Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TWAT at Geelong Heresy
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > TWAT
Orgz
Hey blokes.

I know I'm not a TWAT, but have been playing with a few of you for quite a number of years so I think that gives me permission to post in here tongue.gif

Seeing as though the 40k bug has hit you guys in a big way, what better motivation for you to get your armies done than to sign yourselves up for Geelong Heresy - arguably the best beerhammer event on the Victorian tournament calendar. It's 1200 points and in December at the Preston Hotel (or whatever it'll be called by then).

I'll be keen to see what interest this generates among you blokes and to see if the WHFB players are correct in thinking that they can walk straight into podiums at 40k events.

Expect considerable sports, comp and painting percentages in the points breakdowns.

...and you'll have to get past WSWA in the process... The current 40k royalty. The gauntlet has been thrown wink.gif

- Orgz
Mouseketeer
WSWA??
What kinda acronym is that??

That doesn't spell anything witty or reference any part of the female anatomy...

Will get a couple of games in and see how I go.. between collecting / painting / and learning a new system (as well as 8th) I'm not making promises yet..

Interest piked.. but not committing..

Mouse
Welsh Rarebit
It's easier to type 'wswa' than it is to write:

1st Chris Milligan - wswa
2nd Adam Trpcevski -wswa
3rd Chris Stalker - wswa

40k Royalty beotches......and we are awesome at smashing twat, even if it stinks. wink.gif
sedgey
Also interest piked... Is there a best Noob prize at the event... Cos i'll need to know if that's veto'd with a podium finish... Cos if i can't win 2 prizes, i'll prob give it a miss wink.gif

Just Kidding! I'll be having some games and seeing what the go is, but is a definite possibility... Only cos it's in Geelong and at a licensed venue wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(Welsh Rarebit @ Aug 18 2010, 12:53 PM) *

It's easier to type 'wswa' than it is to write:

1st Chris Milligan - wswa
2nd Adam Trpcevski -wswa
3rd Chris Stalker - wswa
40k Royalty beotches......and we are awesome at smashing twat, even if it stinks. wink.gif

I don't know who these people are - and I still don't know what a wswa is.. but I sure hope you guys can drink...

Mouse
Orgz
WSWA drink and take chairs to the face tongue.gif
GreenMonkey
But doesn't play Beerball.

Need to introduce WSWA to Beerball
sedgey
Hehehehe... The All 6s thought they could drink, but we broke them in beerball too... Hehehehe... If the club likes the game, it might beon the cards...

Oh, WSWA seems to be a gaming club Mouse... :S Terrible club name tho... Not an akronym at all!

Cheers,
Sedgey
Paulus
Ooooo, so we have a rivalry with another club that plays 40k and most of us dont even have a army yet! Lol.

But the tourney sounds interesting. I'm aiming for 1200pts for my starting force so thats good. And i got a SM army in a trade last night, they're just not painted the write colour, so hopefully i can strip them and repaint them by this tourney.
Orgz
Sedgey: I dare you to challenge damnitsham (Heresy TO) to drinking... I dare you

Paulus: Airbrush, wash and transfers dude... Best way to paint marines tongue.gif
sedgey
Just for the record, I'm not saying I'm the best drinker, I can hold my own for the most part tho... We've got Richy to accept drinking challenges on behalf of the club, just no more funneling 1/2 a bottle of jack straight anymore! wink.gif But our club can drink pretty hard... As a team, I'd say not many clubs would be able to keep up...

It's all about the club, not the individual!

Cheers,
Sedgey
richyde123
ill take that challenge...whats the poison........and yeah sedgey no more beer bongs with jack for me.
deadfox
I'm happy to go with no more beer bongs period
Paulus
QUOTE(organboy @ Aug 19 2010, 12:17 PM) *

Sedgey: I dare you to challenge damnitsham (Heresy TO) to drinking... I dare you

Paulus: Airbrush, wash and transfers dude... Best way to paint marines tongue.gif

Not looking to speed paint the marines, they're my project of love atm. Lol.
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(Paulus @ Aug 19 2010, 09:32 AM) *

Ooooo, so we have a rivalry with another club that plays 40k and most of us dont even have a army yet! Lol.

But the tourney sounds interesting. I'm aiming for 1200pts for my starting force so thats good. And i got a SM army in a trade last night, they're just not painted the write colour, so hopefully i can strip them and repaint them by this tourney.

Yeah - now we know how 40k royalty are made.. pick on the noobs...

You know I will..

He decided to paint them yellow..

QUOTE(sedgey @ Aug 19 2010, 12:52 PM) *

Just for the record, I'm not saying I'm the best drinker, I can hold my own for the most part tho... We've got Richy to accept drinking challenges on behalf of the club, just no more funneling 1/2 a bottle of jack straight anymore! wink.gif But our club can drink pretty hard... As a team, I'd say not many clubs would be able to keep up...

It's all about the club, not the individual!

Cheers,
Sedgey

You'd do ok Sedgey - don't back down soo easy.. We'll introduce em to beerball and see how they really man up.

QUOTE(richyde123 @ Aug 19 2010, 01:54 PM) *

ill take that challenge...whats the poison........and yeah sedgey no more beer bongs with jack for me.

Pussy

QUOTE(deadfox @ Aug 19 2010, 01:55 PM) *

I'm happy to go with no more beer bongs period

Also pussy.

Mouse
Paulus
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Aug 19 2010, 02:00 PM) *

He decided to paint them yellow..

Mouse

Lol. I have to challenge myself too! smile.gif
Mouseketeer
I'm a fan dude.. go hard!
Orgz
Yellow is great for airbrush/wash... One of the top players (I think the current #1 IIRC) uses a stealth-nasty Imperial Fists army done in that way and seems to take very high painting marks at tournaments.

Painting is worth quite a bit in 40k tournaments and the scores vary considerably - not the usual 20/20 for a full paintjob in WHFB.
GreenMonkey
"You don't like me... why don't you like me???..."
Lives Irae
I should be there, repping the MWM though. Look forward to seeing some true blue TWATs on the day.
Lives Irae

I KNEW IT
Orgz
QUOTE(Dies Irae @ Aug 19 2010, 06:53 PM) *

I KNEW IT

Care to elaborate?
Lives Irae
QUOTE(organboy @ Aug 19 2010, 07:37 PM) *

Care to elaborate?

I was conducting a social experiment in your forum. For Science you understand.

That's not to say I'm not going to Heresy, or that I don't look forward to seeing you there, because those things are true. it's just that I was leveraging my intention to post here to increase my posting efficiency.

This thread may provide some explanation.
Orgz
Ah. Fair enough.
GreenMonkey
Guys if you want to spam do it in someone elses forum please

Typical Monash?
Lives Irae
Fair enough.
Tyra_Nid
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Aug 19 2010, 08:04 PM) *

So its not the behaviour you object to, its the fact that its in your vicinity?

Reminds me of Sam.
GreenMonkey
Was waiting for you to chime in dude.

I don't think I have to point anything out my trolling friend. Your reputation precedes you.
Lives Irae
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Aug 19 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Typical Monash?

Honestly this isn't what I had in mind.

Luke: I think it's disingenuous to expect him to stand up for the interests of other club forums.
richyde123
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Aug 19 2010, 02:00 PM) *

Pussy

Mouse

Now i didnt say i wouldnt do beerbongs again just not a half a bottle of jack...and remember that was after drinking the first half of the bottle straight, also add a few cans of black dougs and then mixing beer as well
after all that i recon i still did pretty well concider i didnt chuck...just wanted to punch on .lol

Psycosm
Yeah talk it up, mouse was right, pussy.
waargh
those pigs are gonna blow your house down and then youre going to have to go underground and move to the next town.
Mouseketeer
Hmm.. I take it none of these guys saw the rage that was Friday night ConVic huh Richy.. Or Sat night Uprising..?? This would explain why they're still making inane comments...

I lol..

Mouse

richyde123
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Aug 20 2010, 10:35 AM) *

Hmm.. I take it none of these guys saw the rage that was Friday night ConVic huh Richy.. Or Sat night Uprising..?? This would explain why they're still making inane comments...

I lol..

Mouse

+1
hainzy
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Aug 19 2010, 04:21 PM) *

"You don't like me... why don't you like me???..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! armata_PDT_14.gif

Freakin Gold!

That was f*#king funny ####!!!\

Pip!
damnitsham

You rang?

QUOTE(richyde123 @ Aug 19 2010, 01:54 PM) *

You name the challenge, and I'll bring the pain wink.gif
GreenMonkey
I can pretty much give odds of $1.01 that Ritchy will win.
richyde123
QUOTE(damnitsham @ Aug 20 2010, 03:19 PM) *

You rang?
You name the challenge, and I'll bring the pain wink.gif

Jack Daniels straight shots with Millers beer chasers
Advocate
It all depends if either of you start in on the drinks before the challenge begins.
If you both start at nothing, 0.00, I'll give 'sham the advantage.

...ahem...

Some say his liver once shouted "This is Sparta!" on his 19th beer...
Some say he used to be Irish, but they kicked him out because he drank too much...
Some say that after winning a drinking game with Boris Yeltzin, he still owns the key to the city of Moskva...
We just call him,
Smitty.

Orgz
This is getting very e-peen. The only way to solve this is by a warm up sesh tongue.gif
Psycosm
My moneys on the man who can beer bong half a bottle of jack and still be standing (albeit belligerently tongue.gif ) for hours after!
damnitsham
QUOTE(organboy @ Aug 20 2010, 07:11 PM) *

This is getting very e-peen. The only way to solve this is by a warm up sesh tongue.gif

Sounds delicious, send me a PM and we can play biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.