Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There is going to be more than one 40K TWAT?
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > TWAT
GreenMonkey
Is what I hear true? What prompted this madness... laugh.gif

thatirwinfella
i've got a little bit that's unpainted. Blame steve for that.

Don't tell anyone though... It's embarrasing.
richyde123
Who What When...no......40k..never
Psycosm
I have some tyranids in my garage, but that's only because they were given to me I swear tongue.gif

I plan on upgrading them to a decent size force ine day but there's so much that takes up my time and money before them.
GreenMonkey
Sedgey and Pip are showing some interest... lol... Knee jurk reaction to new 8th edition rules surely...
Paulus
Yeah chris traded his SM for orks. armata_PDT_05.gif Lol. Even though he's said he doesn't think Wh is as tactical as it was before, i'm not sure how going over to a even less tactial game is the answer. But there are a few of us sort of interested, but then we've been interested for quite a few years but just cbf. Lol.
Mouseketeer
What is going on??!! I leave for the Gold Coast for less than a full week and the world turns all crazy like??!

Mouse
GreenMonkey
lol @ mouse

I actually got really excited about 8th ed.... then you guys decided to switch camps and join the dark side!

OK I'll play along.
Mouseketeer
Ha!

Man 8th is fun.. but it's roll dice and watch sh1t go down fun.. rather than outplay your opponent to the nth degree fun..

Gots to get some more games under my belt.. but will be curious to see how tempting the dark side is..

All I can say is MOOOOOORRRRRDDDHHHEEEEIIIMMMM!!

Also Necromunda and BloodBowl..

Mouse.
GreenMonkey
I am also keen
Psycosm
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Aug 15 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Ha!

Man 8th is fun.. but it's roll dice and watch sh1t go down fun.. rather than outplay your opponent to the nth degree fun..

Gots to get some more games under my belt.. but will be curious to see how tempting the dark side is..

Mouse.

I started working on my necro stuff again this weekend, so at this rate we'll have a really nice table to play on in 2025!
richyde123
QUOTE(Psycosm @ Aug 16 2010, 08:24 AM) *

I started working on my necro stuff again this weekend, so at this rate we'll have a really nice table to play on in 2025!

he speaks the truth its only been what 2yrs since starting the table...lol
Paulus
I'm still enjoying 8th ed, but i've always liked the 40k universe and have always been interested in starting a army, i just never had anyone around me also interested in it. smile.gif
richyde123
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Aug 15 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Ha!

Mouse.

Not so keen for the 40k but all the above...hell yeah
Mouseketeer
Well the talk today could see a dabbling in the 40kays..

Scary stuff.

Mouse
richyde123
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Aug 16 2010, 11:22 AM) *

Well the talk today could see a dabbling in the 40kays..

Scary stuff.

Mouse

Man thats more armies, rule books, painting
GreenMonkey
...but you need less painting, minis and time for 40kays.
Paulus
I'm all for less minis and spending less $$ Lol.

But we're also thinking of expanding the 40k experience into epic 40k, BFG and necromunda too, for, as phil put it, epic for plantery battles, 40k for strategic battles, necro for sabotage/spying missions and BFG for planetrey blockades and what not and roll them all into a campaign of sorts. Sounds fun to me! smile.gif
richyde123
All right Im in....now where to start...i have no clue about 40k or its races....whats a good army to start of with what sort of point level are we talking?
Orgz
I'll chime in.

Easiest armies to play:

Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines
Orks
Carpark or Luftwaffe Imperial Guard

Easiest armies to paint:

Eldar
Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines
Taus
Tyranids

Worst armies:

Taus and Krüts
Sisters
Necrons

Best to start off going for 1200 points. That's a reasonable points for a smallish game. 1500 is standard tournament size and 1750 is tournament size plus toys.

I'd suggest space marines - coolest models, easy to paint, very easy to play and plenty of completely different builds. If you want something broken then go Orks tongue.gif

edit: corrected spelling of Taus and Krüts.
richyde123
was just looking at the space marine range...like the look of space wolves......but yeah i think ill go with the marines over the others
Orgz
Happy to help any TWATS with build types and model kitout for any particular army if you want.
thatirwinfella
there's no use us all starting... There's enough twats playing 40k already. Besides, i lose enough games without doing it in another game system
Mouseketeer
Well, Pip's been painting dark eldar, Paulie's been chucking lists around all arvo, I've been annoying 40kayers I know.. wheels are in motion..

Scary.

Mouse
GreenMonkey
40kays FTW!!!!

Orgz... you spelt Taus wrong and you didn't mention Krut. Poor form.
Orgz
My bad. Taus and Krüts suck.

Jordy, you've gotta get your Fists painted you slack b@stard.
GreenMonkey
Refer to my title
Advocate
The dark side of the force is strong in these ones. Give in to your hate, and Togethaah we shall rule the grimdark.
Mouseketeer
It starts...

I just wanted to airbrush some tanks...

Mouse
GreenMonkey
What about using a Stank as a Rhino Mouse?
Mouseketeer
Nah - I like the eldar tanks too much.. wink.gif
Orgz
The old metal STank in a sock is a good flail.
sedgey
ORKZ IZ DA BIGGEST AN DA STRONGEST!!! lol

Glad I got offered a trade, love the models and now am taking filth... Oops... My bad... wink.gif

Truth is, after a couple of games of 8th, I'm not really feeling the love... Just reminds me of the "take the p1ss" battle report Deno etc did in the 40k forums... Except instead of random missile, insert "Purple Sun"

Am thinking of running an ULTIMATE GAMER CHALLENGE for the TWATs in 2011, so watch this space, and start getting a BB team, 40k force, and a Mordheim warband together... Also keen to hear any other suggestions too for what to add to the list wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey
deadfox
May I enquire as to what makes Necron's pants? I kinda like the look of the models...
Orgz
Necrons are expensive and suck badly in combat. They struggle hard against fast moving armies. They can dish out a lot of firepower but if you're gonna spend points on the big stuff, then it's easy for your opponent to target your grunts to make you phase out.

Sedgey: filth. What are you running in your army?
sedgey
PM of list sent wink.gif Can't have all these lads knowing what i've learnt after an hour of reading forums... lol... Don't think it's filth, but only planning up to 1k, there is a lot of room for filth in the future wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey
deadfox
Hmm, back to browsing the G-dub site then. I was into the idea of laser wielding skeletons.

Also, I totally agree with what you said Sedgey. Not enjoying 8th, keen to try new things. Mordheim and BloodBowl looking good to me, small army and we can bash out a hell of a lot of games in a day. I could be convinced to look into this 40k stuff too..

(PS: would it be cheating if i started painting my warband in 2010?)
sedgey
Hell No... Go nuts and paint away buddy! Hell, here's my 1st 40k ork... It's one i got free with a WD back in the day, so i thought i'd have a crack wink.gif

IPB Image

Cheers,
Sedgey
hainzy
QUOTE(sedgey @ Aug 17 2010, 07:26 PM) *

PM of list sent wink.gif Can't have all these lads knowing what i've learnt after an hour of reading forums... lol...

Cheers,
Sedgey

You pussy....

Pip. armata_PDT_05.gif
Orgz
Pip: It's solid... At 1k it might scrape a 3/5
sedgey
Hey Pip...

Scared already mate? Just cos i woop you all up and down the WHFB scene, doesn't mean we're not on level playing grounds now mate! *EDIT* Got rid of the "lol" cos i realised I wasn't joking!

Cheers,
Sedgey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.