h),
-reroll 1's shooting,
-+1" to mv adv and assault rgs,
-Invuln 6+,
-6+ FNP,
-Cover From shooting further than 18" away,
-maybe the Freebooterz if a Freebooterz unit kills something it gives +1 to hit to all freebooterz within 24".

there are also a lot of hidden gems that add small functional power to units like ammo runts are just a reroll (not one off), Tankbusta bombs on 1/10 normal ork boyz (for free), and most places you can add a slugga and choppa for free (eg Nob Bikers/boss nobs/nob squads etc) and then change one or both for better weapons (can be expensive but can add some flexibility in hammer units.).

Big changes like Stormboy IC give fearless stormboyz (6"), Speedmob general rule allowing 1st turn assaults with buggy/ biker units. Old fav's like Da Jump are still in,

So on the whole orks have got a lot faster to assault. wink.gif

More later.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Nov 9 2018, 11:18 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PsychoUltramarine
post Nov 4 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,566

Got them on the tabletop today - full dreadmob run as Goffs (to have Buzzgob as HQ).

First off, this might be a little bit skewed as my opponent was thrown off his game due to the 'shock' of facing mek horde, causing him to play too defensively, plus he'd only known I was plying Orks, not the type, so the army I was facing wasn't a hard counter.

I had:
- Buzzgob,
- 2 x 3 man Rokkit Kans
- 1 x 3 man 4-klaw Deffdreads
- 2 x KFF Morkanauts
- 1 x 3 man KMK Mek-Guns

and I faced:
- barebones farseer
- Illic Nightspear
- Maugan Ra
- Jain Zar
- twin flamer Wraithlord
- missile war walker
- 2 x 10 man Dire Avengers
- 1 x 6 man Rangers
- 1 x 6 man Scorpions
- 1 x 6 man Reapers
- 1 x 5 man Banshees (in waveserpent)
- 1 x 6 man Dragons (in same waveserpent)

he had a lot of stuff infiltrate, and I deployed the whole army as a wide 'flying V', kans to the sides, dreads in the centre, mokanauts holding it all together, buzzgob hiding behind the big boyz, and the guns rear centre as long-range fore support.

first turn I split the force into 2 separate blocks to advance on both areas of my opponents deployment, advancing he dredds threateningly, blasting away with everything else, buzzgob hung back to the centre to keep options open, but still within KFF range - plinked a few wounds off both the war walker and wraithlord, and used the 'superior' BS of the mek guns to all but evaporate the dark reapers (leaving just the exarch standing next to maugan ra)

turn 2 was much the same, one morkanaut did a great job of melting 5 wounds off itself due to an OTT fusilade from it's KMK, and was repaired by buzzgob as he'd also been tagged by the reaper exarch. Th wraithlord, looking worse for wear, decided to try assaulting the kans that had been slowly taking chunks off, only to get a single rokkit to the face in overwatch and flubbing his save to lose the last 3 wounds.

turn 3 got me into CC proper with one morkanaut and a unit of kans, who effortlessly chewed through the waveserpent, forcing the dragons, banshees and jain zar onto the field.

from there it turned into a slog for that flank, engaging one morkanaut, 2 dredds and a unit of kans into melee after melee, whilst the other morkanaut sat back and continued to melt it;s own face off every turn, omly to be patched up by buzzgob.

At the bottom of 7,my opponent called it; having just 2 dragons, illic, 3 avengers, and the farseer left; whereas I'd lost just one morkanaut (afer several rounds of smiting, dooming,and jain zar punching me), 1 dredd (avenger catapaulted to death after krumping the naut smiting jain zar), and 2 kans (who valiantl realized the dragons didn't know which way to point their guns).

man of the match went to the living morkanaut, who managed to do almost 10 wounds to himself (before being fixed back up) and the mek guns, who'd roll massively for shot numbers, and managed to not outright kill themselves by the game end.

overall, I'm VERY happy with the orks codex (dakka dakka dakka and the goff klan trait were amazing help, both really adding to the sheer damage output considerably), but I feel a little dirty after krumping SO well

--------------------
Arc40k '14 - 138th
Arc40k '15 - 73rd
+Quote Post
Mousemuffins
post Nov 5 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Braaaaaiiinnnnss

Member No.: 2,278

Not sure if you have the new codex or not, but you can only lose 1 wound from a KMK (KMZ, as it is now).
+Quote Post
MBWilliams
post Nov 5 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,290

Looks like a mixed bag to me. Probably better if you want to run vehicles of some sort but not much better (if at all) if you want to run boyz.

Martin
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Nov 5 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(MBWilliams @ Nov 5 2018, 03:28 PM) *

Looks like a mixed bag to me. Probably better if you want to run vehicles of some sort but not much better (if at all) if you want to run boyz.

Martin

Been chatting to someone today about the grot shield stratagem. You are basically giving an ork mob a huge amount of extra wounds for 1 CP a turn...

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
MBWilliams
post Nov 5 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,290

QUOTE(Krefey @ Nov 5 2018, 04:26 PM) *

Been chatting to someone today about the grot shield stratagem. You are basically giving an ork mob a huge amount of extra wounds for 1 CP a turn...

I suspect grot shield can be great. I don't think it's best use, however, will be shielding boyz. After all it is, I believe, 1 unit per phase maximum. I suspect it will be keeping my 17 point lootas alive rather than my 7 point boyz. After all it doesn't really just cost 1 CP, it also costs you all the Gretchin you lose. They are also more likely to have gretchin between them and the enemy (Boyz are usually as far forward as possible, lootas have a long range)

Martin
+Quote Post
PsychoUltramarine
post Nov 5 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,566

QUOTE(Mousemuffins @ Nov 5 2018, 01:24 PM) *

Not sure if you have the new codex or not, but you can only lose 1 wound from a KMK (KMZ, as it is now).

damn, you're right... that REALLY makes the Morkanaut more OP than I already felt it was

I'll have to get some more games in with different army builds, see if it's across the book that the Orks are good now, or just the filth I took armata_PDT_14.gif

--------------------
Arc40k '14 - 138th
Arc40k '15 - 73rd
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Nov 5 2018, 11:05 PM
Post #8

loota's smoota's..... Tankbusta's are much more fun. smile.gif (and they need to be in truk or battlewagon.).

I just love how most sidekicks are in addition to now.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
morsla
post Nov 5 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #9

Paintmaster Mod

Member No.: 3

Tankbustas + More Dakka + Extra Stikkbombs (preferably Deathskulls or Snakebites against large vehicles)

Throw 10d3 tankbusta bombs, hitting on 5+ regardless of modifiers, with each hit triggering another tankbusta bomb...

Shame about the 120 points worth of rokkit launchers you aren't firing, but that's a hell of a lot of explosions biggrin.gif

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
morsla
post Nov 5 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Paintmaster Mod

Member No.: 3

I've never played Orks, but I've started building an army for Arc.

How do points for Boss Nobz work? Do you just use the "Nobz" entry from Elites (14 points base), or are they somehow included in the regular unit prices (Boyz 7 points, etc).

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post
Mousemuffins
post Nov 6 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #11

Braaaaaiiinnnnss

Member No.: 2,278

Boss Nob is included in the cost of the first 10 boyz.

I'm looking forward to telleporting in a Gorkanought and giving it a 3d6 charge.

This post has been edited by Mousemuffins: Nov 6 2018, 06:51 AM
+Quote Post
goatheadedbastard
post Nov 6 2018, 06:55 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 10,226

QUOTE(morsla @ Nov 6 2018, 12:42 AM) *

I've never played Orks, but I've started building an army for Arc.

How do points for Boss Nobz work? Do you just use the "Nobz" entry from Elites (14 points base), or are they somehow included in the regular unit prices (Boyz 7 points, etc).

He's just a freebie upgrade mate... like Spannas in a Burna Boyz mob or other Boss Nobz.
OPtional, but free... and definitely worth it (when you bung a Power Klaw on 'im...)

Goat

--------------------
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
(H. L. Mencken)
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Nov 6 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #13

Kill saws all round.
Tankhammers FTW!!!

https://youtu.be/_BWiJAHRavE?t=75

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Nov 6 2018, 11:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Nov 9 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #14

-Significantly cheaper:
Meganobs, bikers, nob bikers, nobs, Deffcopta's, Battlewagons, trukks, GorkaMorka naughts, Killlakans, Dreads, powerklaws, Killsaws, Big choppa's, Shokk attack gun

Brightest gems....

-Mob up (1CP) any infantry, smile.gif one unit 10+ (same datasheet type) add unit 10- .... lol (think 15+10 Loota's burna's tankbusta's, 30+10 boyz (40+2 PK!!!), 10+10 MEGANOBs!!!!!!! hahahahahah

- EDIT: Skarboyz (1CP) per unit per turn before start of battle. +1 str for unit... 180 attaks hitting on 2+ at str5 ... whats not to like.... (gawd thats 17 wds on Imperial knight with just choppa's)....
-Grot Shields (1cp) 2+ transfer wd to grots.
-Loot it (1CP) 1" kill vehicle = +1 armour for INFANTRY unit.
-Green tide (3cp) boyz unit <50% and setup again a full str 6" any board edge.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Nov 12 2018, 09:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom
post Nov 12 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 3,405

More Stikkbombs stratagem isn't limited to just stikkbombs - 10 Tankbustas can lob 10d3 Tankbusta bombs, and use More Dakka for even more shots on top.
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Nov 12 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #16

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Nov 10 2018, 12:44 AM) *

-Significantly cheaper:
Meganobs, bikers, nob bikers, nobs, Deffcopta's, Battlewagons, trukks, GorkaMorka naughts, Killlakans, Dreads, powerklaws, Killsaws, Big choppa's, Shokk attack gun
Brightest gems....

-Mob up (1CP) any infantry, smile.gif one unit 10+ (same datasheet type) add unit 10- .... lol (think 15+10 Loota's burna's tankbusta's, 30+10 boyz (40+2 PK!!!), 10+10 MEGANOBs!!!!!!! hahahahahah

-Skarboyz (1CP) per unit per turn. +1 str for unit... 180 attaks hitting on 2+ at str5 ... whats not to like.... (gawd thats 17 wds on Imperial knight with just choppa's)....
-Grot Shields (1cp) 2+ transfer wd to grots.
-Loot it (1CP) 1" kill vehicle = +1 armour for INFANTRY unit.
-Green tide (3cp) boyz unit <50% and setup again a full str 6" any board edge.

Isn't Skarboyz a once at the start of the battle stratagem?

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Nov 12 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #17

yeah. Sorry but you can do multiple units >> so they can mob up later . Hell for 1 CP i would make 3-5 units skarboyz when running double battalion (13CP)

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Nov 12 2018, 09:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2018 - 06:52 PM