Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dauthus IX 2014
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > SA tournaments and conventions > Group North Events
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Behemoth
DAUTHUS IX 2014

IPB Image

Picture is of actual first place trophy model.

2000pt 40K Tournament
1 force Organisation Chart Only
Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd February

Group North Members $40
Non Members $50
Under 18 years $30
$10 discount if paid by 31/01/2014

Trophies will go to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last.

Sausage Sizzle Provided Both Days.

Full details can be found at www.groupnorth.biz on the tournaments page or email groupnorth@adam.com.au or Simon on 0400 541 970

Players Pack can be found here.

Players

01) Ben Vickers (defult06) - Paid - List received
02) Alexander Krohn (gutsmaka) - Paid - List received
03) Andreas Nicolay (4indi) - Paid - List received
04) Aidan Baker - Paid - List received
05) Andy Penn (Capt Damage) - Paid - List received
06) Chris Appleby (Zero) - Paid - List received
07) Chris Berkin (scout max) - Paid - List received
08) Adam Napier (cool_conoly) - Paid - List received
09) Matt Cross (Deadmuppet) - Paid - List received
10) Matt Taverna (SprayAnPay) - Paid - List received
11) Nick Hardy (Cypher) - Paid - List received
12) Stuart Johnson (Dismembered) - Paid - List received
13) Brian Craig (Pion) - Paid - List received
14) Charles Winsor (Charlie W) - Paid - List received
15) William Ivens (Dwax) - Paid - List Received
16) Steve Gilman - Paid - List received
17) Tim Skrenya - Paid - List received
18) Zac Butler (Mystblade) - Paying on the day - List received
19) Travos Boyce - paying on the day - List received
20) Jarryd (Moses) Wucherpfennig - List received
21) Aaron Blackley (AJ-Crisis) - Paying on the day - List received
22) Ken Reckless - Paying on the day - List received
23) Matt Masters - Paying on the day - List received
24) Michael Knight (dominus nox) - List received
25) Alexander Dagger - Paying on the day - List received
26) Luke Brown (Harvey Birdman) - Paid - List received
27) Michael Brittain - Paying on the day - List received
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
36)
38)
39)
40)

Grudges

1) Jarryd (Moses) Wucherpfennig vs Michael Brittain
2) Zac Butler vs Alexander Dagger
3)
4)
5)
ru486baby
In.
scout max
I'm in to .thanks lads. Is that the distent row of bike motor I here smile.gif biggrin.gif
cool_conoly
My last SA event! IN!
Behemoth
Se separate thread in regards to Dauthus 2015!
neil
I'm in
4ndi
Hm I have to be in Germany on the 25.2, hm that's a close one... but I try to make it work.. I m in biggrin.gif!
barit
I will come along with some dice and a pair of short shorts.
neil
I'll play Daemons so my trophy matches my army.
Charlie_W
Put my name down. I'll have to see what the new job is like before I can commit to flying back for this.
death jester
yep
Monkey
No IA? I'll never get to use my Contemptor. sad.gif
DEBO
Buddha had 2 at Redemption as regular Dreads I'm pretty sure.
Dismembered
I'm in. No repeat of this year...
pion
yes
AJ-CRISIS
I, Aaron Blackley, shall be there good people smile.gif
Behemoth
QUOTE(Dismembered @ Oct 11 2013, 07:06 PM) *

I'm in. No repeat of this year...

Get your list in early - it's worth 5 points.
ru486baby
QUOTE(AJ-CRISIS @ Oct 11 2013, 06:17 PM) *

I, Aaron Blackley, shall be there good people smile.gif

######INGGRUDGEMOTHER######ER
Monkey
QUOTE(DEBO @ Oct 11 2013, 05:25 PM) *

Buddha had 2 at Redemption as regular Dreads I'm pretty sure.

He did, but I want to use the rules that go with it!
death jester
Here here let the monkey have his banana it's no scarier than a riptide live a little Simon

I'm going to grudge josh he has no choice in the matter
Origin
I'm in.
Behemoth
QUOTE(death jester @ Oct 12 2013, 09:10 AM) *

Here here let the monkey have his banana it's no scarier than a riptide live a little Simon
I'm going to grudge josh he has no choice in the matter

Which Josh? P or L.
Buddha
I am in smile.gif 2000 points eh?

Quick Q; all Fortifications allowed? New ones? Fortress?
Behemoth
QUOTE(Buddha @ Oct 12 2013, 01:29 PM) *

Quick Q; all Fortifications allowed? New ones? Fortress?

Yes - though I don't know the points costs of the new ones.
death jester
Josh l
deadmuppet
might as well slap my name down. Mat,Cross
ru486baby
Are the new data slabs or faxes thingy allowed???
defult06
QUOTE(ru486baby @ Dec 4 2013, 09:39 AM) *

Trying for inquisitor taudar marines? Or the khorne psycher?
barit
QUOTE(defult06 @ Dec 4 2013, 11:10 AM) *

Trying for inquisitor taudar marines? Or the khorne psycher?

Tau Support Fire Cadre probably, 5 riptides is just nasty.

Or Belakor is pretty kick ass...
defult06
QUOTE(barit @ Dec 4 2013, 01:24 PM) *

Tau Support Fire Cadre probably, 5 riptides is just nasty.

Or Belakor is pretty kick ass...

Can do 5 riptides with farsight/tau.

Can do 6 with tau/tau/tau
deadmuppet
how many riptides does it take to have no friends?
defult06
QUOTE(deadmuppet @ Dec 4 2013, 02:19 PM) *

how many riptides does it take to have no friends?

2 really pretty ones biggrin.gif
ru486baby
You lot are hopeless

Farsight/S.M
Tau & inquis.
defult06
QUOTE(ru486baby @ Dec 4 2013, 06:22 PM) *

You lot are hopeless

Farsight/S.M
Tau & inquis.

I was close I said taudar Marines and inquisitor

Just realised you can now do trip wraithknights and triptides in the same list
Behemoth
QUOTE(ru486baby @ Dec 4 2013, 10:09 AM) *

No.

Reason - cause!

Seriously considering making it hard copy codex's only (printing out an e version doesn't count).
Charlie_W
Restrictions are a deterrent to attendance.
Behemoth
QUOTE(Charlie_W @ Dec 4 2013, 09:47 PM) *

Restrictions are a deterrent to attendance.

Insane combo's are a deterrent to others.
Behemoth
Ok, the longer version of "no - cause".

While the new updates may be great for the variety aspect of the game in an individual game sense I think it is a deterrent in a tournament perspective.

As a TO, the constant changes are coming too fast and for someone like me (old fart), I do not have access to all the e only stuff so I cannot properly check lists. I am therefore not up to date on rules and interpretations so it's beginning to be too much effort to organise a tourney. I have a lot of other things I could be doing.

Attendance numbers are down at tourneys and I think the best way to get them back up it to keep it simple. Unfortunately, GW is doing everything it can to mess with this. The only people the new updates are going to benefit are the experienced tournament players anyway. I don't want to alienate that core group of players but if every new player at a tourney gets totally stomped on then they are less likely to attend another tourney. This is a bad outcome in the longer term.

A bit part of this is 6th ed itself as it's more rock/paper/scissors and it is also my personal 'old school 40k' bias. There seems to be less and less pride in an individual army and these new updates simple make that more pronounced. This is not a good thing in my opinion.

14 players so far for Dauthus next year. I think the numbers show that interest is down and blindly following every update GW decides is a good money spinner for them does also translate into a good idea for tournaments.

Charlie_W
Sorry to be brutally honest, but the players winning games and tournaments are not winning because of supplements or double FOC or any other new variation of the traditional FOC; they are winning because they are playing better.

Restrictions are not going to stop the better players from winning. Restrictions just stop all players from building lists to suit their own tastes within the constraints of the official rules of the game.

There are plenty of ways to roflstomp with a single Detachment from a single standard Codex. Restricting supplements will not eliminate "insane combos".
Origin
Agreed. Charles is on the money.

As much as a i really hate the current insanity any restrictions can still be gamed.

Perhaps the awards and prizes need to be adjusted to recruit the player and play style that you prefer Simon.
deadmuppet

Or u can split a tournment up.

One side can be people who play to enjoy the game have good games roll some dice and talk ####. The other side with all the people who just want to win at all costs. Just because gw brings out rules that change the game it doesnt mean u have to play/abuse combos. If u want to do that then play a friendly game with ur mate. Do u feel u need to do that to win just because someone else is going to? If thats the case then its the core group with the problem not the rules. Just because something is non comp it doesnt mean u have u be a dick? Or does it? With 6th edd came alot of non comp and tournments have droped in half with numbers.... I wonder why.
cool_conoly
QUOTE(deadmuppet @ Dec 5 2013, 09:59 AM) *

One side can be people who play to enjoy the game have good games roll some dice and talk ####. The other side with all the people who just want to win at all costs. Just because gw brings out rules that change the game it doesnt mean u have to play/abuse combos. If u want to do that then play a friendly game with ur mate. Do u feel u need to do that to win just because someone else is going to? If thats the case then its the core group with the problem not the rules. Just because something is non comp it doesnt mean u have u be a dick? Or does it? With 6th edd came alot of non comp and tournments have droped in half with numbers.... I wonder why.

No 5th ed had just as many no comp events. Its 6th overall thats reduced numbers.

im going to back Simon here, there is too much being regurgitated out atm in the form of digital only and it will create issues down the track.

Restrictions are not a good thing, on that I agree. But simon isnt saying you cant take tau allies. What hes sayibg is you have to follow the 40k rulebook to get those allies, not a digital only download that says you can field tau without having to field an allied detachment.

In the end your normal Ks player isnt going to care whether he can field the tau firebase, and TBH *most* competitive gamers that ive spoken too about these dataslates feel that just like FW they are things that a TO can and should be able to make a decision on whether to allow
Monkey
5th had a better environment though, Adam.
4ndi
QUOTE(deadmuppet @ Dec 5 2013, 08:59 AM) *

Whats the average attendance numbers for a wh40k tournament in SA? 15-20? I think that wouldn't work so well.
Than again who decides what is fun...

I am on Simon's site on this one, normal alias/codex as per rulebook, which excludes small stuff like dataslides, escalation etc.

I would go further and think about a tournament with no alias, no spaming of non Infantry models allowed, no single models above 150pts allowed, etc.
I think that help older Codex a lot and might help to get more Ppl to a tournament.
deadmuppet
QUOTE(4ndi @ Dec 5 2013, 01:25 PM) *

Whats the average attendance numbers for a wh40k tournament in SA? 15-20? I think that wouldn't work so well.

that was more of a statement over a recommendation.

and who decides what is fun...

umm you do.

their are things in the rules that dont need to be used in a tournament. I hate using mysterious objectives for eg. in most player backs u don't see them being used. because their stupid.

on a happy note im keen to play a 2k game as i have never played one before.
4ndi
Come to my place if u wanna lay a 2k earlier tongue.gif
deadmuppet
nah that's alright i would prefer a challange tongue.gif

i prob can thursday night if ur keen?
Paddlepop Lion
Im interested.
Charlie_W
I think that resistance to digital content will ultimately prove futile, and foolish in retrospect. It's 2013 guys, the fact that paper publication is still considered the default medium in this hobby is amazeballs tongue.gif

I do recognise the difficulty for a TO to check lists these days, but I think the answer to that issue is peer review not restrictions. Everyone submits lists, TO publishes them all, players collectively scrutinise. Any list errors will be found and flagged pretty quickly I think...

As for people playing to win versus playing for lolz (and I don't think the two are actually mutually exclusive) this is an attitude thing not a rules thing. History should have taught us by now that Comp, restrictions, and soft scoring does not reduce competitive drive or the occasional bad behaviour. Different players play for different reasons, and players need to accept that diversity if they want to play in an environment where they do not choose their opponent (i.e. a tournament).
barit
So after having a gander at the escalation book, really anyone dumping that many points into a single unit is really taking a gamble. I dont see them being an issue at any points range.

There is also a new warlord chart that opponents can roll on when they are facing an apoc sized creature/walker/vehicle that is pretty nifty. Also every damage point you do to a super heavy counts as a VP in all game types.

Simon, your event mate so set restrictions as you like - there is always those who will be on the latest power build but its a tournament, dice can roll badly and your units count for much less than you planned for so at the end of the day it really doesnt matter all that much.

I would love to see the return of more people, was it 2 years ago that there was 50 or so at Dauthus? Would be great to see that again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.