Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CENTURION - 1750pt Tournament, no comp, March 2011
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > QLD tournaments and conventions > Central/Northern Queensland Events
fester
IPB Image

The details are as follows, and the updated current version can always be found here: http://fester40k.blogspot.com/p/centurion-i.html
RSGA Link with Player List: http://rsga.forumup.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=3995

The PDF for this event is here

Overview:
CENTURION is Central Queensland's, and probably both Queensland and Australia's first dedicated no-comp tournament. This event will rank players on games won and lost, not battle points achieved. Winners play winners, until only one undefeated player remains. This person is the CENTURION. The CENTURION is the undisputed winner of the tournament, and takes the honour of being the undefeated player of the event. Defeated players are not relegated to obscurity however, as explained below.
Overview in short hand:
Game Size: 1750 points

Date: 5th and 6th March, 2011

Where: YWCA Hall, Rockhampton, QLD (off Robinson Street)

Entry Fee: $50 per person, includes lunch on both days, and standard dice provided for the event and for players to keep (36 x 12mm dice each)

If you are interested, and I don't appear to have responded here, please email me @ retsef@gmail.com
nurgle_49
sounds like fun
put me down
raven0470
Road trip anyone???? biggrin.gif
Neal
sounds like it could be a blast
fester
@nurgle_49
Schweet! I will be emailing the mods to get me a subforum, here hopefully, and will get your nick added to the list. When I get the payment info up soonish I will start asking for real names to go along with it.

@Neal
I am hoping it will be smile.gif

If nothing else, it will be a completely different type of event to what people play in.
No restrictions on lists means that people can run what they want without fear of being "that cheese lord guy". Saying that, I will wager that the person who wins wont be running 20 TH/SS Termies, but a well rounded balanced army, with a bit of everything.

@raven0470
I was actually going to send you a personal invite. I would love both you and Dave to come along, and any of the super-competitive guys from QM1/2/3/4 smile.gif I would really like to see Stacey Dennis (i think that the guy), as this is the kind of event where he could shine biggrin.gif
Us Rocky boys had a ball @ QM3 and I want to use(steal) some of your ideas / etc in the running of my event.
Loriness
OMG, I have to put money where my mouth is and join up.

I wish you would have been in Sydney. biggrin.gif
fester
Could I please ask a Mod to shift this to the Central Qld Events sub forum?
Loriness
Just a quick one. For all the interstate people who wants to fly out on Sunday to Sydney and Melbourne, it looks like 5pm (for Melbourne) or 5:30pm (for Sydney) is the last flight.

Just need to know how the tournament games will be managed before I start booking flights.
fester
That's not too hard to answer.

We have to be out of the venue BY 4.30pm.

Sunday will be dice down around 3pm hopefully smile.gif
fester
Payment details added:

Payment Details:
Account holder Matt Davis
BSB 062-692
Account number 1228 0579
Please put your full, human, non-nick name as the payment description.
Rargh
moved at OP request

R
fester
Mission Pack has been updated.

http://fester40k.blogspot.com/p/centurion-missions.html

Please read and comment!
Kirby
You can't comment on a blog page silly tongue.gif.

Link the discussion ^^.
J.McGowan
its cheaper and less painfull to fly up there so i'll be comming,

besides who wants to spend 6+ hours in a car with raven or trigger anyway
fester
Yay! Another awesome player that I hoped would turn up smile.gif

As a side note J.M, when I came to QM3 i sent my army in a car and flew, found that was easier than flying.
Saying that, I am sure you are no stranger to jetsetting for 40k smile.gif
raven0470
QUOTE(fester @ Sep 10 2010, 08:09 PM) *

Yay! Another awesome player that I hoped would turn up smile.gif

Don't say that, he's already got a fat head any bigger and he'll have to go in the luggage compartment of the plane! tongue.gif
fester
Don't you complain Rob. You were gunna get a personal invite and your are getting special treatment remember...

For those not with the program, special treatment just means that I am rigging his draw to make sure he loses first round.
raven0470
Yea I heard free bad and breakfast!! didn't tell me I had to share my bed with Rob Logan's Dogs and their food as well armata_PDT_05.gif Some special treatment that is tongue.gif
fester
Just a bump to let people know we have 6 missions up for playtesting, and this event is still 100% going to happen.

We are getting interest from as far as, and I kid you not, Wales.

That's not N.S.Wales, thats Wales, next to England.

Kirby
You're welcome! tongue.gif
fester
Oh yeah, you need to do a shout-out for me @ QM4 Mr Rob.

And thanks for free bump K wink.gif
trigger happy
I'd better stick my name down for this, seems to be filling up fast. David Fleming.

looking forward to taking the comp mits off and breaking out the knuckle dusters. armata_PDT_36.gif
fester
I am looking forward to seeing what people bring, and more importantly, how they behave when there's no Sports and Comp scoring to 'keep them in line'
Skell
QUOTE(fester @ Dec 2 2010, 09:07 PM) *

I am looking forward to seeing what people bring, and more importantly, how they behave when there's no Sports and Comp scoring to 'keep them in line'

You will find 98% of the time having no sports will not change how a player plays the game, or how fun it is for both players. Poor sports will always be poor sports regardless.
Kirby
QUOTE(fester @ Nov 22 2010, 11:37 PM) *

Oh yeah, you need to do a shout-out for me @ QM4 Mr Rob.

And thanks for free bump K wink.gif

That's okay; I'm a "sponsor" right? lol

Agree with Skell regarding Sports though.
fester
Just got word that Dave from CSNS (http://crewshakennotstirred.blogspot.com/2...y-3-fester.html) is donating a bottle of good quality whiskey for the TO (me!) and the top ranking 18+ player!

Gotta love the internets.

Also, he did a ####tail just for me, see the link above.
Dave is in Scotland, and one of the scottish attendees is personally delivering them to the event. How cool is that!
fester
A friendly reminder that lists and money are due at the end of this month (January).

Also, please let me know if you mind your list being post-published in online discussions.

Mr Harvatt - I will be chatting to you in the next not-so-long about your road trip up too smile.gif
fester
Bump, Payment due end of this month (QM1 is stealing focus, dang you!)

I will have the finalised PDF for download and linked here in the next day or 2.

In-development versions available on fester40k.blogspot.com
fester
OP Updated with PDF Link

fester
Reminder, there is 7 1/4 days left to pay/list submit.

I will be PM'ing those WGAU people who haven't got back to me on the 30th.
If you have decided to give in, let me know ASAP please.
fester
Due to circumstances out of my control, the player limit has been dropped to 42ish. This means that we only have 8 spaces left, so if you are thinking about it and haven't made up your mind, you better hop to it.

Also, to secure your spot, payment is due on the 31st Jan

Oh, and I just ordered the following for prizes for Centurion.
Wonder if it's enough from FW
VOID DRAGON PHOENIX
TAU BATTLESUIT COMMANDER SHAS'O R'ALAI WITH DRONES
KHORNE BLOOD SLAUGHTERER
TYBEROS THE RED WAKE
LUGFT HURON CHAPTER MASTER OF THE ASTRAL CLAWS
RAVEN GUARD SHADOW CAPTAIN KORVYDAE
KHORNE WORLD EATERS TERMINATOR LORD ZHUFOR
Kirby
Commander O'Rly?

Seriously? I are the disappoint.

Nice prize list though!
J.McGowan
so not much time left now, ive booked my flights and working on accomadation,

looks like im flying solo on this one but really looking forward comming up and seeing you guys.

how is everyone going in the playtest department,

i havent even assembled my list yet but hopefully getting a couple this comming week
fester
Most of the locals are playing the missions, with a few notable exceptions who are saying things like "I will work them out on the day" ... he will no doubt be the biggest whinger of the lot lol.

J., suggest you get those models together and playing ASAP, as the thought processes for the missions are a steep learning curve, and not something you want to be dealing with Day 1 Game 1 @ Cent.

Glad to hear you are still coming too btw
J.McGowan
lol and i was just going to wing it, got half way through reading them and gave up due to not understanding them armata_PDT_04.gif

will have to look into it then
fester
QUOTE(J.McGowan @ Feb 16 2011, 09:49 PM) *

lol and i was just going to wing it, got half way through reading them and gave up due to not understanding them armata_PDT_04.gif

will have to look into it then

They are pretty easy by themselves, but when they are tied together take a bit of thought smile.gif

I will be doing a "cheat sheet" for how to play a Cent game to go in the on-the-day handouts
fester
The crazy scot who is coming to Centurion wants to do a social Dark Heresy RPG session on the Friday night if people are interested.
http://kavzar.blogspot.com/2011/02/some-dark-heresy.html

Details in the link
Kirby
If he survives the plane ride with me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.