Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NSW Masters Smack Talk
WargamerAU Forums > Tournaments and Conventions > NSW tournaments and conventions
Pages: 1, 2
wynen11
Ok my list is in - bring it on!! armata_PDT_36.gif

My predictions:

- Top 3 places will go to Lords of the Garage players biggrin.gif Also 2nd last (sorry Jimmy!) wink.gif

- Over 50% of the field will bring dirty, dirty 'Crons or dirty, dirty Tau... -CORRECT

- Both 4th and Last place will be Eldar players

- Kirby will not make it through Game 1... -CORRECT

- Mono will do better than last year, but no-one will care as there's no way he's getting anywhere near the Top 8 tongue.gif

- Fateweaver will take at least 1 wound due to being grounded, despite having a 2++ re-rollable save and potentially re-rolling the grounding test...

- All Lords of the Garage players will show up visibly hungover for Day 2. It won't really matter as they will be playing each other for both games on day 2 blink.gif

- Andrew Wynen will submarine into 1st Place armata_PDT_36.gif
Mono
to do better I just need to win 1 game

and who are you kidding the garage boys will turn up hung over to both days

The real question is how much time will Jimmy spend collecting his army from around the room
Mono
does it count for the kirby line as he won't be there and so won't make it to game 1?
Bassface
My predictions;

Everyone will ignore Andrew as usual
Angmar
I know what Andrew is using, Andrew is dreaming, the end.
Kirby
Kirby will be beating up the American hotshots rather than standing near any Wynens.
jasonc
Doug will tell me my army shouldn't be allowed at some point smile.gif some kind of yelling will be involved...
The Dark Angel
QUOTE(Angmar @ Nov 1 2013, 06:29 PM) *

I know what Andrew is using, Andrew is dreaming, the end.

Hey he can win, as long as he goes first every game and doesn't face serpent spam.
Starfire
... Or a 13yo with Tyranids. unsure.gif
Angmar
QUOTE(The Dark Angel @ Nov 2 2013, 12:51 AM) *

Hey he can win, as long as he goes first every game and doesn't face serpent spam.

Or tau, or necrons, or space marines, or 2+ rerollable saves in the form of daemons
duke69
QUOTE(jasonc @ Nov 2 2013, 12:17 AM) *

Doug will tell me my army shouldn't be allowed at some point smile.gif some kind of yelling will be involved...

I wont complain about the army knowing the sort of rules lawyer you are, just the cheesy git playing it, but at least you designed your own army, not the standard cut and paste like so many others.
Mono
QUOTE(The Dark Angel @ Nov 2 2013, 12:51 AM) *

Don't forget needing night fight first turn as well
Bassface
QUOTE(Mono @ Nov 11 2013, 11:16 PM) *

Don't forget needing night fight first turn as well

In fact,

so long as none of his opponents turn up

Andrew should do great!
rohnan

So predictions eh..
1) If Andrew plays Jarred at some stage, it will be the friendliest game in the history of 40k..

2) By the same logic, Lee vs Collins will be the most devious game in history of 40k, filled with rules questions and strategies no sane person would normally think of.. (no Jason you can't get a 7 on the damage chart dry.gif )

3) Any game against Jimmy will be the most frustrating experience a player will have over the weekend..

4) Two biker armies will line up against one another. Both will scout 12" from each other and the dude going second will play for the seize biggrin.gif

5) If I somehow luck it out against Teoh round 1, I've got masters in the bag!

oh and to every opponent that beats Andrew, ill buy you a beer smile.gif
wynen11
QUOTE(Bassface @ Nov 12 2013, 11:46 AM) *

Andrew should do great!

Thanks Jimmy biggrin.gif !
jasonc
QUOTE(rohnan @ Nov 12 2013, 01:12 PM) *

So predictions eh..
1) If Andrew plays Jarred at some stage, it will be the friendliest game in the history of 40k..

2) By the same logic, Lee vs Collins will be the most devious game in history of 40k, filled with rules questions and strategies no sane person would normally think of.. (no Jason you can't get a 7 on the damage chart dry.gif )

3) Any game against Jimmy will be the most frustrating experience a player will have over the weekend..

4) Two biker armies will line up against one another. Both will scout 12" from each other and the dude going second will play for the seize biggrin.gif

I aim to please smile.gif

Just to clarify, when you talk about 'beating' Andrew...
rohnan

[/quote]

lol, pretty sure this is my point exactly biggrin.gif
But I can your point... Let's go 'beat' in a 40k sense
Mono

So predictions eh..

1) just bring a bucket for Jareds dice to be checked in, he's a nice guy but his dice sometimes work too well

2) Collins will win because Lee will get half the rules wrong and forget the other half while his brain plays faster than his hands and mouth can keep up with

3) Unless he plays a Tau Commander Donkey Punch then it will be the funniest game ever

4) or the game will end up as a perfect draw as neither side kills anything and hold equal points of objectives

5) I would say I could spoil your chances but I don't see us playing, I just don't see things going that well for me
Bassface

It's not the game, it's the 20 odd rolls on various tables before the game. My tactics are that by the time I've finished rolling, my opponent's given up biggrin.gif
Mono
QUOTE(Bassface @ Nov 12 2013, 02:30 PM) *

It's not the game, it's the 20 odd rolls on various tables before the game. My tactics are that by the time I've finished rolling, my opponent's given up biggrin.gif

Its not the rolls its telling the other player what they all mean and seeing them go cross eyed half way through
jasonc
Pftt.

My list has up to 26 psyker powers. Try keeping that in your head smile.gif
Mono
and just to annoy your opponent each psyker type has the same model and paint job right?

no, no , no you didn't kill the guy with useful powers you killed the useless one that looks exactly the same
Angmar
QUOTE(Mono @ Nov 12 2013, 05:12 PM) *

and just to annoy your opponent each psyker type has the same model and paint job right?
no, no , no you didn't kill the guy with useful powers you killed the useless one that looks exactly the same

If he does that... Well, we have a stair case tongue.gif
wynen11
QUOTE(Angmar @ Nov 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *

If he does that... Well, we have a stair case tongue.gif

You heard it here first: all rules disputes will be resolved via staircase...

Every opponent I beat I will buy a beer. And my beers are better than Rohnan's.

Speaking of... Are there any plans to do dinner and/or heavy drinking on Sat night?
Angmar
My last exam is on Monday, otherwise I'd be keen for some heavy drinking!
The Dark Angel

Yes

QUOTE(jasonc @ Nov 12 2013, 01:32 PM) *

and yes

QUOTE(jasonc @ Nov 12 2013, 02:50 PM) *

My list has up to 26 psyker powers. Try keeping that in your head smile.gif

I'm only counting 16 damn it!

QUOTE(wynen11 @ Nov 12 2013, 06:06 PM) *

You heard it here first: all rules disputes will be resolved via staircase...
Every opponent I beat I will buy a beer. And my beers are better than Rohnan's.
Speaking of... Are there any plans to do dinner and/or heavy drinking on Sat night?

I'd be happy to T.O approve that if Julian agrees.

By the way guys it's looking like my flames of war event won't run this weekend. If so i'll be down accepting bribes* for re-rolls, W/L accidental wrong inputs etc etc.

*Bribes would be preferably be alcoholic beverages
jasonc
Runes of battle powers are 2 for 1
The Dark Angel
QUOTE(jasonc @ Nov 12 2013, 07:30 PM) *

Runes of battle powers are 2 for 1

Ah, derp.

But where's the fun without psychic shriek.
For the Horde

So predictions eh..

Haha true to point 1. We are always lucky to finish a game on time
Bassface
QUOTE(Angmar @ Nov 12 2013, 06:15 PM) *

My last exam is on Monday, I'd be keen for some heavy drinking!

Awesome! Let's go! tongue.gif
Angmar
QUOTE(Bassface @ Nov 14 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Awesome! Let's go! tongue.gif

That would be nice! sad.gif
Mono
Will there be prizes for the best game of hide the ent?
Bassface
QUOTE(Mono @ Nov 14 2013, 05:46 PM) *

Will there be prizes for the best game of hide the ent?

Do I need to bring an extra "dummy" Daemon Prince for you lot to play with? dry.gif

Otherwise I may have to reserve the one that goes missing, and hope I find it before T2 rolleyes.gif
Mono
I will just make sure that all the big demons decide to play

Jared, would before game 3 be a good time to play for you?
Asmodean
You will all be defeated!

But not by me sad.gif

Since I now have to babysit my kids instead of thrashing all and sundry - so sorry guys I hope that my absence doesn't cause too many issues.
Bassface
Troy Wynen has offered to step up in Jason's place.

Let me know ASAP and we'll bring him along smile.gif
jasonc
Bring Troy along - he can play as a by player.

He won't have to pay entry but won't be eligible for position etc, sound good?
wynen11
Haha, if he can take out a top 4 spot I think he deserves it!!

Sounds good, we'll see you there.
jasonc
We'll see smile.gif

To be fair though, being an invite event it could be unfair to others who missed out.

Mm I'm happy either way. If he wants to pay entry, he'll be eligible for anything, unless people have a significant issue with it.
hxcpotato
I will get RankingsHQ point though right....?

(This is Troy Wynen)
jasonc
For people who are on my Facebook Ive added an albumn with pictures of the terrain set up.

I might change the terrain for day two to ensure no one plays on the same table, but we'll see.
jasonc
Re rankingsHQ if you enter the tournament (paid entry) etc then you'll be entitled to rankings + prizes.
hxcpotato
Troy's had to pull (it) out! sad.gif

just like at the movies, whoooooooo

jk, he's still coming! Whoooooo!!!!! armata_PDT_37.gif
jasonc
Mat Cook will take his spot (also using tau)
hxcpotato
Hold up! Troys still coming...
jasonc
What do I do now? I've called another player and they're driving in to be on time.
hxcpotato
Sorry dude, my post was edited for 22minutes before your post about mat cook went up. Also on the way to be on time.
Starfire
Hahaha, this just got awkward!
wynen11
So let's see how i went:

QUOTE(wynen11 @ Oct 31 2013, 07:28 PM) *

My predictions:

- Top 3 places will go to Lords of the Garage players biggrin.gif WRONG. But this was so close it's crazy!! Also 2nd last (sorry Jimmy!) wink.gif POSSIBLY CORRECT. I don't know how how Jimmy went, i was too busy playing on the big boys' tables armata_PDT_34.gif

- Over 50% of the field will bring dirty, dirty 'Crons or dirty, dirty Tau... CORRECT

- Both 4th and Last place will be Eldar players WRONG

- Kirby will not make it through Game 1... CORRECT

- Mono will do better than last year, but no-one will care as there's no way he's getting anywhere near the Top 8 tongue.gif CORRECT

- Fateweaver will take at least 1 wound due to being grounded, despite having a 2++ re-rollable save and potentially re-rolling the grounding test... WRONG. He did cop an orbital bombardment to the face though huh.gif

- All Lords of the Garage players will show up visibly hungover for Day 2. It won't really matter as they will be playing each other for both games on day 2 blink.gif WRONG. But again so damn close![b]

- Andrew Wynen will submarine into 1st Place
armata_PDT_36.gif

WRONG. Worst submarine ever...

Starfire
Can we smack talk the TO into posting results?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.