I thought Id kick off a feedback thread by outlining some things I liked about the event, and then some of those I didnt. Feel free to add your lists below:
- Having my hair blown back watching every person in the room gently bow their heads in respect to Mark McLaughlin. That set a massive shiver down my spine - you could hear a pin drop.
- How many full sports marks got given out (and zero bottom marks). This showed me you were all having a great time.
- The box of chocolates explosion during the raffle - we'll definitely have to do that next year (though I saw insurance dollars flash before my eyes each time Mike threw one!)
- The generosity of all players in buying drinks and raffle tickets - weve got something like $1100 or $1200 to give to clubs
- Seeing how many hands when up when I asked if players enjoyed the COLD mission
- Dan Attrill, Craig Laird and myself manhandling 70 tabletops 40m uphill up Burke Rd on Monday - that sucked massively, and I wont be doing that next year - we as a community have to come up with an answer to tabletops and terrain
- I wasnt a fan of being spread over two levels - going up and down constantly, blew chunks
- Having only two 40k players turn up to help set up on Friday. There was 126 of you, and only 2 could spare the time to help - was a bit disappointing.
- Putting the missions up for review, and still finding typos on the day... ARGGGHHHH!!!!!
- 126 players may be a few too many - we run MIF with a pretty skeleton crew (as compared to Arc), and only the completely unexpected arrival of two of my non-wargames friends saved us from being caught short on Saturday.
- Army lists were pretty damn average (not in terms of power) but in terms of how correct they were. The template instructions werent followed correctly, or points value were wrong, in close to 1/3 of lists submitted.
- Theme is very difficult to mark, and I dont think we did a very good job of it. Im not a huge fan of theme, and because it doesnt directly contribute to the game (and is so difficult to mark) we may scrap it next year.
Anyway, thats it for now - Im home sick today (have come down with a horrible cold), so if anything else comes up, I'll add it to my lists.