Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to get to Friday Knights?, Same place as everything else?
Borzag
post Nov 13 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Bane
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 177

Hey guys,

So, it's time to put money where mouth... is, and lay down some smack on the Caboolture guys. Or get smacked, one or the other. Suits me either way tongue.gif particularly since I'm also being offered work in Sydney between now & my new job in Peru (God bless understaffed overworked niche engineering companies biggrin.gif once you know how their stuff works they never want to let you go biggrin.gif). So I figure I can start going to the Friday Knight nights to have a few games (1999 for everyone, 2250 for Dane for the Dragon-Off!!!).

Anyway, all the times I've been out there I've been half-asleep with Adam as navigator (so we get lost a fair bit happy.gif ), so I really have no idea how to get there, if "there" is even the same place for that matter. I mean I've only been to the tourneys.

So, is it the same place, and how would one get there from, for example, Eight Mile Plains? (I work near the Gateway so that's easy enough, but the rest.... huh?).

Cheers, and I look forward to kicking all of your sorry asses in alphabetical order!* biggrin.gif

Jose

*may not be exactly alphabetical

--------------------
QUOTE(Bajau @ Nov 14 2007, 06:56 PM) *
Mate I'll pay MONEY to sit there and watch Jose get Whupped..Never seen someone lose which such style!
QUOTE(Big_al @ Nov 3 2008, 08:46 PM) *
The first rule about fight club is that you have to fight borzag
QUOTE(Wombats @ Aug 8 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Excuse me, I need to go change into tighter pants, there are some people in a ten mile radious who do not have intimate knowledge of my junk.
QUOTE(Borzag @ May 3 2013, 09:21 PM) *
it's now gotten to the point where I have a Pavlovian montage response: if montage music plays, I lift and/or burpees
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kojihama
post Nov 14 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 1,782

Josey, straight up the gateway onto the Bruce HWY, then get off on the Caboolture exit. If you're at 8MP it'll take you about 40 minutes from the gateway bridge if there is no traffic. In peak it'll take you an additional 20-30 minutes.

This post has been edited by Kojihama: Nov 14 2007, 08:55 AM

--------------------
There aren't any rules in the game that prohibit me from reaching across the table and punching my opponent face in either. Doesn't mean I do it.
+Quote Post
Borzag
post Nov 14 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #3

Bane
Group Icon

So about an hr & a half (leaving at 5pm on a friday mind you).... same place as the Spring Cup or somewhere new?

Also, assuming Danish doesn't make it for this one, who wants to throw down? tongue.gif (I'll make a 1999pt dead list asap)

--------------------
Mate I'll pay MONEY to sit there and watch Jose get Whupped..Never seen someone lose which such style!
Excuse me, I need to go change into tighter pants, there are some people in a ten mile radious who do not have intimate knowledge of my junk.
it's now gotten to the point where I have a Pavlovian montage response: if montage music plays, I lift and/or burpees
+Quote Post
Kojihama
post Nov 14 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Borzag @ Nov 14 2007, 02:20 PM) *

So about an hr & a half (leaving at 5pm on a friday mind you).... same place as the Spring Cup or somewhere new?

Also, assuming Danish doesn't make it for this one, who wants to throw down? tongue.gif (I'll make a 1999pt dead list asap)

Yeah about that. Bit of a hike but that's the gateway for ya. I can't come otherwise i'd give you a game.. I don't think we've ever had a game.

--------------------
There aren't any rules in the game that prohibit me from reaching across the table and punching my opponent face in either. Doesn't mean I do it.
+Quote Post
Borzag
post Nov 14 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #5

Bane
Group Icon

Yeah, you & Pete are the top of the NK "must play before leaving to catch Black Lung" list at the moment smile.gif well I should be going for the next few weeks, so we should be able to meet up for a game.

... and I'm still not sure if it's at the same place tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Duellist
post Nov 14 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,912

Yes mate just head for that big shed we use for our tournys and you will see us in the Dinning hall right next to it. I have a game this week but lets get it on the following week armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
Queensland Northern Knights

Facebook Group
+Quote Post
peacekeeper
post Nov 14 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 16

B and I have a game lined up, but I'm sure he'd let us play instead if you come up smile.gif I say you should play Kin so I can laugh at him when he gets mowed down laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Kojihama
post Nov 14 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(peacekeeper @ Nov 14 2007, 04:11 PM) *

B and I have a game lined up, but I'm sure he'd let us play instead if you come up smile.gif I say you should play Kin so I can laugh at him when he gets mowed down laugh.gif

Oh.. this smack talk.. just wait till the woodies are done.. you are going to get a smashing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Borzag
post Nov 14 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Bane
Group Icon

Don't worry guys, I intend to be very democratic during these games; EVERYONE will get a smackdown armata_PDT_36.gif plus there's the whole "no longer working at the stadium" so I have my weekends free if push comes to shove. Basically, NK in general is on the "Play Before Pissing Off" list (take that as you will) so I am willing to go out of my way to have a crack at yez tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Llews
post Nov 14 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,530

Mate when the stench of cheese gets too much, you know you are almost there. Put a peg on your nose and proceed.

--------------------
People often ask me why i decided to become a lawyer. I can only say that after reading Bram Stoker's "Dracula" as a boy, I thought that conveyancing was all European travel and slaying undead.

Northern Knights Co-Founder
Northern Knights Warhammer 40,000 Club Champion 2007
Northern Knights Warhammer 40,000 Club Champion 2008
+Quote Post
Bajau
post Nov 14 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,051

QUOTE(peacekeeper @ Nov 14 2007, 04:11 PM) *

Mate I'll pay MONEY to sit there and watch Jose get Whupped..Never seen someone lose which such style! If the numbers don't work out to give everyone a game feel free to give our little interloper a whole can of whooparse! armata_PDT_34.gif

QUOTE(Kojihama @ Nov 14 2007, 04:15 PM) *

Oh.. this smack talk.. just wait till the woodies are done.. you are going to get a smashing.

Yeah, Yeah..Woodies this, Woodies that...when you can win a game with a REAL army let us know Kin... armata_PDT_11.gif

QUOTE(Borzag @ Nov 14 2007, 04:56 PM) *

Don't worry guys, I intend to be very democratic during these games; EVERYONE will get a smackdown armata_PDT_36.gif plus there's the whole "no longer working at the stadium" so I have my weekends free if push comes to shove. Basically, NK in general is on the "Play Before Pissing Off" list (take that as you will) so I am willing to go out of my way to have a crack at yez tongue.gif

Pencil me in on that list Jose. Our last game I think I won by a moral victory and a proverbial bees pecker so I need to get a justifiable slapping over you before you wing of to the land of warhammer in a different language...

QUOTE(Llews @ Nov 14 2007, 05:28 PM) *

Mate when the stench of cheese gets too much, you know you are almost there. Put a peg on your nose and proceed.

No, no, no...The cheese smell is further north with bobo and grinning gobbos on the coast...we just have the smell of the caboolturites wafting over from the centre of town when the wind is not favourable... armata_PDT_12.gif

--------------------
Qld Northern Knights Inc. - - - - - - -

Bloodbowl Games Won: Some / Bloodbowl Games Lost: Some / Bloodbowl Trash Shovelled: SH!TLOADS!!!!

QUOTE(knockout @ Jun 7 2011, 05:14 PM) *
If I tell you a dice has six sides... check the dice, then check the rulebook. Don't believe me cause I'm known the be full of it.

+Quote Post
Kojihama
post Nov 14 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Bajau @ Nov 14 2007, 05:56 PM) *

Yeah, Yeah..Woodies this, Woodies that...when you can win a game with a REAL army let us know Kin... armata_PDT_11.gif

Hey, it's better than cardboard!!! laugh.gif Nowhere near as cheesed up as Danish's army of dragon.

This post has been edited by Kojihama: Nov 14 2007, 06:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Duellist
post Nov 14 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,912

we just have the smell of the Caboolture Munchies wafting over from the centre of town when the wind is not favourable...
Yep that sounds more inviting wink.gif

--------------------
Queensland Northern Knights

Facebook Group
+Quote Post
Borzag
post Nov 15 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #14

Bane
Group Icon

Well the good news (of a sort) is that I may not head out to Peru as quickly as I thought... I'm having a meeting with the company next week, but today's tentative meeting said that the Peru project might take a while. However I may still end up in Kazakhstan... if anyone wants to give me Vodka to start practicing, feel free biggrin.gif

The other news (I'll refrain from calling it "bad") is that I'm odds-on to be working in Sydney til I piss off overseas, regardless of country. Whether or not it's a few times a week or a permanent move is hard to tell, but odds on that it'll be a flight a week or thereabouts (as I may be needed here for the Gibson Island AWTP project).

The upshot of this is that there's more time to smack you all up, presuming I'm in the state happy.gif

Oh and I'm sigging your comments Brad biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bajau
post Nov 15 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,051

QUOTE(Borzag @ Nov 15 2007, 04:24 PM) *

Oh and I'm sigging your comments Brad biggrin.gif

Cool...Do I get royalities??

Bugger...you could have at least fixed my typo - which/with armata_PDT_11.gif

B.

--------------------
Qld Northern Knights Inc. - - - - - - -

Bloodbowl Games Won: Some / Bloodbowl Games Lost: Some / Bloodbowl Trash Shovelled: SH!TLOADS!!!!

QUOTE(knockout @ Jun 7 2011, 05:14 PM) *
If I tell you a dice has six sides... check the dice, then check the rulebook. Don't believe me cause I'm known the be full of it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 11:24 PM