Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vic Inter Club Challenge
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > TWAT
Mouseketeer
Lads!

Got word of this one in March.

Details: http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showforum=280

Would be cool to get a couple of TWAT teams in..

Fantasy, 40k, and Warmachine..

Interested?

Mouse
sedgey
I'm in!
GreenMonkey
Sigh... I miss Aus
richyde123
this sounds awesome guys...count me in...for whfb that is...reading through the thread looks like we need to play in at least 2 systems to get our greedy hands on some prizes or at least the title of best club.....so whats the thoughts about the other systems...me personally have no idea on the other systems rules or game play.

so whack ya name down for what system ya wanna play so we can work out numbers

WHFB

RICHY

WM/HORDES
Mouseketeer
Happy to play either Fantasy or 40K
Pip is the same AFAIK

Do we have another 2 40k ready TWATS? Or should we just smash the fantasy hard?

Mouse
sedgey
You might be able to convince paulie to get his marines done, and then get Steve into it since he's the TWAT 40k pro... We all agree Steve is a twat right... wink.gif (Love you Steve!)

For fantasy, get the 4 that finished top of the Twat masters as the "TWATAT" And then get the other lads into the "TWATBT"... That'd be funny as hell actually!

The Wargaming A-Team A-Team

How many clubs will have ppl playing in both? If only we had enough to do the 3rd game too... Hmmmm....

Cheers,
Sedgey
Orgz
I've quit competitive 40k, however if you're keen to make a weekend out of it (i.e. beers/beerball and bbq/pizza/etc afterwards - or even during) then I'll definitely be in armata_PDT_34.gif

EDIT: Argh, just found out this is the weekend of the cricket grand final. We've already made it to the finals and things look pretty good for us to make the grand final. I wouldn't know until the week before whether I'd be able to make it or not, so I wouldn't be able to provide any proper commitment.
Mouseketeer
Every weekend we roll in at is a Beerhammer weekend..

Sad face.. that's ok - Sedgey can steal your Orks, him, Paulie, Me, Pip - there's a 40k team!

Get painting Paulie!!

Mouse
Orgz
Happy to lend my army to anyone who needs one. Can write up a list as well if need be.
sedgey
True, I can borrow them, although it would be pretty orkward (wink.gif) to go to my 1st 40k tourney knowing half the rules and trying to help in a team atmosphere!

Cheers,
Sedgey
Mouseketeer
There are rules??

Lol..

As prev mentioned.. I'm down with pretty much whatever.. smile.gif

Mouse
The Ugly Stick
I'm in for it boys, for either system beasts or darkies for fantasy (empire if I really need to have an order army)
And for 40k I'm starting to run necrons... And learn the game, I think a TWAT day soon should be called to help us decide?

Andy
Mouseketeer
Sounds good - When's everyone free??

Mouse
The Ugly Stick
PRetty much whenever is good for me, this weekend, next anytime during the week, I'm still on holidays... As for everyone else, they probly need to decide... But my next shipment of necrons should be here my Monday, so give me a couple days to paint them and I'll be ready to learn how to play lol
Orgz
QUOTE(sedgey @ Jan 20 2011, 05:16 PM) *
True, I can borrow them, although it would be pretty orkward (wink.gif) to go to my 1st 40k tourney knowing half the rules and trying to help in a team atmosphere!

I can make you something point and click if you'd like smile.gif
sedgey
It's Orks Steve... Isn't everything point and click wink.gif
damnitsham
QUOTE(sedgey @ Jan 20 2011, 05:16 PM) *

Cheers,
Sedgey

QUOTE(The Ugly Stick @ Jan 21 2011, 01:03 AM) *

I'm in for it boys, for either system beasts or darkies for fantasy (empire if I really need to have an order army)
And for 40k I'm starting to run necrons... And learn the game, I think a TWAT day soon should be called to help us decide?

Andy

Did you guys need some help getting into the 40kays?

I'll be too busy for tournament shenanigans, but can certainly make time for a games day. We've got a plethora of 40k dudes to game with and help you learn the round-base-game wink.gif
The Ugly Stick
Yeah I vaguely recall a TWAT day was set for the first Sunday of feb wasn't it? It'll be good to get some experience from other players outside of the bendigo section of TWAT...

If the next TWAT day is the first Sunday of feb then that'll give me time to paint my models that should be here any day now... Yay for necrons being easy to paint!
Mouseketeer
There was definite talk of this.. everyone still keen?

Mouse
hainzy
Yup definetly keen for this one.

Assuming I'm not moving house that weekend that is.

So it's going to be a 40k TWAT day then?

Never thought I'd see the day....

Pip.
GreenMonkey
It's a good thing pip smile.gif
The Ugly Stick
Should be awesome! Me and Pete are working on our 40k skills and lists, as we are bringing the two oldest races** to the fray!the necrons are actually running rather well in practice games!!

**except for perhaps tyranids
richyde123
Nooooooooooooooo.....face palm

Next thing ya know Rumble will be duel tourney for 40k and fantasy

what am i doing im giving ideas here...stop it Richy
damnitsham
QUOTE(richyde123 @ Jan 29 2011, 04:00 PM) *

Well we are thinking of using the same venue for the Geelong Heresy this year, so your predictions are closer than you may realize wink.gif

Also, what's the potential of non-TWAT attendance to this Sunday shindig? I know a thing or two about the ol' 40kays would ya believe?
Mouseketeer
Mate - TWAT days are pretty cas.. and we're always up for the words of wisdom of a beerhammer enthusiast well versed in the other game.. Clear your schedule and come along.. smile.gif

Mouse

The Ugly Stick
Hey richy it's ok, I'll always be a fantasy player at heart, the beasts are coming along nicely!
Mouseketeer
Yeah - Have ideas for the ogres too.. they'll be getting a solid run this year smile.gif

Mouse
richyde123
good to see the dark side hasnt taken over your minds fully
damnitsham
QUOTE(richyde123 @ Jan 30 2011, 10:47 AM) *

good to see the dark side hasnt taken over your minds fully

It's a work in progress bwahaha! tongue.gif
Paulus
QUOTE(richyde123 @ Jan 29 2011, 04:00 PM) *

Nooooooooooooooo.....face palm

what am i doing im giving ideas here...stop it Richy

Lol.....you have no idea how close to the mark you are Richy! We've talked about it....only a little, but the idea has been thrown around about a month ago since we're not sure we'll have the numbers in fantasy we'd like....but we're still talking about things atm.
Mouseketeer
On that note.. we MAY want to start looking at packs etc for Rumble sooner rather than later - the earlier we can lock stuff in / start taking entries the better IMO.. Gives us a couple of months to draft packs etc..

Mouse
GreenMonkey
If any help is needed putting the rumble pack together I can still help, although given the general consensus is that it's being run in May I won't be able to make it back in time!
deadfox
So there I'm guessing theres no first sunday of Feb TWAT day?
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(deadfox @ Feb 5 2011, 06:05 PM) *

So there I'm guessing theres no first sunday of Feb TWAT day?

Richy's workin

Mouse
damnitsham
QUOTE(Mouseketeer @ Feb 5 2011, 06:28 PM) *

Richy's workin

Mouse

Sad face, I was really looking forward to this.

Sure beats thesis writing... armata_PDT_05.gif
richyde123
Im of on next sunday if anyone intrested in throwing some dice
Mouseketeer
Done.

Book it in lads!

Mouse
deadfox
I'll need to leave mid arvo for work (starting at 3:30) but keen for the morning.
damnitsham
Just getting my weekend sorted out- is this Sunday still happening?

Would you guys like some good drinking company/40k assistance?

Anyways, keep me posted...
Mouseketeer
QUOTE(damnitsham @ Feb 12 2011, 12:35 AM) *

Just getting my weekend sorted out- is this Sunday still happening?

Would you guys like some good drinking company/40k assistance?

Anyways, keep me posted...

On like donkey kong, richy's place.. Probably from stupid o'clock onwards.
Mouseketeer
Ok guys - anyone keen on the VICC tourney?
Either Fantasy or 40k March 19-20
We can register from today - but need teams confirmed 1st.

Mouse
Orgz
I can't play. Got cricket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.