Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bit of structure
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > TWAT
GreenMonkey
Hey guys,

Just throwing an idea out there (not that I'm necessarily advocating it), but given the increasing size of the TWATs is it worth putting some structure in place (i.e. having a Presedent/Secretary/Treasurer). Just seeing that there are more and more people that are keen to join the league of extraodinary TWATs and the increasing size of Rumble in the Bronx/TWAT Masters, it's probably a good idea to put a little bit of structure in place (be that putting nominations forward...etc).

Whilst there are some benefits in this, there is also some benefits in just having a group of mates getting together and playing some games and having some brews.

Thoughts?

Jordo
Mouseketeer
Here's the thing I think is kinda cool.. is that since we don't have club structure, then we can avoid some of the douchebags that can infiltrate the club scene..

So I'm kinda pushing for the idea that we can potentially invite mates.. if enough of us are keen on whoever it is.. I don't have an issue with an increase of TWATS.. But I really think we should pretty much all be mates..

So if there's mates that end up regularly gaming with us, then maybe look at offering a shirt.

If other existing TWATS think someone is a douchebag and shouldn't get a guernesy, that's something we'll have to consider as well.

Mouse
sedgey
And that's the story of why Mouse organise the club shirts wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey

P.S. (On topic) I have no opinion on the OP, but i do know i'm useless in a commitee situation... Just happy to be a TWAT...
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(sedgey @ Nov 14 2010, 09:13 PM) *

And that's the story of why Mouse organise the club shirts wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey

P.S. (On topic) I have no opinion on the OP, but i do know i'm useless in a commitee situation... Just happy to be a TWAT...

So I can invite whoever I like?? lol..

In all seriousness though.. I just like the idea of getting together with a bunch of lads who's missus' bake, drinking beer and rolling dice.. If we end up doing that with other guys that are also top blokes, then we can think about getting them a shirt..

Am keen on thoughts from all..

Mouse
GreenMonkey
I'm also liking that idea Mouse... just putting some ideas out there. If we decide to expand a bit It's a good idea I think to put a bit of structure in place.

mmm... missus' bake
richyde123
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Nov 14 2010, 10:32 PM) *

I'm also liking that idea Mouse... just putting some ideas out there. If we decide to expand a bit It's a good idea I think to put a bit of structure in place.

mmm... missus' bake

Totally agree..."Clubs" = Rules....
Twats = Mates + beers + Beer Bongs + textas (for mouse's forhead) and of course we cant leave out getting to pick on Todd...sharing rooms with men dressed in mankiny.and all the other shenanigans we Twats get up too.

and of course:

Greer's yummy slice's she bakes for Tourneys are a big +1 in my book
Mel's ham and cheese Toasties for brecky when the boys are over for games.
(EDIT): Sorry Sedgy....Yes and Candice's Yummy Slices

Please dont get me wrong I can see where ya coming from with the Structure thing..

But I think were all old and mature enough to say to another to pull ya head in if their getting out of line as such.....
Ya Gotta earn the shirt..i say.

anyway my 2c.

no offense to those mentioned above..well except for Mouse's love of certain things that have been printed clearly on his forhead...lol

Cheers Richy
hainzy
QUOTE(richyde123 @ Nov 15 2010, 02:21 PM) *

Twats = Mates + beers + Beer Bongs + textas (for mouse's forhead) and of course we cant leave out getting to pick on Todd...sharing rooms with men dressed in mankiny.and all the other shenanigans we Twats get up too.

and of course:

Greer's yummy slice's she bakes for Tourneys are a big +1 in my book
Mel's ham and cheese Toasties for brecky when the boys are over for games.
Please dont get me wrong I can see where ya coming from with the Structure thing..

But I think were all old and mature enough to say to another to pull ya head in if their getting out of line as such.....

anyway my 2c.

no offense to those mentioned above..well except for Mouse's love of certain things that have been printed clearly on his forhead...lol

Cheers Richy

I hereby nominate myself 'scribe of the annointed one's head'. All in favour say I... biggrin.gif

Richy, Greer has baked us treats in the past but I believe you're refering to Candice. Sedgy's squeeze...

But I will pass on the thanks!!

But I totally agree with your post mate. We are all adults (according to societies piont of view) so if there's anyone being a douche I think it's only fair that we let them know they are being a douche.

Pip. armata_PDT_05.gif
Paulus
QUOTE(richyde123 @ Nov 15 2010, 02:21 PM) *

Cheers Richy

+1

Well said Richy, i think we're going along fine as we are, there is usually pretty good communication and organisation between us all.
Hansel
I'm a big fan of the informal nature of the club.

That said I think the development of an official hazing procedure to determine the suitability of potential members could be developed... and then tested... on Josh. laugh.gif
Mouseketeer
I'm not sure he would survive that particular hazing...

Mouse
thatirwinfella
i like the relaxed nature of everything, but the idea of someone to represent us in an official capacity (in the extremely rare occasion it may be necessary) is good, and gives people who want to find out about the twats a place to start.
Paulus
QUOTE(thatirwinfella @ Nov 15 2010, 07:42 PM) *

i like the relaxed nature of everything, but the idea of someone to represent us in an official capacity (in the extremely rare occasion it may be necessary) is good, and gives people who want to find out about the twats a place to start.

I think all of us can do this. I really dont think we need just one person.
deadfox
I really don't see a problem in how we have it all running currently, but thats because there isn't a real lot we do officially. The only possible issue at the moment is Rumble funds being put into terrain building, but I'm sure we're all big enough to sort it out between ourselves.

Of course we could use this as a time to decide to make ourselves into more of a formal club, but I don't really think there would be a consensus towards it, nor a need for it in my opinion.
The Ugly Stick
If it comes to needing some sort of formal doohicky.... I vote for mouse to be in charge and cos i did this he has to be nice to me!
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(The Ugly Stick @ Nov 21 2010, 03:38 PM) *

If it comes to needing some sort of formal doohicky.... I vote for mouse to be in charge and cos i did this he has to be nice to me!

That's an error in judgement.. smile.gif

Mouse
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.