Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Potential change of venue
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC
Pasperou
Hi guys, just opening discussion for a potential change of venue/night/time. Games Laboratory is the current proposed new venue, thought we should discuss details and see what days suit people.

My suggestion would be either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, as Friday is packed out by magic players, Monday is never a good night to organise things. My vote, given how the store operates, would be for Wed.

If we want we can set up a small 750-1000 point league and have a weekly meet, or keep it informally organised. We'd need to organised boards/terrain, but we should be able to leave most/all of it on site. This could also be made available for weekend gaming. We would be able to advertise on both the games lab website and facebook page for our events/meeting times.

Thoughts?

Phil
jimjimjimmyjim
This may be also ideal for Wednesday warriors smile.gif

But I'm inboard with this, as I have only been able to dedicate each fortnight time-wise to GnD!

I would propose that we keep the name, which also allows for the this existing forum/thread to continue with all the posts that are already here.

Eager to hear people's thoughts biggrin.gif
Forik
games lab is a wonderful venue, i may pop along sometime if you move there.
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 12 2013, 06:04 PM) *

This may be also ideal for Wednesday warriors smile.gif

But I'm inboard with this, as I have only been able to dedicate each fortnight time-wise to GnD!

I would propose that we keep the name, which also allows for the this existing forum/thread to continue with all the posts that are already here.

Eager to hear people's thoughts biggrin.gif

And since there are a couple of nice asian resturants next door, we can keep the dumplings too!
jimjimjimmyjim
I'm happy to get us started.

Would anyone like a game of 40k @ 1000pts, on the 16th?
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 14 2013, 01:02 AM) *

I'm happy to get us started.

Would anyone like a game of 40k @ 1000pts, on the 16th?

I had just attempted to organise diceroller2 for a game before I read this, so if he can't play then I'm a lock to have a game with you. Either way we'll kickstart this thing on Wednesday! Hopefully with two tables going at once.

Any thoughts on terrain? And boards? I don't mind chipping in to buy some modular ones, but if people have them already and spare I won't bother.
Sybarite
I will see if I can make it on wensday I think it is a good venue
Pasperou
I'll be there from 4 or 5.
jimjimjimmyjim
I probably won't get there till later.

What time does the store close?
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 14 2013, 09:00 PM) *

I probably won't get there till later.

What time does the store close?

I'll just be playing some magic and chilling, come in whenever. Around 10:30 \ 11pm I'd say. What shall we do about terrain?
jimjimjimmyjim
I will grab some terrain.

But I'll probably be there at 7ish
Pasperou
Awesome, see you there.
Pasperou
I'll be upstairs.
jimjimjimmyjim
Was good to play tonight.

It was pitted against orks with eldar, eldar only getting the narrow win in the end. Here are some pics:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Pasperou
Very gallant and generous of you sir! Happy that Morkhammer was the last unit on the table, well, apart from the stoopid wagon that was stoopid 50% of the time.

Very impressed with the raw power of the artillery. 30 points is veeeeery cheap, they made mince meat out of my poor, over costed stormboys.

Was a lot of fun, looking forward to another game soon.

jimjimjimmyjim
Yes I guess I didn't really think too much about it, but after pairing the idea o 48" S6* AP6 barrage 1, large blast and the rediculous pts values I'm convince its made of pure cheese!
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 17 2013, 02:15 AM) *

Yes I guess I didn't really think too much about it, but after pairing the idea o 48" S6* AP6 barrage 1, large blast and the rediculous pts values I'm convince its made of pure cheese!

Yeah, its pretty funky. Particularly against tshirt saves ha. I'm guessing that it is at it's best against orks, and nids, though. Probably orks since nids seem to tend towards monstrous creatures these days (I think?).
Forik
QUOTE(Pasperou @ Oct 17 2013, 09:24 AM) *

Yeah, its pretty funky. Particularly against tshirt saves ha. I'm guessing that it is at it's best against orks, and nids, though. Probably orks since nids seem to tend towards monstrous creatures these days (I think?).

depends on your meta, i'm not sure about 40k too much these days.
jimjimjimmyjim
Actually barrage are good against tanks too especially this, due toots vehicles not having an I value the S becomes 7 and barrage weapons always hit side armour value
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 17 2013, 05:59 PM) *

Actually barrage are good against tanks too especially this, due toots vehicles not having an I value the S becomes 7 and barrage weapons always hit side armour value

They're just very efficient generally in that case. Their downside is that they're reasonably immobile. But they seem to be slightly better than other artillery, point for point. They're the same price as ork big gunz... tongue.gif
jimjimjimmyjim
they are barrage and with 48" range you generally wont need them to move much

ok so the missus said its ok for me to go to games next weds as well so I will see you again with my orks this time at 7?
Pasperou
Hells yeah. How many points?
jimjimjimmyjim
What's your limit (comfortably)?
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 19 2013, 12:18 AM) *

In terms of carrying or time limit ha? I recon we'd be pushing it with 1500 points, time wise.

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 19 2013, 12:18 AM) *

In terms of carrying or time limit ha? I recon we'd be pushing it with 1500 points, time wise.
jimjimjimmyjim
1500 should be good.

Last time we wasted a lot of time try to organise the table etc...

This time we should be good smile.gif
Pasperou
We could test for arc, so 1200? That's what I'm preparing myself for, painting wise.
jimjimjimmyjim
Arc is 1350.

If we r testing for arc I will bring my tau
Pasperou
For testing purposes, or because that's what you'll be running?
jimjimjimmyjim
I'm hoping to test a list, as I'm uncertain if I will be playing tau or eldar - or both. I'm kinda sitting on the fence about it :-/

So I may mash up a comp friendly tau list and see what I get.

Otherwise the eldar list will be something like

Avatar, wraith lord, wraith lord, wraithknight, and some little guys! = not friendly but will be comped!
Pasperou
QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Oct 20 2013, 08:57 PM) *

I'm hoping to test a list, as I'm uncertain if I will be playing tau or eldar - or both. I'm kinda sitting on the fence about it :-/

So I may mash up a comp friendly tau list and see what I get.

Otherwise the eldar list will be something like

Avatar, wraith lord, wraith lord, wraithknight, and some little guys! = not friendly but will be comped!

I'm sure it will be fine. I'll put up my list for comping in the army list section soon smile.gif.
jimjimjimmyjim
Same I'm thinking about it too
jimjimjimmyjim
I just put my list up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.