Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on custom trays
WargamerAU Forums > WargamerAU > Sponsors Billboard > Minisoft
Dru
I want to store and transport my flames of war buildings in a more secure way (and easier to access then individual wrapping them!). Do you do custom trays?

Thanks
Dru
rathpex
Not as such. How big are the buildings? Are they the battlefield in a box stuff?
Dru
yeah battlefield in a box. I can measure some up.
rathpex
Either that or just send me a link of what/how much you have.
cmdr_roy
I have the same problem.
12 houses + the accessories.
rathpex
Roy, perhaps we should meet up somewhere and I can bring along some trays and if you have some of those houses we can try and work out what would be best?

I dont quite know how big they are but I assume that a heavy cavalry set could be the way to go.

Thanks to Dru, I have decided that i will store my own terrain in cases now biggrin.gif

I got most of it packed into the foam, I just couldnt get that really nice tree castle in... sad.gif it was just too big!
Dru
Cool let me know how it goes with Roys stuff.
cmdr_roy
Ya.
I have some here in the apartment.
HumanSponge
let me know also (I am assuming you guys went for the subscription)
rathpex
Sorry Roy, I'll shoot you a pm tomorrow night. I'm exhausted tonight
cmdr_roy
<applies back rub>

Ok so they are 3 pieces each, length (85mm), width (68mm), height (35mm).
Only protrusion is the chimney stack.
If you were going to make a single cavity and lie them down as a stack then 115mm would see the chimney clear but then allow rattle unless you used extra foam to cushion the angled bits.
Does that make sense?
The entire collection is 12 house plus some outhouse accessories which I don't have with me.

IPB Image
Dru
Also chimney in different spots for some houses.
cmdr_roy
Ugh good point.
rathpex
Okay thanks.

Let me review tonight. I will have time. This week has just gotten away from me.

I don't even remember Tuesday tongue.gif
rathpex
Roy, I just went to have a look at the photo with the ruler to give guidance but its gone!
rathpex
going by the dimensions I think you that you will be best off using the heavy infantry trays.

You can get 3 trays per case. Each tray will be able to hold 6 houses; provided that each segment of the house is as described above:

length (85mm), width (68mm), height (35mm).

You can combine two cells into one and it will pretty much fit it in. It would be 90x60x40. I think that the 60mm width should be okay. Im happy to get a tray to you so you can doctor it up and see if it will work or not. I am pretty confident that it will be okay

Is it convenient to keep them in 3 separate parts?

Please see the pics as follows:

IPB Image
IPB Image
Dru
Cool. Can Roy try it out and post back results/photo?
rathpex
yep, I shot you both a PM
cmdr_roy
Yeah looks like a solution, just need to organise a tray hookup smile.gif
cmdr_roy
Okies, thanks to Rathpex for a test tray!
I've taken some foam bits out to fit the pieces in each section.
It's a bit tight and the roof doesn't sit 100% but they are pretty rugged pieces, I would suggest offsetting the roofs between each layer so they aren't on top of each other.
2 trays will do a dozen, I'm thinking I will cut two of them in half so I can stack 3 halves on one side of the case and the other on the other side.
This will leave a larger double depth cavity for storing train station, road, rail, church etc if you have them.
Probably get some pluck foam the right thickness from Clark Rubber for that section though.
Thanks Pieres!

IPB Image

IPB Image
Kinsmanalike
Great idea storing terrain. Hard cases also means durable when transporting and great foam is gentle inside.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.