Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Alkemy] Aurlok Nation
tenabrae
post Dec 11 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Bad Trader
Member No.: 26

Because I should really be prepping more Space WOlves for Arcanacon I am starting an Aurlock modelling diary. After having a game with Ben at the Battle Bunker recently borrowing his Aurloks I'm happy that the game is pretty good, and that the Aurlok models are decent in the flesh.

Community advice - Plastic glue apparently doesn't work on these models... superglue works fine.

I have to admit I haven't taken the time to read expanded the Alkemy background yet (just what's in the mini rulebook) so I don't have a clever name for my little army yet biggrin.gif

My plan I think is to do a mainly Crow force with some Aurochs for heavy hitting. I'm a bit of a completionist though so i'll probably buy everything... a nice thing about alchemy seems to be that most of the units seem useful so having a bunch of spare models means you can run a second army, rather than having to share a couple of core units between forces.

Crow
The crow warriors are pretty stock, a little bit of GS here and there to fill gaps.
IPB Image

Toad
The toads are stock like the crows.
IPB Image

Wolf
I don't think the wolf models look particularly wolfy... or even particularly canine at that. I've added a bit of jowly fur but it still doesn't cut the mustard. As I don't want to turn this into a huge conversion project I'm just going to have to live with them I think.
IPB Image

Aurochs
Oddly, only one of the Auroch models has horns. I wasn't happy with this particularly as they look quite froggy without. I've added backswept horns to the pair that didn't have any.
IPB Image

Also, a random bug I photographed at the zoo last weekend.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by tenabrae: Dec 11 2009, 02:30 PM

--------------------
|[TENABRAE]|40k|[Hive Fleet Dryad]|[Feral Angels]|infinity|[Yu Jing]|alkemy|[Aurlock Nation]|
Other Projects||[Foam Building Templates]||My Leatherwork||LeatherWok
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tyra_Nid
post Dec 11 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Not Insulting You
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran I
Member No.: 3,092

Excellent to see a non-Jade diary popping up tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Dec 3 2014, 04:13 PM) *

I'm going to break with tradition and have some useful advice.
+Quote Post
Knight_of_Sanguinius
post Dec 12 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Clay Eater

Group: Veteran Members
From: Westsieeda! Victoria. Was, Canada Montreal, West Island!!!!
Member No.: 138

Cool, I like the addition of the horns. And welcome to Alkemy. smile.gif
+Quote Post
tenabrae
post Dec 13 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #4

I spent yesterday afternoon down at the battle bunker in Northcote painting with Viv (the owner). I got a solid 6-odd hours in and my models are now well on their way. With a bit of hustle they should be fully done for games at the BB next sunday.

Viv's trying to get social saturday painting going on, and though yesterday there was only the two of us, it was a good afternoon... listening to the guys behind us playing warmachine was hilarious, they reminded me so much of the way I used to wargame when I was younger (all fun and games at the start rapidly building to serious business toward the middle of the game).

Crow
I'm not sure what i'm going to do with the clothes on the crow... which is kinda important since I want to do a crow-heavy force.
IPB Image

Toad
I had wanted to do poison frog patterns on the toads but it turns out I couldn't be bothered. The models looked really chalky after the light drybrush so Viv lent me a green glaze he had... worked nicely... I'd never used a glaze before, it really evens out the colours.
IPB Image

Aurochs
The Aurochs came up nicely, the drybrush gave them a nice clay look which I think has made a nive contrast with the swamp brown clothing.
IPB Image

I need to start the bases for these guys so I can base em up and varnish them once I finish the paint jobs (currently they're just blu-tacked into their bases). I picked up some glass coat from bunnings the other day so I can try my first attempt at water bases (for the toads). The Aurochs will be plains style bases (I might use some of the resin bases I cast for my space wolveS) and the crow will have more rocky bases (hills).

This post has been edited by tenabrae: Dec 13 2009, 09:35 AM

--------------------
|[TENABRAE]|40k|[Hive Fleet Dryad]|[Feral Angels]|infinity|[Yu Jing]|alkemy|[Aurlock Nation]|
+Quote Post
tenabrae
post Dec 27 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Mini update.

Got colour on most of the models (i might strip the crows though im not happy with them being brown).

Nearly finished painting the bases prior to trying some water effects.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by tenabrae: Dec 27 2009, 10:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
cmdr_roy
post Dec 27 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #6

Pavè Accredited

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 101

Good work Mike, i guess i should get some more work done on mine....post ARC....
Good luck with the water effects, do it in thin layers if you can, i did some large areas thick 3 days ago, still not totally dry....

--------------------
Reuse Repurpose Recycle

If your having adventuring problems I feel sorry for you son,
I dodged 99 arrows but my knee got one.

Say hello to my little friend!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 06:14 PM