Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tale of how ever many gamers.
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC
Warplord
Nick and I are thinking of running a tale of 4 gamers type thing. If anyone else wants to take this op to start a new army it would be great. We can discuss it next meet or online. I'm creating a Samurai/Empire army and I believe Nick will be building High Elves.

Just garnering interest at the moment.
steelie
Should be a bit of fun, hope a few more decide to join in for some fun, will help us to get some armies finished,

My army is gonna be a Naggaryth themed High Elf List, 2500 points is below;

Eltharion the Grim on Stormwing (Modelling my own on a Chimera just using the rules)
Dragonmage
BSB on Horseback
12 Archers
12 Archers
24 Seaguard
2 Tiranoc Chariots
6 Shadow Warriors
9 Dragon Princes (Modelled as Shadow Princes)
2 Great Eagles

Will also be looking at getting a Chrace component done as well inc White Lions, Spears, Lion Chariots and Korhil

Nick
Warplord
Sounds good. I'll look at working toward 2500 points. Might have to sit down with you and work out what I need.

Only thing for sure is that I will be using between 4 & 6 Demigryph knights. Probably great swords, archers hand gunners and knights. No idea beyond that.
steelie
Hey mate,

Yeah, we can have a chat at the next meet, sort a list out for ya.
Warplord
That would be great. I've been trying to think of the overall plan. Something like core and general must be start of force. 250 points per fortnight or 500 per month. A game at 1000 points, 1750 and then at 2500.

Also thinking of starting a new thread each month for updates, comments, pics etc. really excited about this.
steelie
Really like the idea mate, sounds like a plan
steelie
Hi mate,

If you like, you can do a rough list of what you want and I can make changes if you like and then we can start working on our armies staring next month, work starts to quieten down a little next month for me.

Nick
Warplord
Sounds good. i've been reading a lot of lists and comments on a couple forums. Also been looking at mini's to use.
Warplord
Anyone else want to get involved in this?
steelie
Hey guys,

Please sign up on here if you want to be apart of it and then Shaun and I can start to organise how we will run this.

Thanks
Nick
Warplord
Just ordered a heap of Japanese Ashigaru (generic soldiers). Once they arive we can start this thing. Just need to clarify our rules.

For the main body I'm thinking of 30 to 40 spear or halberds
Detachments of samurai swordsmen/greatswords
x Archers or Crossbowmen
Some gunners
Small detachment of pistoleers
I have up to 6 demigryphon
hellblaster
Greatcannon
15 IC knights

for command
A couple of priests
I have 2 mages (wood elf sorceress) and making a DE mandrake with a straw hat.
Havent decided on a general yet but I have an imposing samurai on foot.
Engineer
steelie
Hey mate,

Number 1 thing you will need is a bsb, other than that, all options are viable for differing reasons, you want really killy, go TGM, General is good for Hold the Line and is cheap as chips, wizard lords are normally a must but have seen peeps not run one but normally only with a waralter and lots of light wizards.

Also greatswords cant be detachments only a parent unit,

Spearmen ore ok if you want to run them deep, halberdiers are better in horde formation, depends on what you want to use them for, most people take halberdiers in horde, waralter + the hurricanam is a great combo.

Demigriffs are awesome and are now toughness 4 due to new FAQ, only run units in size 3 or 4 though as the mounts dont get supporting attacks and they are the best part of the model.

Inner Circle Knights are awesome, I always run a unit, use small knight units, archers and pistoliers as your warmachine hunters, redirectors etc

Hope this helps a bit mate, I will go through a list with ya on Sunday

Nick
Warplord
Thanks to nick for helping design a list.

We are now up to 4

David and Jason B are both building Wood Elf armies.

We need a Core unit and a Hero built and painted by last meet, 2/12/12. Things will take off in ernest after that. Participants can show updates here. Hopefully we can have a battle when GROTS starts again next year.

I'll post some rules/deadlines etc soon.
tintaman
QUOTE(Warplord @ Nov 5 2012, 01:54 PM) *

Thanks to nick for helping design a list.

We are now up to 4

David and Jason B are both building Wood Elf armies.

Another Jason? And more pertinently, another Jason B? Wow, I didn't know you guys missed me that much tongue.gif
Warplord
Ok Smart Ass. I meant to say Jason G. I was telling my self not to put B because I usually screw it up. Good to know i'm true to form.......
tintaman
QUOTE(Warplord @ Nov 5 2012, 05:14 PM) *

Ok Smart Ass. I meant to say Jason G. I was telling my self not to put B because I usually screw it up. Good to know i'm true to form.......

Ahaha, I legit thought there was another Jason....disappointed. Guthrie and I would've been one step closer to our All-Jason VICC team!
Warplord
Hoping the minis arrive today or early nerxt week. ill upload some pics on a Shaun's army' thread when i figure out how. Mu first unit will be 25 to 30 spearmen and a hero. the hard bit is deciding on colour's.

Black/red aka Scorpion Clan
Some purple/mauve aka unicorn. Considering the army will be mainly mounted.....

Any other colour combo's?

maybe Dark blue/yellow

Advice welome
steelie
Yeah I better start on my text model to get the colours right, I will start with a a unit of spears too and a hero
enigma_818
I might get on board and start a new army.

Will know come December if I bring something to the club for that meet that is new.
Warplord
Excellent, the more the merrier
steelie
Hey guys, should we start a new thread to start showing pics of our budding armies?

Let me know and i'll get it started
Warplord
Each person should start thier own thread. Host pics etc. now i'm back from holidays I can start on my minis. They arrived while i was away.
steelie
QUOTE(Warplord @ Nov 26 2012, 07:28 PM) *

Each person should start thier own thread. Host pics etc. now i'm back from holidays I can start on my minis. They arrived while i was away.

Sweet, I'll look at getting mine started this weekend, got the first unit started and the test model almost done
heavy armour
Start a modeling diary.
And have a link to them here maybe? and use here as a rough outline of what has changed?
I will start mine soon.
Warplord
Any suggestions on how/where to start the diary? Start a blog??? (I dont know how) btw, how do I host pics????
steelie
QUOTE(Warplord @ Nov 29 2012, 11:06 AM) *

Any suggestions on how/where to start the diary? Start a blog??? (I dont know how) btw, how do I host pics????

Yeah I'm in the dark with this as well lol
heavy armour
QUOTE(Warplord @ Nov 29 2012, 11:06 AM) *

Go to here for modeling diaries:
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showforum=93

A photobucket account helps to upload pics,
then go to the share option and select the right option where you get the code to post on message boards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.