Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tasmanian State Championships 2012
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > TAS tournaments and conventions
doddguy
Registration for the 2012 Tasmanian State Championships is now open

Rulespacks are available for download here: http://www.area52.com.au/downloads/downloads.htm
Wulfen69
Can anyone enter no from TAS? Victoria
dragonhost20
Difsta did last year. I was too poor to go & still am.
difsta
QUOTE(Wulfen Mark @ May 3 2012, 10:22 PM) *

yeah, I went last year, it was a fun event. The name suggests it is like a masters event (ie. invite only) but its not, its just their big 40k event (and lesser systems tongue.gif )
difsta
also if Gilmour goes I will probably get off my but and go too... Good practice for ETC, same points level smile.gif
doddguy
ETC is 1850? thought it was 1750 or was that last year?

but yeah, Open to everyone from anywhere (hell you could come from Siberia and you'd be given a spot)
Triumph Of Man
QUOTE(difsta @ May 7 2012, 11:21 AM) *

yeah, I went last year, it was a fun event. The name suggests it is like a masters event (ie. invite only) but its not, its just their big 40k event (and lesser systems tongue.gif )

Yeah I was there as a spectator last year. I remember there was a player who tabled an Imperial Guard list.

He didn't take that win well, decided to cause a scene, accused his opponent of having a poor attitude by bringing a "ridiculous" guard list and declared how if they ever tried to bring this overpowered list to a mainland tournament he'd personally ensure they were banned from entering.

Doesn't sound like he had much fun at all at this event! Let me see if I can recall his name, started with a D...

I think it was Diffy. You wouldn't know him would you?
Zidi
QUOTE(Triumph Of Man @ May 9 2012, 05:09 PM) *

Yeah I was there as a spectator last year. I remember there was a player who tabled an Imperial Guard list.

He didn't take that win well, decided to cause a scene, accused his opponent of having a poor attitude by bringing a "ridiculous" guard list and declared how if they ever tried to bring this overpowered list to a mainland tournament he'd personally ensure they were banned from entering.

Doesn't sound like he had much fun at all at this event! Let me see if I can recall his name, started with a D...

Subtle like a fox.
Animal

You see this type of retard commentry is what can give an event and/or a player a bad reputation. Everybody has bad games against hideous opponents from time to time, it's a fact of the hobby because it attracts all personality types. I seriously fail to see how your comment anything other than a blatent and deliberate attempt at having a go at someone, especially over a single instance that may have occured months ago.

I played last year, right next to the table where this game took place. My game was concluded within the first hour and I watched the game you mentioned unfold and do not actually recall having witnessed such a scene take place either after the game, during the game or during the whole tournament.

So I'm quite inclined to regard your little post as b^%$s&&t.

Having played in the Tassie States for the last eight years, I would not hesitate to reccommend the event. It's been well organised and run with support of the local hobby shop (Area 52) and their staff, plus the variety of voluenteers who give their own time to judge, shift tables and set-up terrain.
Animal
QUOTE(Wulfen Mark @ May 3 2012, 10:22 PM) *

On a nicer note, the answer is YES.

Don't let the title fool you that only Tasmanians are allowed.
Zidi
QUOTE(Animal @ May 11 2012, 11:51 AM) *

On a nicer note, the answer is YES.

Don't let the title fool you that only Tasmanians are allowed.

On another note, once i've confirmed i'll be here that weekend, i'll probably have a spare bed for someone if they wanted it.
khanoth

This is nothing compared to some of the crap happening at other 40k tournaments (e.g loaded dice, peeps being banned etc..)

Get over it.
difsta
WTF?!?!?!?! for starters, this never happened, and I am confused on where this is coming from...

I took my deathwing, a pretty soft deathwing list, and don't remember getting tabled by an imperial guard list... I also don't remember the conversation that I would have them banned from the event... I had a discussion with a guard player (I assume this is you...) that you took a no comp list to a comp tourney, and then wondered why you got a harsh comp score, then we debated what comp was... I am not an advocate for comp, never have been, so once again, really confused on these comments and if this is a troll...
doddguy
nah Difsta he's not the guard player you had your game with
He's someone who QQ'd on 5th ed and just goes as a spectator to events and complain about the system
difsta
I'm just confused... In re reading his comments I think he is referring to me tabling my oponent, however I don't remember doing that either... I remember winning my first game against a guard player because he spread out and I had outflanking ravenwing bikes which melta'd russ or something the turn they arrived. Then after the event when talking to him I asked him why and he said because he wanted to lose round 1... didn't make sense to me, a deliberate submarine apparently...

anywas
doddguy
QUOTE(difsta @ May 17 2012, 03:57 PM) *

I asked him why and he said because he wanted to lose round 1..

He does it religiously so his 6 Russ can roll around unhindered as he avoids the top tier lists
difsta
QUOTE(doddguy @ May 17 2012, 05:33 PM) *

He does it religiously so his 6 Russ can roll around unhindered as he avoids the top tier lists

But then can no longer win?
ĈON
QUOTE(difsta @ May 17 2012, 06:09 PM) *

But then can no longer win?

Not everyone who enters tournaments does so to win them - some enter to have fun tongue.gif
doddguy
QUOTE(ĈON @ May 17 2012, 06:35 PM) *

Not everyone who enters tournaments does so to win them - some enter to have fun tongue.gif

He's in it for the painting score/awards, the only time 6 russ loaded with sponsons, gear and only 2 troops in an army can do well tongue.gif (He does consistently place 4th/5th and is on the ATC team, he wants to grudge match Difsta tongue.gif)
difsta
QUOTE(doddguy @ May 17 2012, 06:37 PM) *

He's in it for the painting score/awards, the only time 6 russ loaded with sponsons, gear and only 2 troops in an army can do well tongue.gif (He does consistently place 4th/5th and is on the ATC team, he wants to grudge match Difsta tongue.gif)

he can grudge me round 1 for Tas if he wants, and most likely at ATC tongue.gif Especially if he still likes losing round 1 deliberately tongue.gif
difsta
where do we sign up/pay?
doddguy
QUOTE(difsta @ May 17 2012, 08:46 PM) *

he can grudge me round 1 for Tas if he wants, and most likely at ATC tongue.gif

He's the TO for Fantasy this year, so no go there.
As for ATC, we'll see ;-)

++Edit++
QUOTE(difsta @ May 17 2012, 08:46 PM) *

where do we sign up/pay?

Go to http://www.area52.com.au/ get their number (right hand side of the screen) and just give them a buzz, they'll put your name down.
As for paying, not so sure. Best to ask them that one
khanoth

QUOTE(doddguy @ May 17 2012, 09:21 PM) *

He's the TO for Fantasy this year, so no go there.
As for ATC, we'll see ;-)

++Edit++
Go to http://www.area52.com.au/ get their number (right hand side of the screen) and just give them a buzz, they'll put your name down.
As for paying, not so sure. Best to ask them that one

Now that's what I call a retreat under fire.
doddguy
QUOTE(khanoth @ May 19 2012, 02:18 PM) *

Now that's what I call a retreat under fire.

Care to elaborate?
khanoth

IPB Image
doddguy
Meh, he was asked and Fantasy is/was his first love (they##### his Empire book though)
He's got a good system in place. But as for ATC, how do you feel about 'nids Difsta?
difsta
Are you asking the vic captain for list advice? LOL
doddguy
QUOTE(difsta @ May 21 2012, 08:25 AM) *

Are you asking the vic captain for list advice? LOL

Nah, they didn't win last year so they'd know nothing tongue.gif
Wulfen69
Yes sign Dan Gilmour up
doddguy
QUOTE(Wulfen Mark @ May 23 2012, 09:42 PM) *

Yes sign Dan Gilmour up

Call Area 52 on (03) 6231 0271 during business hours (9am-6pm Monday-Thursday, 9am-9pm Fridays and 10-5 Saturday and Sunday)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.