Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anima: Tactics @ LITTLE WARS 2013
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > VIC tournaments and conventions > Little Wars Melbourne
Raith
DEMONSTRATION EVENT
LITTLE WARS 2013

IPB Image

Silence ruled in the vaulted chamber, only broken by the occasional shuffle of impatient feet from a dozen gathered and armoured advisers or the soft creak of leather and wood as Matthew Gaul shifted in his throne-like seat, his unwavering gaze directed at the massive table before him.

The man-who-would-be-king leaned forward and rested his chin in his hand focusing on a single aspect of the magically manipulated map that dominated the table showing the Old Continent in extreme detail.

His eyes roamed the world and Gaul allowed himself a moments fantasy his mind spinning the plots necessary to bring it all under his control before he settled his attention on the northern borders of his so-called Azur Alliance where a little town called Sweetree stood.

The town itself was an unimportant place, home to barely one hundred souls yet he was sure that the Empire was planning to move resources into that town.

Without shifting his gaze, the general harshly commanded the red-clad magus nearby "Show me." and the scene before him shifted. The magical map zooming down through layers of clouds until the town and it surrounding lands stretched out depicting rolling hill, small woods and farms in detail.

Once again Gaul sat back, his mind turning over the possibilities of what forces he would dispatch and what level of destruction he would authorize.

ANIMA: Tactics, is a small scale skirmish game played across the world, it features almost every genre of fantasy you can imagine as powerful heroes go into battle aligned by personal ethics or organizational ties. Wizards hurls magical destruction while greedy corporation fool around creating undead weapons of mass destruction. Armour clad knights march implacably towards their goal while fast moving scouts seek to exploit their weaknesses. High-technology from a bygone era is fueled by magic allowing the use of piloted mecha or powerful combat cybernetics. The Church fights a way against the supernatural which is beginning to reemerge after hundreds of years of silent waiting lead by opposing factions of elves aided by demons ad peoples whose souls are not-quite-human anymore.

Learning Anima is extremely simple and fast, players take control of teams of three or more characters, each a individual unit with unique abilities. The basics of the game take about a half hour and even when your up with the rules the game will usually play in an hour or a little more.

Over the course of the day I will be demonstrating the game to whomever wants to learn with a combination of directed demonstrations or themed conflicts, feel free to come along and watch, try it out or ask questions, no previous knowledge required. No reservations for a time are needed, simply turn on up and join in!

More information on Anima tactics can be found here...
Forum: http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.php

Questions can be posted in this thread... http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.ph...23.msg82057#new

- Raith
Raith
DEMONSTRATION EVENT
SPECIAL EVENT: COMPLETE!
LITTLE WARS 2013

Two weekends ago I hopped on a plane, made a taxi ride that went a little astray and made my way down to Mornington and a Secondary College where Little Wars was being held for the year.

Unlike previous events this micro-con was a dry event, but in exchange it was set up across two large rooms and a adjoining area. Which meant their was a lot more breathing room and I didn't feel partially deaf and hoarse in the aftermath of the day.

IPB Image

And it was a good day! one of the better conventions I've had the chance to demonstrate at. While I didn't get many participants I did do a lot of talking and chatting with traders and players of the game as well as some new faces. I even got to borrow some nice terrain so I could have a little village street setup, thanks guys!

I also had an opportunity to prowl the main game and traders room and take a look at some of the always impressive battlefields that are on display including more than a few using elevated terrain pieces.

IPB Image

IPB Image

For my demonstrations I laid out a Empire verse Azur force, Maximo Ligori, Harod and Claude against the Cerberos Division which gave me quite a nice spread of abilities as well as highlighting the team card mechanic and abilities like stealth and sneak.

What battles were fought were mostly simply demonstrations of the mechanics but towards the second part of the day I supervised a battle between a pair of demonstrators taking a break from their own game Realm - Fantasy Warfare.

IPB Image

The Holy Empire of Abel vs The Azur Alliance
150 levels

The fighting was brutal, Harod flanked left but was spotted by Daniella who proceeded to shoot him full of arrows, but not before the assassin had drawn the archer out of position and inflicted his own damage in turn. While Janos moved to Daniella's rescue Claude and Vayl engaged in a brief struggle before the swordsman overpowered his empire opponent.

Moving up the middle of the street Maximo finally engaged Janos who used his abilities to tie-up the executioner while Daniella picked off Harod but the knight was overwhelmed by the combination attacks from Claude and Ligori. Leaving Daniella to flee for her life.

IPB Image

- Raith

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.