Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Official Announcement
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC
Warplord
I shall henceforth conceed that Mr Crane is no longer the go to person when one want's an easy win game. For the second year in a row Rob has top scored at ARC of all the grots atendees. (He came 22nd)Admittedly this was 99% due to sportsmanship but still its the end result that is telling.

It is also important to note that now Rob doesnt coach his tournament opponent in how to beat his army (shakes head) his battle scores have improved as well.

In the final game of this years ARC I, sigh..... I played Rob and he, he, cough splutter he beat me. It was a close thing indeed. After the game we tallied up the kill points and I had won by 1 point. After results were in we realised we forgot a vehicle that had been wrecked and thus Rob won by 1 point.

I wont belittle Rob's win by bitching about the game;'s 'special' rules that allowed Elite Choices counting as two kill points or that thier transport ALSO counted as two kill points and that is how he won. I won't go there.

So for all the ribbing and joking that Rob is an easy win I humbly take back and choke on my own words.

Damn it was a fun game tho..........
tredhead
Do i owe you money or something armata_PDT_05.gif ?????????

thanks for the praise, it was a damn good game. had a blast, even though i played 3 different GROTS over the weekend my others 3 oppentents were great. was glade to see that the guy who gave me the 20-5 pts lose came second over all, great army hard to kill. but after that i now have a lot of hate for HellDrake's or whatever you call them, it cooked my wolves like a puppy in an oven armata_PDT_07.gif . but all games were fun.

now to re-do my list with allied guard with a vandetta............. armata_PDT_02.gif
Warplord
I could almost hear the music from Apoc Now.
zed
QUOTE(tredhead @ Jan 28 2013, 11:41 AM) *
Do i owe you money or something armata_PDT_05.gif ?????????

thanks for the praise, it was a damn good game. had a blast, even though i played 3 different GROTS over the weekend my others 3 oppentents were great. was glade to see that the guy who gave me the 20-5 pts lose came second over all, great army hard to kill. but after that i now have a lot of hate for HellDrake's or whatever you call them, it cooked my wolves like a puppy in an oven armata_PDT_07.gif . but all games were fun.

now to re-do my list with allied guard with a vandetta............. armata_PDT_02.gif
Only problem with the wolf guard is limited anti-flyer. I am looking at putting a second vendetta up for a 1500 point list to see how it plays. My biggest worry is everything else being killed before the fliers get on.
QUOTE(Warplord @ Jan 28 2013, 01:22 PM) *
I could almost hear the music from Apoc Now.
So you love the smell of Nalpalm in the morning. biggrin.gif

It was a great tornament, and Rob played well. How much did you bribe Dan to ensure you played the people you wanted? armata_PDT_11.gif

That chaos list was very powerful.. Probably didn't help that someone gave him some hints in the game before yours... armata_PDT_05.gif

Floater
LUKE, Stop giving hints so people can beat you, and more importantly can beat Rob biggrin.gif

You definitely need some anti-flyer gear in your list Rob, Vendetta and/or a fort with a skyfire gun and/or Hydras.

Those Drakes are very popular now, and will get even more popular as people keep getting tabled by them, we'll all need some defense eventually.

And clearly, Rob is still an easy win, just not in a tourney when it counts...

-Jason
zed
QUOTE(Floater @ Jan 30 2013, 09:49 AM) *
LUKE, Stop giving hints so people can beat you, and more importantly can beat Rob biggrin.gif
I knew my game was a write off early, so playing nice was the only option..... Spiking Rob's guns was just a bonus.... tongue.gif
You definitely need some anti-flyer gear in your list Rob, Vendetta and/or a fort with a skyfire gun and/or Hydras.

Those Drakes are very popular now, and will get even more popular as people keep getting tabled by them, we'll all need some defense eventually.
Agreed. Making up my second vendetta now.... 2 Vendettas and Comms relay for a bigger chance to get the fliers on when I want. Plus the astropath to make it harder for the opponent to get their flier on. It will be interesting to try a match with both and see how it performs..

And clearly, Rob is still an easy win, just not in a tourney when it counts...
-Jason

Obviously the competitive spirit comes out when he is playing now...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.