Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2250 Khorne list
Smurf
post Sep 20 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,526

Hi all, was just messing around with the Demon army book as I am considering a demons army second army. I figured they will be very different from my normal Skaven horde (I cant handle painting teeth on another 300 figures)

Anyway I was just doing this list based around the figures i like the most.

However being a cowardly skaven at heart I have no idea how this list would play and even if it would be effective or cheesy so any advice is welcome.

Sooooooo

For Khorne I was thinking

Thirster with awesome strength collar of khorne 540 pts

Skull Taker on Jugger - 200 pts

Herald with Obsidian armour on jugger BSB with great banner of sundering - 275 pts

2 x Blood Crushers / Musician and Standard (Skull Taker goes here) - 170 pts

2 x Blood Crushers / Musician and Standard (Herald Goes here) - 170 pts

5 x hounds - 175 pts

5 x hounds - 175 pts

20 x letters with full command - 270 pts

20 x letters with full command - 270 pts

Total 2245 pts

With just 57 figures it would be a nice change (and they wouldn't be brown... hurrah rolleyes.gif )

Anyway just an idea I was after feedback on really.

Cheers in advance

Oops noticed a mistake so a quick edit

Splitting one unit of 20 into 2 units of 10 bloodletters and loose the command. Use the pts saved from this command and remove the musician from both Bloodcrusher Units to give the Standard Bearer of each Bloodcrusher unit either the banner that adds d6 inches to charge range or one that lets you always march

This post has been edited by Smurf: Sep 20 2008, 02:53 PM

--------------------
Hutch
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Sep 21 2008, 07:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 306

Lose the special character.

Take heralds on Juggers in Bloodletters to give the hatred, let the crushers live on thier own.

People don't like thirsters. but this one would be better than others running around.

--------------------
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But its still on the list.

Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have thier shoes.
+Quote Post
Smurf
post Sep 21 2008, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Thanks,

Like I say its a total different army to what I normally play. So I am pretty clueless really.

Is it just Bloodthirsters that people dont like or is it all the Greater Daemons?
To me, and I am probably wrong, it seems like the Keeper of secrets is a very strong Demon in close combat. Being able to strike first and all that. But like i said i have this terrible habbit of getting things wrong so it could well be that the Keeper is the weakest option smile.gif

Anyway I digress, I just wanted to field a mono god list and like the idea of playing the attacker. (I play my skaven like a craven coward because I panic about things getting behind my lines, I have no idea why I have this irrational fear.)

smile.gif

--------------------
Hutch
+Quote Post
Gobsmak
post Sep 21 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438

The list is presently illegal IIRC with only 2 core choices of the bloodletters at 2250 points instead of 3 core choices.

Agree with Stallandor: lose the special character.

Thirster lists are horrible. All greater daemon lists are, but thirster led armies are more so. However your thirster is slightly better to face off against than the reroll one. Although he'll be killing whatever he hits with strength 10 and there will be no saves even with -7 armor save, still horribly good though. You also have 2 jugger units both with a herald or you could run the heralds with the hounds, so it is also horrible there.

Even making this list legal and losing the special character (and even losing the blood thirster for more core, a 3rd herald, more hounds and juggers) it would still be an absolute powerhouse list and one that I would not want to face. You'll probably end up smashing opponents by so much with this that you'd quickly get bored with it.

But I can see the point of doing it from a model count perspective and from a powergaming perspective, with the arms race going on and everyone upping ante to deal with vamps and daemons, so go for it. But I'd zero comp this.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
Smurf
post Sep 21 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Gobsmak @ Sep 21 2008, 09:24 AM) *

The list is presently illegal IIRC with only 2 core choices of the bloodletters at 2250 points instead of 3 core choices.

Agree with Stallandor: lose the special character.

Thirster lists are horrible. All greater daemon lists are, but thirster led armies are more so. However your thirster is slightly better to face off against than the reroll one. Although he'll be killing whatever he hits with strength 10 and there will be no saves even with -7 armor save, still horribly good though. You also have 2 jugger units both with a herald or you could run the heralds with the hounds, so it is also horrible there.

Even making this list legal and losing the special character (and even losing the blood thirster for more core, a 3rd herald, more hounds and juggers) it would still be an absolute powerhouse list and one that I would not want to face. You'll probably end up smashing opponents by so much with this that you'd quickly get bored with it.

But I can see the point of doing it from a model count perspective and from a powergaming perspective, with the arms race going on and everyone upping ante to deal with vamps and daemons, so go for it. But I'd zero comp this.

Good luck.

Ok thanks.

Just the kind of feedback I am after really. Honest views.

So the golden Question would be how do I make it less Powergamey? To be honest I dont really play much warhammer. The games I tend to play are based more on creating a good story rather then playing to win. So there was no intent to make a stinker of a list.
Basically I love the idea of Mono god lists and like the Jugger figures.
Any suggestions on how to make it still follow a theme of Khorne but without earning me a slap side the head? armata_PDT_01.gif

--------------------
Hutch
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Sep 22 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Khorne listn without face slapping?

Simple. Take 3 Heralds of Khorne on Juggers.
These things as heros are better than almost every Lord running around. Taking 3 units of blood letters for them to live in, and the bloodletters are awesome as well.
However - for a REALLY good comp score, take a Deamon Prince and 2 Khorne Heralds. plus the extras.
By leaving a character slot, and leaving the BT at home, you have a list that has consessions, but don't kid yourself, the rest of the khorne units are still ridiculously strong.

--------------------

Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have thier shoes.
+Quote Post
Gobsmak
post Sep 22 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Sep 22 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Khorne list without face slapping?

Simple. Take 3 Heralds of Khorne on Juggers.
These things as heros are better than almost every Lord running around. Taking 3 units of blood letters for them to live in, and the bloodletters are awesome as well.
However - for a REALLY good comp score, take a Deamon Prince and 2 Khorne Heralds. plus the extras.
By leaving a character slot, and leaving the BT at home, you have a list that has consessions, but don't kid yourself, the rest of the khorne units are still ridiculously strong.

Exactly. The strength 7 herald with flaming sword is fantastic. As is the no magic weapon armor one. Bloodletters are just awesome with hatred and killing blow instead of good old frenzy. Fleshhounds are amazing for their points, with movement 8, 2 wounds and strength 5 attacks. I can't get over how good they are for their points. Juggers are a great linebreaker. So you can still make a powerful list without the blood thirster.

No doubt the blood thirster would be fun to use but you'd have to have a number of 'concessions' somewhere else in your list, like no other characters or just a herald BSB, 3 big blocks of infantry only 1 or maybe 2 unit of fleshhounds, only 1 unit of juggers and you might get away with it in terms of comp. Still probably get average scores though.

So maybe try making a list with the blood thirster as the only character and see what you can come up with? Or as Stallandor suggests a 3 herald list or maybe try the prince and 2 heralds? Stallandor reckons the khorne heralds are better than most lord choices, and I'd have to agree with this. Where is lonehunter when you need him?!

Good luck.

This post has been edited by Gobsmak: Sep 22 2008, 09:14 AM
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Sep 22 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #8

Gobsmak - my New lonehunter! biggrin.gif

A Bloodthirster as the ONLY character, I could prob live with I agree. Otherwise, he don't enter.
Don't obey your thirst(er) - its not the Soft (drink) option.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gobsmak
post Sep 22 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Sep 22 2008, 10:44 AM) *

Gobsmak - my New lonehunter! biggrin.gif

A Bloodthirster as the ONLY character, I could prob live with I agree. Otherwise, he don't enter.
Don't obey your thirst(er) - its not the Soft (drink) option.

Yay! I suppose Dave is off on the Ji-Dave so too busy to find time to agree... tongue.gif

How about this option for a build with the blood thirster?

The Bloody Lord's Legion

Lord

Blood Thirster, Awesome Strength, Collar of Khorne - 540 points

Core

20 Bloodletters, Full Command - 270 points

Special

6 Fleshhounds - 210 points

2250 points on the nose
99 models
8 deployments

To me this still looks insanely strong as an army, but also has big concessions and a clear cut theme.

Thoughts from Stallandor and Smurf and anyone really?

This post has been edited by Gobsmak: Sep 22 2008, 12:52 PM
+Quote Post
linningcafro
post Sep 22 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #10

Group: Banned
Member No.: 540

lol.. yeah but sooo boring..

--------------------
President of the Fine Cheese Club
Think different, think afro cheese
"Cheese it!" - Bender

"From the fine attacking style fo italian soccer to northern hemisphere rugby now we have the nil all draw in warhammer
Do the europeans have to introduce pure boredom into every single competitive field they enter???" - murishido.. Aug 12 2008
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Sep 22 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #11

The plan would be, how do you say, straightforward...

Just thinking, for the sake of variety

Trimming the units to 18 (deployed 6x3) and taking 2 units of fleshies to get some blood chrushers, might be alittle more variety - and still would not be comp hit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smurf
post Sep 22 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #12

Mmmm I think I will go back and have a re-think. If I can get 2 decent but different forces planned, Probably at 2000 pts with a seperate 250 pts that can be added. I have no problems dropping the Thirster as the model is not my favourite and if I was to go with a thirster it would have to be the forge world one. So dropping him altogether not only saves some comp but also some cash. My favourite looking models are the Juggers so I will have to have a unit or two of those. Possibly cutting down to 2 Heralds so I can have maybe 3 decent sized blocks of B/letters. ?

I dunno just tossing some options and ideas as I do the finishing stages to my Skaven army.

--------------------
Hutch
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:03 AM