Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twatmachine?
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > TWAT
Psycosm
I just scored a large warmachine Khador force with rulebooks etc, is there any more twats playing?

I have enough to make a two smaller forces if anyone wants to try it out. Who wants to tee up a game or two?
Mouseketeer
I think Pete has played a bit - Haven't looked at it myself, coz the models are a bit naff..
Would be interested to see the game in operation though.

Mouse

Psycosm
What's wrong with you boy? The models are awesome!

I'll admit that some aren't the greatest, but the Cryx models look fantastic, and the khador ones look good too, overall, I'm usually more impressed with WM stuff than WHFB. 40k models are usually hard to beat though.

I was going to go for cryx, but the deal I got was to good to pass up, I might still be trading the khador with a mate who just scored a small cryx force, but he's going to have to sweeten the deal a lot more before I'll be interested.

I'm reading through the manual and it's sounding good, the rules are succinct and well written with very good clarifications unlike some games we're familiar with tongue.gif

It's given me motivation to et back to work on my necromunda table too, the garage is getting cleaned out and organised and I'm finally getting the hirst arts moulds that I've been wanting for it, so hopefully some necro games might be a pleasant side effect of getting into wm!
damnitsham
Not a TWAT per se, but we have a few fellows with warmahorde teams looking to hone some 2nd ed skills.

I'd be stoked to get my Cryx some table time, and Scotty (aka alienraider) has some mercs and much more experience than I.

Let me know if you're keen for some brewskies and warjack action wink.gif
Psycosm
Sounds good, playing with people who know what they're doing could help too! We'll have to tee up a date.
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(Psycosm @ Jan 13 2011, 07:08 PM) *

What's wrong with you boy? The models are awesome!

I'll admit that some aren't the greatest, but the Cryx models look fantastic, and the khador ones look good too, overall, I'm usually more impressed with WM stuff than WHFB. 40k models are usually hard to beat though.

It's given me motivation to et back to work on my necromunda table too, the garage is getting cleaned out and organised and I'm finally getting the hirst arts moulds that I've been wanting for it, so hopefully some necro games might be a pleasant side effect of getting into wm!

The Jacks pretty much all look like cr@p.. I really like some of the solo sculpts and the like.. About the only faction I could possibly consider would be circle Osomethingorother.. But it's gonna have to be a shiny ass game to get me to buy more sh1t..

PlayingFAR too much 40kays atm anyway.. smile.gif

QUOTE(damnitsham @ Jan 14 2011, 01:19 AM) *

Not a TWAT per se, but we have a few fellows with warmahorde teams looking to hone some 2nd ed skills.

I'd be stoked to get my Cryx some table time, and Scotty (aka alienraider) has some mercs and much more experience than I.

Let me know if you're keen for some brewskies and warjack action wink.gif

Adam, you know you're always welcome here.. Anyone that throws a beerhammerz event like you do would be..
Will have to hit yo good self and Scotty too hotty for some games action soon too!

Mouse
damnitsham
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Jan 14 2011, 08:51 AM) *

Adam, you know you're always welcome here.. Anyone that throws a beerhammerz event like you do would be..

Excellent! I'll have to get a "pseudo-twat" badge made up or something tongue.gif

And yes to more games and grogs of all flavors! I personally aim to diversify my gaming more with Malifaux and Warmahordes (and fantasy perhaps?), but still keep up with the 40kays.

I'll see if we can tee up a date soon to drink and dice guys, looking forward to it biggrin.gif
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(damnitsham @ Jan 14 2011, 04:54 PM) *

Excellent! I'll have to get a "pseudo-twat" badge made up or something tongue.gif

And yes to more games and grogs of all flavors! I personally aim to diversify my gaming more with Malifaux and Warmahordes (and fantasy perhaps?), but still keep up with the 40kays.

I'll see if we can tee up a date soon to drink and dice guys, looking forward to it biggrin.gif

He he he.. I'm resisting the urge to make "I drank like a TWAT and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" shirts...
Will need a session of various type games soon.. smile.gif

Mouse
richyde123
Seen Dans Khadors last night those modles are cool love the look of the human modles heaps of detail there not so fussed on the big machine guys
but fairly keen to give the game a crack it seems straight forward
thabear00
Hello Chaps ,
As a prospective TWAT Initiate for 2011 i'd like to put my hand up for some WM or Malifaux action. I have fully painted Cygnar and Guild and respective rules and gadgets for both with only a bare grasp on playing WM and no idea on Malifaux .
Hope to also provide my place ( in Werribee ) for some games once i get to know you .

Also have WHFB and 40K .

cheers Tom
Psycosm
Cool, so there's a few interested, are we going to organise something? I'd volunteer my garage but it's a work in progress at the moment.
Mouseketeer
Venue you say...

How is Richy?? lol..

Mouse
richyde123
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Jan 19 2011, 08:25 PM) *

Venue you say...

How is Richy?? lol..

Mouse

oooo how did i know...lol

you guys know my house is always an open door policy

im happy to have a few games though not ready to be buying another army yet.....
1st priority get my VCs done and get some prac games in.

so whats everyones calenders looking like?
Mouseketeer
Pick a weekend, or evening and I should be able to squeeze something in..

Yeah - I won't be forking out $'s unless it's the greatest game system ever..

Gettin the Ogres ready to rock for this year!

Mouse
cheaky
I'm really keen on wanting to play too (though not a member of TWAT). I just picked up my Cygnar starter and I got some devil dogs, privateers, sea dogs and a deck gun. I was going to go Mercs but I've decided on cygnar.

Psycosm
There's a few of us teeing things up for some get together soon, watch this space.

QUOTE(cheaky @ Jan 26 2011, 04:34 PM) *

I'm really keen on wanting to play too (though not a member of TWAT). I just picked up my Cygnar starter and I got some devil dogs, privateers, sea dogs and a deck gun. I was going to go Mercs but I've decided on cygnar.

damnitsham
I'll make sure to keep Cheaky in the know; we've been catching up most weekends for Malifaux anyways wink.gif

Might have Mouse persuaded as well, now he just needs to have a crack at the game to get hooked biggrin.gif

At this stage I'm thinking the weekend next week (5-6th Feb) would work best for us to at least chat over a few drinks, if not get some basic games going. If you guys like the idea of a BBQ at mine and Scotty's pad in Newcomb then we can organize that wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.