Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCATT 40K Tournament 3 August 2013
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > QLD tournaments and conventions > Rapid Confrontation
therottenlord
To All 40K Tournament Players

Club Rapid Confrontation are pleased to announce that we will have a new 40k tournament to be held on the 3rd August 2013.

Rapid Confrontation Army Testing Tournament (RCATT)

Dates: 03 August 2013
Game: Warhammer 40K 6th Edition Rules
Entry Fee: $40
Time: 9.00am till 10.30pm
Rounds: 4 games will be played.
Venue: Comics Plus 55 Nerang Street Southport 4215
Event Organizer/TO: Andrew Jones
Player Capacity: 30 *only 14 available* (16 spots have been taken by our Gold Coast Players)

Please find the players pack attached. This will be a 4 game no comp tournament. This tournament will not replace RC40K4 that will be held on the 28 September 2013, instead this is a new "mid year" tournament to help new codex players define their new armies. I will list results from this tournament to Rankings HQ. To register and pay get in touch with us via an email to rapidconfrontation@gmail.com . GET TO IT PLAYERS!, and lets make it another great one day 40K event on the Gold Coast!

PLEASE NOTE THERE HAS BEEN A PLAYERS PACK UPDATE. PLEASE PRINT THIS UPDATED PACK AND BRING IT WITH YOU, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A PRINTER. armata_PDT_37.gif
Earendil the Dark
Sounds good.

The last rapidcon hasn't made it to Rankings HQ yet by the way.
therottenlord
QUOTE(Earendil the Dark @ May 23 2013, 10:38 PM) *

Sounds good.

The last rapidcon hasn't made it to Rankings HQ yet by the way.

I just sent an email to Alpha Hobbies, he has only just come back from a holiday and he was loading it up for me. I'm sure he has done it, but will find out none the less. How do you feel about playing in this one good sir? There will be a strong Gold Coast player presence this time with 15 of our lads, and just tonight we had 7 Brisbane players add their names to the list. So in total there are 8 spots left. Would you like one? armata_PDT_01.gif
Roundtooit
sign me up
fofjunior
Sign me up for this one, Gary Levitt.

Missed the last one due to work sad.gif
gazdar
great, nice to play in our backyard
email sent for us all the GC boys
therottenlord
Hi all

Due to a high demand for places and the limited number of spots I will have to enforce first paid first to play. However I will take names and if we get 10 more committed players I will hire the hall at a local venue. Thank you for the great response, please send me an email to rapidconfrontation@gmail.com with your first and last name as well as a contact number and I'll send you my bank details. As it stands we have 24 committed/paid players so this leaves me with 6 more 2 more spots armata_PDT_07.gif , I can only hire a venue when we breach 40 PAID[b] players. So start sending me some registration emails armata_PDT_14.gif

Kind regards
Jonesy
Blood Angel
Andrew, Please add me to the list. Adrian
noidea
Sign me up please, Mark Long
therottenlord
Hi All

Adrian and Mark your names are on the list. We now have 34 players so unless we breach 40 paid players I will have to cap this at 30 and it will remain at Comics Plus. Please if you have put your name down and have not paid please secure your spot asap and help me help you either make this a bigger event. armata_PDT_37.gif
therottenlord
Hi to all players reading this post.

Well we are just over a month out from this event and there are 38 names on the list but only 14 players that have paid and confirmed their spots. So i'm giving it till the 30/06/13 to see if we have the 40 players needed to hold this tournament at a larger venue. Now's the time to grab a ticket, so talk to your friends, fellow wargamers any body else that you know that like to enjoy playing 40K and bring them along. As an incentive, and until 30/06/13, if you book and pay for 4 spots I'll make it a group price of $120 ($10 saving per person). So round up your group and head on down to the Gold Coast for a great day of 40K! armata_PDT_37.gif

(the group offer is subject to availability and will only be offered until 30/06/13) armata_PDT_04.gif
olmurph
I've had a talk to the boys and if you can add Justin murphy, wes graham, Dave Kerr and Ben sharpe I'll get the money in your account by the end of the week smile.gif .
NICS
Invaders from the north I see.

We have made this place a home away from home for the Man Barbie Mafia and we don't take kindly to outsiders. So we will have to prep the locals so we can hear your tears on the podcast. Make that long drive home even more uncomfortable for you boys.
therottenlord
What about the southern gamers? surely we are closer then all those Brisbane tournaments??? tongue.gif
Sharpdogg
QUOTE(NICS @ Jun 24 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Invaders from the north I see.

We have made this place a home away from home for the Man Barbie Mafia and we don't take kindly to outsiders. So we will have to prep the locals so we can hear your tears on the podcast. Make that long drive home even more uncomfortable for you boys.

the only thing you will hear is your soul leaving your body once the north is done with you biggrin.gif
olmurph
Haha, They would have to be a little worried about getting schooled in their own adopted home in front of all the home crowd tongue.gif . At least you will have some brissy guys there to slap around when you start feeling really sad about it armata_PDT_36.gif
horus
im going to use your tanning lotion as lube nick... prepare your ring... oh and will the charity fight be on saturday night?
NICS
QUOTE(horus @ Jun 24 2013, 10:28 PM) *

im going to use your tanning lotion as lube nick... prepare your ring... oh and will the charity fight be on saturday night?

Well if I'm going to get the beating you three are suggesting its probably a goid idea. I'll be in the mood for it.

But seriously you guys won't have the comp fairy here to protect you this time.
gazdar
Does this mean there's enough to be in the pub now??
therottenlord
We have 38 names now on the list, only 18 have paid. Today is the last day to take me up on the offer of 4 players for $120. The first people to pay will secure their spot. I will let every one know asap if the venue gets moved, first I need money to move it and secure the venue armata_PDT_04.gif for the convenience of everyone that wishes to attend I have provided my bank details below for a direct deposit:

Bank: ANZ
Account Name: Jones Andrew Robert
BSB: 014286
Account: 573434121

AS SOON AS YOU PAY please send me an email to rapidconfrontation@gmail.com to let me know the money was sent and so that I can look for it armata_PDT_01.gif Once I have received your payment your spot will be secured.

I hope to see many of you there. armata_PDT_37.gif
glynaynsley
Wow, I've only just seen this thread. There is just too many places on the map to conquer.
fofjunior
QUOTE(glynaynsley @ Jul 3 2013, 01:50 PM) *

Wow, I've only just seen this thread. There is just too many places on the map to conquer.

Now you're in the North Dave its really easy - EVERYTHING SOUTH!
therottenlord
Still waiting for people to pay... armata_PDT_04.gif
olmurph
Your already signed up Dave. I paid for the 4 of us last week. No excuse for you not to be there now smile.gif
glynaynsley
Awesome. Will be coming, got to bung together a list now. Tau or daemons I think, will have to see how I feel.
therottenlord
OK Players, I'm still waiting for some people to pay, but, it is now official:

The venue has changed to the Southport Workers Club (154A Scarborough St Southport QLD 4215)

If you have your name on the list please pay your fee ASAP armata_PDT_36.gif
Thanks to all that have paid and I look forward to seeing you there.
therottenlord
Hi All
Lists are due on the 26/7/13 so please send them to rapidconfrontation@gmail.com

There have been 3 spots become available so if you still want to come please let me know asap. Other than that I look forward to seeing you at the Southport Workers Club on the 3rd August 2013.

Cheers
Jones armata_PDT_37.gif
therottenlord
Unfortunately we are no longer running this event at the Southport Workers Club. We will resume the original location of Comics Plus 55 Nerang Street Southport. Thank you to all that have put your name down and paid. We have had a mass of players withdrawing that has led to the venue change. We look forward to seeing those of you that are attending at 9 am on the 3/8/13 for a great day of war gaming on the Gold Coast. armata_PDT_36.gif
therottenlord
Lists are due today players. please let me know if you need a little if you can't get them to me tonight. Please send them to my email address, rapidconfrontation@gmail.com. See you all next Saturday! armata_PDT_11.gif

PS, PLEASE SEE POST 1 AS THE PLAYERS PACK WAS UPDATED!!!!!
Sharpdogg
List sent in sorry it's a day late. Cheers ben
therottenlord
Well the event is tomorrow and I hope you are all ready, on that note Can Mark Long please get in touch with me asap. my mobile number is 0405721255, if you need me to print you a players pack please let me know. Other then that I'll see you all bright and early 9am tomorrow. armata_PDT_37.gif
gojky
I'll put the offer out if someone needs a lift tomorrow. (Need to live on the south side of Brisbane, near Acacia ridge or south on the way to the gold coast).

Let me know by 8pm tonight (so 2 hrs from now, post here or send a PM) and we can try work something out. 1 person Max though as the back seats are full of baby seats!

Looking to leave around 7:30 am, though if taking someone I will leave earlier.
Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.