> Cryx Cup 1 day tourny Sydney Nov 25 1500, ***FULL UP!!***
ArchonCryx
post Oct 3 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 76

The Cryx Cup.

1500pt 1 Day 40K tournament.

Good Games Level 1, 857 George ST, They are opposite RAILWAY Square near central, above that KFC there, near corner of Harris St. The entry is next to KFC, before the McDonalds.

Saturday the 25th of November, Registration 8:30 for 9am start. 4 rounds, 2 hours per round, 1/4 hr turnaround, 1 hour for lunch (1:15-2:15 or so), extra time in last round, 7:30pm prize giving. Good Games is open until Midnight, so feel free to stay on for a friendly game or chat.

This will now be the official spot to keep track of entrants, and all details will be compiled here.
Lists subject to confirmation with entry payment record.

Ticket Holders:

#1 Sanguinary Lord

#2 Charles McCharles

#3 Trip

#4 Asmodean

#5 Lonestar

#6 Drozzy

# 7 KoldKraysie

# 8 Bungeye

# 9 lord talonis

#10 ritchie

#11 Dave

#12 Ophion

#13 Angmar

#14 Sanguine V "Thomas Wilson"

#15 Talk'n Kroot

#16 Trevor

#17 PJP13 (Peter)

#18 Cheexsta

Well, we are full! Thanks to everyone for paying so promptly, now trhe real work for me begins as I continue the track towards building a brilliant tourny for your enjoyment!

It's like a who's who of "Sydney" 40K, isn't it??

No more TBCs biggrin.gif

All entrants are encouraged to attempt to place higher than their ticket entry, except Cheexsta who's playing Khorne, so be nice to him! It might be hard for Sanguinary Lord as well, but no one else need be discouraged! wink.gif

Parking, as it's Saturday, is okay. Plenty of parking stations and on a weekend in that part of the town should be able to find on street parking within a block or two, try Bay St or Mary Ann St just off Harris, or Harris St itself. Many (not all) parking restrictions won't apply on Saturday.

Armies to be no more than 1500pts, painted and based to usual tournament standard and WYSIWYG.

All usual current 40K armies with the latest relevant Codex and any updated FAQs will be used. The updated WAU FAQ will be referred to as well.

The new Eldar Codex will be allowed although you can use your old 'dex (and Craftworld Eldar) this one last time if you prefer. All Eldar players must clearly point out which 'dex they are using....

IA may be used at TO's discretion, no fliers or super heavys. You must bring relelvant IA book and ruleset, and you must be able to clearly explain how they work to TO and (especially) opponents. You are expected to point out strengths and the vulnerabilities of your device to opponents.

Chapter Approved armies, such as Kroot Mercenaries *will* be allowed. This is at TO's discretion, but most things will be fine. Approved units from CA include: WitchHunter Zealots, Blood Pact Lost and the Damned; Chosen of Ahriman. Please bring the relevant White Dwarf or official Chapter Approved compilation.

As there will be a broad mix of gamers and other issues, I won't be allowing Armoured Company at this time. Treadheads are welcome to try their hand at Mechanised Infantry or my bigger tourny over 2 days next Easter where I will be allowing Armoured Company.

"And The TO Shall Know No Fear" - rules will be adjudicated using the BGB, Codexes, Official GW FAQs, and unofficial WAU FAQ(unless contradicting a GW FAQ) and my judgement, not neccesarily always in that order. In the event of a grey area not properly covered in FAQ or BGB etc, this TO reserves the right to make a rules call with no recourse for the players if I should happen to get it wrong on the day. I can always be reasoned with at the time of decision, but once it's made that's it. I also reserve the right to consult with others if I wish. All decisions are final and while all due care will be taken to ensure accuracy, no correspondance will be entered into so on and so forth. smile.gif

TO reserves right to eject any persons for bad behaviour, or other reasons as appropriate. Of course, all players are subject to the hospitality of the good folks at Good Games who reserve similar rights to refuse anyone and this in no way invalidates any rights we have in law, only to indicate our desire for a trouble free event.

Players to bring their own playing equipment, ie dice, templates, armies, rules, anything else needed to play. Terrain.

Playing surfaces are provided but Im making a call out to all players if they could please bring a little bit of terrain that would be awesome. There will be terrain prizes for best hobby effort as well as best sheer volume(see below).

All players are encouraged to take the approach advocated on page 5 of the BGB. It's about everyone having fun! smile.gif

Composition will be player judged, as will sports. Scores out of 5. I will query any extreme outlying Peer scores.
Painting will be marked by Paul and myself.
Draw will be on a swiss chess style (like vs like).

Prizes (assumes full turnout):
1st Overall
2nd Overall
3rd Overall

Best Painted
Best Sportsman
Best General (most wins outside podium)
Best terrain piece/effort/quantity. (up to 2, depending on turnout and the numbers who bring terrain, limit of up to one terrain prize per entrant)
Encouragement.
Possibly one or two random and fun smaller prizes.

*Except for the Terrain prize(s)* No double ups - if a player qualifies for more than one prize he is awarded the higher ranked prize and the lesser goes to the next highest ranked player (unless also in same position). No one player will be walking away with all the prizes! You'll notice that the odds are pretty decent - we hope to have prizes for roughly half the field. The only exception is if a player wins both a terrain prize and another category, where he receives both.

Payment: $20 to be prepaid. Entry is guaranteed once payment is received, confirmed players from the list below have first dibs.
There will only be enough room for 16 players, although if there is demand we *may* be able to squeeze in one more table.

All "committed" players have 2 weeks (by midnight 23rd October) to get their entry fee in.

Remaining ticket on 1st paid, 1st served basis.

we will maintain a short waiting list in case a late cancellation occurs

Of course, any entry fee received in good faith but has missed out on a space will receive a full refund and automatic "Committed Status" for our next tournament.

=======================================

Entry $20.00

Direct Credit
Bank NAB
Account Name: Good Games
bsb 082024 acc 798119763

Please quote your username as reference and reply to this thread.

Money Orders
Send to
Level 1, 857 George St
Sydney 2000

Made out to Good Games

Or come and pay in person at the store.

Now we have payment options, it's time to send those entries in. At the moment we just want your money, ( wink.gif ) don't forget to mark your payment with your username and real name. PMing me and/or posting that you paid on this thread is also a good idea.

=======================================

"Committed" list, the following people, with the numbers, have committed to attending, and have until Monday 23rd October to send their entry fee in and be certain of a spot. Of course anyone is welcome to send their entry fee in early, any not on this list (or are TBC) but sending entry fee now will get their tickets allocated first thing on Tuesday October 24. If there are any left after that, it's all first come best dressed. We *may* be able to add to the numbers.

(1 Aeon) withdrawn
2 Dave *
3 Drozzy*
4 Trip *
5 Asmodean *
6 Butch
7 Charles Mc Charles *
8 Sanguinary Lord *
9 Cheexsta
(10 Krefey) withdrawn
11 J
12 Nathan
13 (Ian Telke) withdrawn
14 KoldKraysie*
15 Bungeye*
16 lord talonis *
17 ritchie *
18 Lonestar *
Ophion (TBC) *
Angmar (TBC) *

Sanguine V (TBC)*

Null_Sheen (unlikely to be in country)

Come one, come all. There will be something for everyone and players are encouraged to have a blast! biggrin.gif

Visitors definitely welcome!

This post has been edited by ArchonCryx: Nov 6 2006, 09:30 AM

--------------------
Official ACADEMIC LEMMING

Lords of Terra 2013
Congratulations to Dan Gilmour, High Lord for 2013.

Due to RL time pressures (an exciting new job), I am taking a break from running Lords for at least the 2014 season. Thanks for all your great support over the years and I hope to be back for 2015. Stay tuned for a new look event tba mid winter in Sydney.

"...not scared of losing but prefer to keep humiliation to a minimum." -Trigger Happy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drozzy
post Oct 3 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Group: Banned
Member No.: 252

NO - not the 25th of november! Gosford Gamers Guild and Northern Knights are holding the second round of our interclub challenge on the 26th, and i would like ot attend both, but driving around for two days wqouldnt be possible.

Any chance of another date? Would love to come and one day tournies sound like a great idea!
+Quote Post
Trip
post Oct 3 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Support: Veteran Merchant
Member No.: 1,983

Well depending on the date, i'll drive up for a day, see if i can bring some other canberra guys as well, better get in quick sydney!

--------------------
The Store formally know as Good Games Canberra
02 6294 7770
Units 6
38 Reed St North
Greenway ACT 2900
+Quote Post
Asmodean
post Oct 3 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 115

Oooo, a one day event.

Time to make the Mech Tau more powerful(ha!).

Hopefully I can even make it....

--------------------
That was how the Ancients dealt with rebellious towns: wiped 'em out.
One of these days some first-world country is going to get impatient and a problem child like the Sunni Triangle will be a big, radioactive ghost town.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Oct 3 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 109

Count me in Alex.

HSC shall be over by then and witch hunters could even perhaps be painted.

--------------------
No signature require
+Quote Post
cazaril
post Oct 3 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 145

i'd love to come.. and if it wasnt 2 days before my missus's 21st i would..

sorry alex outranked here

--------------------
Learning Cygnar
1-1-12 in Mk2
+Quote Post
Butch
post Oct 3 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 164

After the Blast I had at MOAB I'll definitely be in for it!

--------------------
An Expert is simply a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made, in a particularly narrow field.
+Quote Post
SanguineV
post Oct 3 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,856

Count me in for now and I will confirm closer to the time (subject to work/uni/club tournament).

As a slight aside, is the store it will be run at open now? If so do you have a contact number? (I've just moved to Glebe and am looking for somewhere fairly local to game regularly but can't make the battlebunker due to commitments on Thursdays.)
+Quote Post
drozzy
post Oct 3 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #9

How about having a smaller size, maybe 1200? Would aid in getting more players, as well as having something different from the norm?
+Quote Post
ArchonCryx
post Oct 3 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #10

**EDIT** the lists will now be maintained on the top thread, this is the last time Ill edit this posting.

Drozz, Iwould have considered a lower point limit if that's what the majority wish for. At the current level of response it seems we maight not have any trouble filling,so Im not in a rush to lower the count, at all. I think 1500 has the appeal of being a "proper tournament size", helping give the feel of magic you get at many good weekend cons.

Please, if you'd like to come along to the Cryx Cup, put your name down here.

Sounds like I potentially have 6 7 8 9 at least 16 players already, and that's not including the TBCs. The real test will come when we start taking entrys, we should have that available pretty shortly now. This is fast shaping up to being a nice little event, we already have some big names saying they'll come along, kewl! Keep responding guys, and spread the word!

Trip - would be delighted to have you, and anyone else who wants to travel would be welcome. I admit I didn't really think anyone would wish to do that for a one day event, but if you make the effort Ill do everything I can to ensure a great event to make it worth the trip (no pun intended...) Also, if you stay overnight, I'm sure several of us (me included) would be up for a friendly or two on Sunday...

Sanguine V - Good Games is open now, they have 8 gaming tables and you'll find them on the floor abopve KFC. I didnt realise you were so close, I'm only in Darllinghurst, why not send me a PM and we'll get together for a game one day either at Good Games or the Battle Bunker?

Current attendee list is: (in order of being told)

1 Aeon,
2 Dave
3 Drozzy
4 Trip
5 Asmodean
6 Butch
7 Charles Mc Charles
8 Sanguinary Lord
9 Cheexsta
10 Krefey
11 J
12 Nathan
13 Ian Telke
14 KoldKraysie
15 Bungeye
16 lord talonis (firm TBC)
17 ritchie (firm TBC)

Sanguine V (TBC To Be Confirmed)
Ophion (TBC)

Null_Sheen (TBC? unlikely to be in country)

TBCs will get pushed off the list when I start exceeding 16. I will encourage anyone who is interested to put their name down, life has a way of interfering with the best plans, so if more ppl are willing I want to do everything possible to ensure a full event. WHo knows, perhaps we can even manage another table or 2 if demand warrants...

Thanks guys, this is very encouraging! biggrin.gif

EDIT Well, the numbers are looking quite promising for the moment. If a miracle occurs and everyone comes whos on the list so far, we'd actually have no tables left to fill! Rememvber that no one's paid a cent, so if you can commit get your name up now, I would prefer over subscription and making sure we fill. There's still two now no "committed" spots up for grabs! Definitely this will be going ahead on the 25th November as a 1500pt 4 round event. I hope you all do come, and I mean what I say, I will do everything I can to make it worth your day! Anyone who wants to come for the social aspect or pop in for a look is most welcome to.

*EDIT* Okay looks good, we may have to put a waiting list on, we'll see what happens when we get the entry form ready... all people with a number have secured themselves first dibs on a ticket, because they could commit early. Obviously there's no more first dib spots left. But some of the reserved spots may well free up (remember, plans change, somone who has committed now isn't going to get lynched if he can't make it after all) so I would encourage anyone still interested to say so.

This post has been edited by ArchonCryx: Oct 6 2006, 11:30 PM

--------------------

Lords of Terra 2013

Due to RL time pressures (an exciting new job), I am taking a break from running Lords for at least the 2014 season. Thanks for all your great support over the years and I hope to be back for 2015. Stay tuned for a new look event tba mid winter in Sydney.

"...not scared of losing but prefer to keep humiliation to a minimum." -Trigger Happy
+Quote Post
drozzy
post Oct 3 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #11

Ill put my name down as a definate... i just wont work or study that weekend!
+Quote Post
CharlesMcCharles
post Oct 3 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 600

I'm in at this stage
+Quote Post
ArchonCryx
post Oct 3 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #13

Please njote change of address (I simply had it wrong)

Level 1, 857 George ST, They are opposite RAILWAY Square near central, above that KFC there, near corner of Harris St. SO parking, particularly Saturday, is less of an issue. Plenty of parking stations and on a weekend in that part of thetown should be able to find on street parking within a block or two.

Charles - cool, that makes you our 7th definite, and 8th total. You'd be most welcome to bring that fabulous army you had at EL if you like (although fair warning to other participants, he's gunna gve you guys arun for your money in the race for "Best Painted". Drozzy will be able to compete, and at least a couple others, this is already sopunding promising, Ive known this is happening for 24 hrs and I look like having 50% turn out already... seems a likely bet this is gunna go ahead with a bang! biggrin.gif

I should mention, as is usual, that no player can win more than one prize. If you end up eligible for more than one prize, you get the highest prize, then the next lowest un prized person(s) gets the lesser award(s).

This post has been edited by ArchonCryx: Oct 3 2006, 03:51 PM

--------------------

Lords of Terra 2013

+Quote Post
sanguinary lord
post Oct 3 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,750

The chance to rematch Aeon can't be missed, besides, I live 5 mins away on foot. I just have to confirm I am not away with the army that weekend so will set it in concrete on thursday when I get back to Sydney, but at this stage I'm there with bells on.
Also, is it to early to ask about payment method (ie web bank to you, at store, on day) and about players packs?
+Quote Post
ArchonCryx
post Oct 3 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #15

Okay, and we now have gone over 50%, Neil is definitely going to be pleased (I am as well, I want my first tourny to be a success, after all).

A little early to sort out payment method just yet. We'll probably just run it through the shop's till, but I'll talk with the owners and when we decide, everyone on my list gets a pm, and of course Ill make an official announcement.

I'll put this onto the calender once I do have payment info and everything get's locked in. I am heartened by the level of interest. smile.gif

Anyone else, just post your interest in this thread!

If this one is successful,, thewre's a good chance we can get a bit of a regular event going, less frequent in busy periods (eg no one day tourny across August/September/Early October due to many other great tournies) I reckon it could be a great lull filler. I remember when I first started tournament gaming it seemed very odd that for the hottest 6 months of the year there was really just one tourny, not even in Sydney(Cancon!). SO I reckon running 2 or 3 one day events over this time frame could be a great thing for us gaming addicts! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Lords of Terra 2013

+Quote Post
MarkC
post Oct 3 2006, 05:20 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,849

As someone with a wife and family I think that the idea of the 1 day tournament is great. I can justify (now and again) spending a whole day playing with toy soldiers rather than spending time with my family but spending the whole weekend doing this is not well received.

Having said that, as Drozzy has already mentioned, the proposed date is the day before the Blitzkreig Challenge between the Northern Knights and Gosford Gamers Guild. As such I won't be able to go. However I wish you luck with it and hope that there will be more 1 day events in the future.

Mark C

--------------------
Would play if I had time:
(FoW) Australian Rifle Company (EW/MW): 2000+ pts (MW)
(FoW) Deutsches Africa Korps (EW/MW): 1500 pts
(FoW) Canadian Rifle Company (LW): 1750 pts
(Saga) Vikings

Packed away:
(WFB) 2600+ pts Dwarfs

Sold off: (40K) 5300+ Pts Dark Angels / Space Marines
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
vanwolfgang
post Oct 3 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #17

Slowest Painter ever!
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 331

More details about parking and such can be found at http://www.goodgames.com.au/directions.shtml

Really looking forward to this and will be happy to make it as regular as players want. We open from 9am till midnight on a Saturday so happy to stay open as long as the event takes.

At some point in the future I would also like to see an official Wargamerau tournament being run. Big thanks to Alex for getting right behind this smile.gif

This post has been edited by vanwolfgang: Oct 3 2006, 05:48 PM

--------------------
Please PM me with any issues with the new boards.
+Quote Post
null_sheen
post Oct 3 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,771

I would like to come but i will have to confirm later. May be in the US at the end of November/early December.
+Quote Post
Fargo
post Oct 3 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,315

Alex,

Ask Ian and J if they want to attend, they never really check this forum... could be a good way to repay Ian's hospitallity...

i may pass as im hopeless at commiting smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fargo: Oct 3 2006, 06:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArchonCryx
post Oct 3 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #20

VanWolfgang - why cheers, you're welcome. glad to see you like the possibility of a regular one, but I definitely want to focus attention on the 1st event for now. We need a cool name for it.

Good idea, Fargo, two spots tentaively on reserve til I see Ian tomorrow. A pity you're unable, you'd be an interesting army to have, it would be competitive in terms of composition and painting is pretty nice!

MarkC, well, if this kicks off okay, it appears we have a tentative regular event here. naturally depending on the success of our first. But Ill definitely get pleasure from running these if we can make it work for Good Games (Since they're supporting us tournament addicts, I hope they get rewarded with increased sales...)

SO with any luck I'll be able to say shame you can't come this time, see you at the next. smile.gif

But 1st things 1st, lets make this one a success.

Null_Sheen I'll have tyou as a TBC for now. If you're still in town, it should be perfect for you, 1 day wont be enoughto interfere with your pre planning/organising for that trip.

--------------------

Lords of Terra 2013

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 12:40 PM