sedgey
EDIT: The Day before Rumble!!!
Contenders-
Sedgey - Dwarfs Completed
Andy - Beasts
Pete - Brets
Richy - Vamps Completed
Hannes - Empire Completed (apparently)
Jordy - High Elves (too bad mate, it's the only way you'll be motivated enough to finish wink.gif )
Steve - Wood Elves Completed and shoe in for best painted!
Phil C - Chaos Dwarfs Buying slabs

Dunno how Pete and Andy are doing... more updates should have been given, but i guess we'll see how we go tomorrow (or tonight if they are coming down...)

Cheers,
Sedgey

EDIT: 5 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Ok boys... With the TWAT Masters done and won, everyone is looking towards 2011 and what it'll entail... It is on that note I announce the bi-annual painting challenge... This is open to all players, not just official TWATs... The conditions-

1) Start and finish your 2k rumble list, beginning now and finishing for rumble weekend
2) IF you do NOT finish your army, you owe a slab to EVERYONE that finishes their army!!!
3) A post in this thread accepting the challenge means you accept the challenge as it is laid out, and you accept that other challenge contenders will give you stick for an extended period if you fail in the challenge...

Last challenge saw me being the only one to finish, and getting an epic 4 SLABS biggrin.gif for my effort & winning the "Best Unseen Army" prize, which will hopefully be run again to support the challenge... This will be the official "I'm in" thread... All progress on your armies can be posted up in the TWAT painting thread...

I'll be doing the dwarfs (again) giving me 4k of painted dwarfs once it's all done (and possibly any option i could wish to take in the future... I already own the figs, so as sad as it is, it won't contain any hammerers unless I buy some new ones...

Contenders-
Sedgey - Dwarfs
Andy - Beasts
Pete - Brets
Richy - Vamps
Hannes - Empire
Jordy - High Elves (too bad mate, it's the only way you'll be motivated enough to finish wink.gif )
Steve - Skaven Wood Elves
Phil C - Chaos Dwarfs

Man up and take the challenge! You know you own too many unpainted minis as it is wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey
The Ugly Stick
Im in for this painting challenge, with my brand spanking new army.... The Beastmen! Huzzah! just not sure what big gribbly i want...
Paulus
Since i have neither money or a unpainted army, i'm out. Lol. But chris, if you wish to 'give' me your brets, i'll be happy to enter the challenge and will use the army as the gumby army since i'm co to'ing this year and will add them to my collention after it. wink.gif
Thethingthatshouldntbe
Count me in. Good excuse to get some paint on my brets.

I wonder if Pip will enter and finally play something other than the Darkies...

Cheers,
Pete

Hansel
All will quake before my mighty Empire! Mwahahahahaha!

Looks like it's going to be a big field this year boys... I can taste that beer already tongue.gif
richyde123
Ok well since the Tks are 3/4 done that would be a bit of cheating thing to do.....
So i recon i can join the wagon and say ill do a:

unearthing the dead...Vamps

so count me in Boys

Richy
GreenMonkey
At risk of not knowing when I'll be returning from Europe next year, I won't risk entering... But I'll paint an army anyway
hainzy
QUOTE(Thethingthatshouldntbe @ Dec 13 2010, 11:13 PM) *

Count me in. Good excuse to get some paint on my brets.

I wonder if Pip will enter and finally play something other than the Darkies...

Cheers,
Pete

Hmm....

Na.....

Pip. armata_PDT_05.gif
Thethingthatshouldntbe
QUOTE(hainzy @ Dec 14 2010, 08:17 AM) *

Hmm....

Na.....

Pip. armata_PDT_05.gif

Boooo... tongue.gif

Cheers,
Pete
Orgz
I'm already about half finished my Rumble list with my rats so it wouldn't be fair for me to enter.

I've only got a BSB, an Engineer, 22 Stormvermin, 20 Clanrats, 5 unit fillers, 5 Jezzails, a Warplightning Cannon and a Doomwheel left.
GreenMonkey
QUOTE(Hansel @ Dec 14 2010, 12:22 AM) *

All will quake before my mighty Empire! Mwahahahahaha!

Looks like it's going to be a big field this year boys... I can taste that beer already tongue.gif

Painting an army means putting more than 3 colours on it Hannas... lol

Drybrushing it white doesn't count.
Paulus
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Dec 14 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Oh he goes over that white with a wash though......so thats two colours! Lol. smile.gif
Paulus
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Dec 14 2010, 08:47 AM) *

At risk of not knowing when I'll be returning from Europe next year, I won't risk entering... But I'll paint an army anyway

What army you ganna paint? We can use it as the gumby if you get it done in time and if we need one.
GreenMonkey
Will be the High Elves.

Yeah it was my intention to use it as the gumby army. Hopefully I can get it done by then, if not I'm sure it won't be an issue.
sedgey
Good start there boys! Am tempted to put Steve down for a half (aka, paint the half of his army left or buy some half slabs/ he only gets halfa from ppl that don't finish...) Also, it's a skaven army, so will still have to paint almost equal numbers to everyone else wink.gif Any objections?

Cheers,
Sedgey
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(hainzy @ Dec 14 2010, 09:17 AM) *

Hmm....

Na.....

Pip. armata_PDT_05.gif

Lame.

Mouse
GreenMonkey
I agree Pip... that's lame.

Why don't you just buy a High Elf army and paint them purple and black... just pretend they're Darkies.
sedgey
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Dec 14 2010, 12:22 PM) *

Lame.

Mouse

+1

I used to respect you Pip! (at least i think i did... It's been a while wink.gif )

Cheers,
Sedgey
Hansel
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Dec 14 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Still not over convic 09... boo hoo hoo laugh.gif

QUOTE(Paulus @ Dec 14 2010, 11:53 AM) *

Oh he goes over that white with a wash though......so thats two colours! Lol. smile.gif

Technically if I drybrush white over black and then wash it that's 3 colours biggrin.gif

But there will be no such shenanigans. It ain't gonna be GD standard, but they'll look mighty purrdy all ranked up and ready to rumble.
Hansel
QUOTE(sedgey @ Dec 14 2010, 12:20 PM) *

Good start there boys! Am tempted to put Steve down for a half (aka, paint the half of his army left or buy some half slabs/ he only gets halfa from ppl that don't finish...) Also, it's a skaven army, so will still have to paint almost equal numbers to everyone else wink.gif Any objections?

Cheers,
Sedgey

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.
Thethingthatshouldntbe
Good start there boys! Am tempted to put Steve down for a half (aka, paint the half of his army left or buy some half slabs/ he only gets halfa from ppl that don't finish...) Also, it's a skaven army, so will still have to paint almost equal numbers to everyone else Any objections?

Cheers,
Sedgey

No objections here!

Cheers,
Pete
thatirwinfella
tempted to do my CDs. How long left till rumble?
GreenMonkey
Like another 6 months....
sedgey
Done then, Steve is in for a halfa wink.gif

And Adam, still 6 months to go! Definitely worth getting onto it early! Great motivation to get the job done!!!

Cheers,
Sedgey
Orgz
How's everyone going with this?

My Rumble army is pretty much wholly assembled and about half painted. Put together my Screaming Bell last night - even though it's not in my Rumble list, it's gotten my motivation back up to get this stuff done. Will post pics up soon.
richyde123
QUOTE(organboy @ Jan 5 2011, 10:51 AM) *

How's everyone going with this?

My Rumble army is pretty much wholly assembled and about half painted. Put together my Screaming Bell last night - even though it's not in my Rumble list, it's gotten my motivation back up to get this stuff done. Will post pics up soon.

damn...well i looked at a box yesterday
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(richyde123 @ Jan 5 2011, 06:53 PM) *

damn...well i looked at a box yesterday

That what's left down there after the op buddy?? lol..

Mouse
sedgey
I have mine in the tub ready to start... I need to make 2 unit fillers but otherwise already own everything i need for it... Hoping to try and get the army based next weekend, and maybe undercoated, then make a start on painting by the end on Jan... There is a lot to do, but at least my army is assembled and ready to be painted... Have been slightly distracted by some 40k orks atm tho, so once assembly of them is done it'll be the stunties til Rumble...

Expect pics of unpainted stuff by the end of the month wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey
Hansel
Picked up the last of my stuff yesterday. Progress so far unitfiller and movement tray for my halberders finished biggrin.gif

This army is going to be epic!
thatirwinfella
oztrarlya day painting session anyone?
Orgz
I could be down for this. By the way, it's spelt Straya
richyde123
ordered my mournful knights yesterday to use as my blood knights......cant wait to get my hands on these bad boys me thinking i might try and go with something along the lines of this but also an unearthing theme as in coming out of the ground by moon light

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...191&start=0

Cheers Richy
Paulus
I'm so glad i'm TO'ing this year and dont have to enter the challenge! Cos even though i can paint armies fast, i very rarely get them done in time and i just know i'd be owing 4-5 slabs this time around! Lol.
punkskum
A newcomer friendly tournament in May in Geelong which you have to have 2k of armies painted for to enter?
Okey...will the GW overlords be involved? My figures aren't all original (I like it that way, go figure...but it does cut me out of "official tornaments")
Otherwise count me in for another Dwarf set. And to guarantee I'm actually in the spirit my army currently doesn't have longbeards or a BSB (battle standard I'm told...smile.gif) which will be bought and painted prior to the comp. Please note, lastly, that if there are any players residing in the Melbs area who can meet for practice games I'm very keen to give the stunties a try out.
PS I have NEVER played a game of Warhammer. Not this edition, not any.
But here goes giving this new game a try!
S.
GreenMonkey
lol I don't know why I am even included in this challenge... I don't even have all my minis over here in London to paint! I only bought 3 units. lol that's all I could fit in the suit case.

BTW when are we actually holding it? I don't arrive back in Australia until June 13th...
Paulus
QUOTE(punkskum @ Jan 14 2011, 11:32 PM) *

A newcomer friendly tournament in May in Geelong which you have to have 2k of armies painted for to enter?
Okey...will the GW overlords be involved? My figures aren't all original (I like it that way, go figure...but it does cut me out of "official tornaments")
Otherwise count me in for another Dwarf set. And to guarantee I'm actually in the spirit my army currently doesn't have longbeards or a BSB (battle standard I'm told...smile.gif) which will be bought and painted prior to the comp. Please note, lastly, that if there are any players residing in the Melbs area who can meet for practice games I'm very keen to give the stunties a try out.
PS I have NEVER played a game of Warhammer. Not this edition, not any.
But here goes giving this new game a try!
S.

For the tourney you dont have to enter the challenge. This is a club thing. We just challenge each other or you owe a slab of their choice to everyone who finishes their army if you dont.

Though atm, we have not decided if non painted armies will be allowed to be entered. We will decided this soon when we do the palyers pack.
Paulus
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Jan 15 2011, 03:28 AM) *

lol I don't know why I am even included in this challenge... I don't even have all my minis over here in London to paint! I only bought 3 units. lol that's all I could fit in the suit case.

BTW when are we actually holding it? I don't arrive back in Australia until June 13th...

Hahaha, i was wondering why you entered! To late to turn back now! Thats a few slabs there jordy! Lol.

Hmmmm, i think it was may we were looking at weren't we?
Diesel
When is Rumble running this year? Keen to come back again as are my buddies....may even get a few more newbs wink.gif

Also will be good to know with plenty of notice about the painted army thing...means I have to do soemthing smile.gif

Cheers guys!

Deez
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(Diesel @ Jan 15 2011, 11:12 AM) *

When is Rumble running this year? Keen to come back again as are my buddies....may even get a few more newbs wink.gif

Also will be good to know with plenty of notice about the painted army thing...means I have to do soemthing smile.gif

Cheers guys!

Deez

Hey dude!! Rumble should be approx same time (mid-late May) as last year..
Get on the bandwagon - we'll get some more details out to you when they're finalized..
As always, the more the merrier!!

Mouse
GreenMonkey
Lol Paulus... if you look back through the thread I never actually entered. Sedgey did it for me!

I'll try to get an army together though.
richyde123
OK gots me started...

put together so far:

20x Ghouls
20x Grave Guard
3x wraiths with conversions and a banshee
1 vargof (or how ever ya spell it) mounting him in a tree
15x gamezone dire wolves (still need to do green stuff) to fill the huge gaps that gamezones known for
Leanora the hot vamp chick liking blood from her blade
2x necromancers 1 mounted but not sure if he will be in my list yet or not
Had to remove them all from there bases after remembering that I brought some awesome field-stone bases for them

just finished putting together the corpse cart

ill get some pics happening soon as i start to paint

So how is everyone else going with their progress
Richy
Diesel
Thanks Mouse.

Looking forward to it!

Great challenge btw...Jordi I reckon you're in trouble, just quietly smile.gif

Deez
sedgey
QUOTE(GreenMonkey @ Jan 15 2011, 10:59 PM) *

Lol Paulus... if you look back through the thread I never actually entered. Sedgey did it for me!

I'll try to get an army together though.

Man up Jordy, you've got no friends over there and access to the cheapest minis in town! Should be easy as pie for you there mate!!!

Also, painting challenge is not necessary to enter the tourney boys, but happy to have more on board if you're keen!

Also, glad to hear you'll be back Deez! You gotta step up as best n00b from last years event wink.gif

Cheers,
Sedgey
Diesel
Thanks Sedgey already looking forward to it smile.gif

Deez
GreenMonkey
Painting the minis isn't an issue.... it's the taking them back in luggage that's an issue!
sedgey
Just mail back what you've got done Jordy!!! Easy wink.gif
GreenMonkey
Doable... I did put some paint on more Swordmasters today.

When are we actually holding it though. I come back on the 13th of June now....

P.S... I have friends over here... Just not ones that play Wargames. lol. I had to go to the local GW to get my game fix this week. I was ashamed of myself
richyde123

P.S... I have friends over here... Just not ones that play Wargames. lol. I had to go to the local GW to get my game fix this week. I was ashamed of myself
[/quote]

Now don't you just feel dirty. Let me guess he was a pimple face 17yr old that knew every thing about everything. Lol
richyde123
so whats the update..... hows every one going this ?

Im starting to pump em out
Orgz
I'm actually back painting my Wood Elves, but I definitely won't be using them at Rumble because we're not allowed Lord choices. Having a lot of fun with them in friendly games and the models are sick (except for Treekin and Treeman).

The Skaven are coming along. Won't be in any trouble to get them all done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.