Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a good TAS tournament
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > TAS tournaments and conventions
difsta
Hi All,

I am going to try and hit a big tournament in all the states this year. Its a big task, and as so I want to make sure I hit the right tournaments.

Can anyone recommend a good tournament in TAS, preferrably close to an airport

I like playing 40k, pretty much any tournament 1200pts+ the bigger the better. I would like to play at a big tournament, so the more the merrier. Not too fussed about comp, sports and paint, so if they have them thats cool, if they don't I'm just as happy...

cheers
difsta

khanoth
The Launceston Gaming Club will have a tournament on sometime this year...Hobart always has the states but its a loooong way to come to see Animal flub his dice rolls...
Animal
The Tasmanian States Championship is definately the best to travel for.
khanoth
^^Animal FTW!!^^
dragonhost20
Hi, I'm also from Melbourne

I hope to also come down for the State Championship
difsta
sounds good, is that in july? Do you know where I can find details as the 2011 one is not up yet?
khanoth

Here you go:

1. Devilcon Hobart in March
2. State Championships Hobart in June-July
3. Blood on the Reich Launceston October-November
Animal
No dates are finalised for anything yet, I usually try and post on here when Tassie stuff comes up.
arfa
Devilcon is only in its 2nd year and is still quite small, but was well run last year. Tas State Championships is the biggest event on the calender though, at the best venue (its licensed!), so Id suggest there.

Arfa da Grate
Elrad
Definately TAS States, it's our biggest hobby event and the only real tourney that has 40K. I think across three systems on a good year we get close to 100 competitors. However the organisers feel it's a good idea to keep things hidden from us, so details are as of yet unavailable.
khanoth
QUOTE(Elrad @ Mar 2 2011, 08:22 AM) *

However the organisers feel it's a good idea to keep things hidden from us, so details are as of yet unavailable.

Hence the lack of dates in my post above...you would think that the organisers would be trying to get more people along.

This makes it kinda impossible for anyone to travel interstate given you only get a couple of weeks notice- if that.

Beats me how this can be seen as good idea- or is TAS States only for us LOCAL PEOPLE? armata_PDT_40.gif
difsta
I would like as much notice as possible so I can organise flights and accom. Also to avoid clashes. The fact that there doesn't appear to be many big 40k events, I don't want to miss out because I had something already booked, or found out 2 weeks before and the flights were heaps.

the more notice the better, I might even be able to encourage a couple of other people to come as well.

cheers
josh
Elrad
I'll see if we can try to get this thing kicked in the butt and have some info posted.
Animal
Honestly is usually been in the 2nd or 3rd weekend of July, I can't really see that changing.
dominus nox
QUOTE(Animal @ Mar 4 2011, 07:03 AM) *

Honestly is usually been in the 2nd or 3rd weekend of July, I can't really see that changing.

Yea, but for people to book flights and time off work, a weekend in July is a tad vague.
Animal
Well our organisers like to keep everything classified, hidden and secret.

My theory is they don't start thinking about the tournament until around 3 months out.
difsta
I really want to get to this. But it will come down to cost. If I find out 1 month before and flights are expensive, then I might have to give it a miss, if I can get in early and get cheap flights I'll be there with bells on
Animal
As soon as I know any actual information I'll be sure to post it.
khanoth
Looks like the only peeps bothering to post on the Area52 website are hackerz nowadays:

http://www.area52.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

No mention of any 40k tournaments this year at all...
Bomma
Still zero information available for tournies? I live in Tassie and would like to attend these events lol.

There was a small 40k tourny run by the Burnie club that had about 20 people last weekend. Was pretty well run..

Is there any reason why Tas doesnt have a similar setup for their tourneys and clubs as the other states? Or we just to small with no interest?

B.
Elrad
I think the problem is a lower amount of players means less people prepared to get stuck in and try to get events going. When people do, there are normally plenty of gamers wanting to get involved. I think it would be good to try and get a database going with dates for events each year.
khanoth
QUOTE(Animal @ Mar 4 2011, 03:04 PM) *

Well our organisers like to keep everything classified, hidden and secret.

In that case maybe we should just organise our own 40k TAS tournament?
Htaeh
Hey guys sorry for the delay. we can now confirm the tourney will be run on the 16th and 17th July 2011.

$65 entry for both days. were hoping to have Flames of war, 40k, Wf and Warmachine.

Of course with this many things on the roster means a pretty big work load for one person so Im asking the gamers of Tassie to submit the rules packs they think we should run. after all new fantasy ed time for a shake up I reckon.

heres some things to work with...

40k 1850pts 5 rounds standard force charts, chaaracters allowed.
we have been toying with the idea of randomizing the missions so we dont get people tailoring forces for the last few games.

WF 2500 pts 5 rounds
???

cut of date for proposals 08-April-2011
you can contact me heath@area52.com.au

cheers

Heath
khanoth
Huzzah! smile.gif
difsta
I will try and lock in the date. How do you guys do sign up?
dominus nox
Booked the dates off work smile.gif, but just want to be 100% sure that the date is set in stone before booking flights and stuff.
khanoth
QUOTE(difsta @ Mar 9 2011, 08:52 AM) *

I will try and lock in the date. How do you guys do sign up?

If you can't make it into A52 PM Htaeh for sign up info.
Animal
QUOTE(Bomma @ Mar 7 2011, 07:52 PM) *

Still zero information available for tournies? I live in Tassie and would like to attend these events lol.

There was a small 40k tourny run by the Burnie club that had about 20 people last weekend. Was pretty well run..

Is there any reason why Tas doesnt have a similar setup for their tourneys and clubs as the other states? Or we just to small with no interest?

B.

Probably because we don't have a central forum for people to gather or if we do, most are unaware of it.
dominus nox
QUOTE(dominus nox @ Mar 11 2011, 01:05 PM) *

Booked the dates off work smile.gif, but just want to be 100% sure that the date is set in stone before booking flights and stuff.

+1 smile.gif
difsta
can someone tell me how to sign up for this? as I want to start booking flights, but can't until I am 100% sure I have a spot.

cheers
josh
khanoth
Send an email to heath@area52.com.au with the subject header:

SIGN ME UP FOR THE TAS 40k STATES

difsta
email away... is there another website tas players use other than wargamerau (eg. WA players have a WA forum). Because there is not much detail or movement on here for Tas players.
cheers
josh
Truscott Trotter
You could try area 52's facebook page?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Area-52/118183418198199
Helliquin
Launceston Gaming Club or Area52's forums (which have been under spam attack of late).

There will be another website up soon for Van Diemens Wargaming Club - just working on getting the gallery working.

We have a 16-20 man tournie running on 31 april/1 may. Good mix of armies at the moment. smile.gif
khanoth
QUOTE(Helliquin @ Apr 17 2011, 07:13 AM) *

Launceston Gaming Club or Area52's forums (which have been under spam attack of late).

Yeah, my nephew tried to check out the Pokémon forum on that Area52 website you mention and he ended up clicking on a link to a russian website that you would not want a child to view.

Truscott Trotter
QUOTE(difsta @ Apr 15 2011, 09:10 AM) *

email away... is there another website tas players use other than wargamerau (eg. WA players have a WA forum). Because there is not much detail or movement on here for Tas players.
cheers
josh

You could also try here:
http://lgc.bringthatstuffon.com/joomla/
Truscott Trotter
QUOTE(difsta @ Apr 15 2011, 09:10 AM) *

cheers
josh

You could also try here:
http://lgc.bringthatstuffon.com/joomla/
Elrad
The launnie forum goes pretty strong, but there really isn't anything worth noting for Hobart. The area52 forum was quite good once but hardly gets touched now and is spammed out, to the point that it is nearly unusable. There is usually event news on the Area52 facebook page but that's about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.