Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Tale of Duelling Gamers 2014
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > Hampton Games Club
Pudding Wrestler
Duelling Paintbrushes is back this year, with a new format (again!) and a new emphasis.
From the rules document:
[The objective is]To build up a Warhammer/Warhammer 40,000/Bolt Action army over a period of months, reporting on progress along the way. The challenge is designed to show new gamers how they can build up an effective army without blowing their budgets over a period of months, and how this can be a much more relaxed process than the insane flurry that is Duelling Paintbrushes. We also aim to show how, through cunning application of buying second hand or on special (or from Mantic!) you can acumulate $700 worth of GW stuff for a fraction of the cost.

You can read all about it here.

What you can do here is discuss it where your benevolent, but facebookless organiser can see what the hell is going on.

The first order of business is the divisions. Due to interest amongst the great mass of Bolt Action aficionados, we'll be running two divisions - GW and BA. Someone with more experience of BA than me might be helpful as I am informed by reliable sources that the prices are lower than those charged by GW. We might need to set a different budget for Bolt Action is what I am saying.
Pudding Wrestler
Thos wishing to participate should reply with their name, game system and army. I'll add them to some form of list.

Possibly this one:
  • Owen: WFB; Chaos. Mostly Slaanesh, but some Tzeentch might creep in.
  • Matt: WFB; Probably nothing.
  • Justin: 40K; Orks
  • Greg: WFB; Dwarves.
  • Peter: WFB; Wood Elves.
  • Chris: 40K; No idea (kinda sorta in)
  • Son of Chris: WFB/KOW (kinda sorta also in)
  • Nick the Englishman: WFB: Wood Elves.
  • Rupert: WFB: Dwarves.
  • Nick: WFB: Chaos Warriors.
As mentioned in the Google Drive doc, Bolt Actioners are welcome, but since $700 worth of BA is... a lot (Or, two copies of the Pegasus Bridge starter, plus most of a starter force...), we need to settle on an appropriate BA monthly budget. Bolt Actioners are welcome to post their ideas on this budget. I shall consult with certain oracles (possibly appointing one of them the BA Guy-wot-runs-things) and amend the rules as we see fit.
Pudding Wrestler
El Presidente Gregory Johnson has confirmed his intention to paint...
DWARVES!

What do you intend to paint?
firelupus
Hi I am not a Hampton member, but i wish to join the crazyness of Dueling Gamers.

Peter WFB -Woodelves

It will give me the incentive i need to start the army and finish it( which as most will know is the hard part)

Cheers
Lupus
Pudding Wrestler
QUOTE(firelupus @ Mar 14 2014, 08:24 PM) *

Hi I am not a Hampton member, but i wish to join the crazyness of Dueling Gamers.

Peter WFB -Woodelves

It will give me the incentive i need to start the army and finish it( which as most will know is the hard part)

Cheers
Lupus

Welcome oh Lupus! May your paintbrush always paint true!
You shall be added to The List. When we get underway, post a link to your blog here so that the teeming multitudes may gasp at your magnificent works.
Pudding Wrestler
Time to join in is running short noble sirs! Sign up today to achieve remarkably high levels of awesomeness as become 500X more attractive to the opposite sex!*

*results may vary. not based on any scientific testing. or anything at all really.
firelupus
Looking forward to this.

my blog is in my sig.
christian.halverson
I'd love to join, but following rules when I am a gaming butterfly may not work for me but you have spurred me on to work with my son on finishing a couple of armies 1 for 40K and one for fantasy/kings of war. I will watch on with great interest. Best of luck everyone.

regards Chris
Pudding Wrestler
All Hail Chris and Son of Chris! May their paint never dry on the brush!
They have been added to The List.
Pudding Wrestler
All hail Nick the Englishman who has joined our ranks! May his brush never fray!
rupethebear
Hiya Pud,

I'll be keeping an eye on Pete and have agreed to finaly get the dust off my Dwarves and try this mythical thing called "Painting".

I'll figure out how to get blogged soon.
Rupert

p.s. http://rupethebear.blogspot.com.au/
Blogged effective.
firelupus
awesome blog name , and so you.
Pudding Wrestler
All hail Rupert! May his aerosol undercoat spray cans never clog!
niptip
So after a little bit of brainwashing from the Hoodling, I have decided to give this a crack as well. Going to work on my WoC.

https://denoftheeternalyouth.blogspot.com/

King Elmo
Pudding Wrestler
All hail Nick, may his chaos warriors remain distinct from mine!
christian.halverson
Well the gloves are off and in typically vampire counts fashion the hand went with it.

Yes Vampire counts it is, using second hand and mantic miniatures. Woo hoo.

Saving my self a packet but can't really see a huge army developing which is a rather nice benefit from the rules as I might get the minis painted in time.

Son of Chris looks like sticking with his 40K rather than moving onto the unpainted dwarf hordes or helping his paint challenged father!! Total painted as of 8.4.14....................0 but the first unit is glued and some paint exists on the minis.

Cheers Chris
firelupus
Awesome Chris, just avoid the new shiny things.
christian.halverson
1st regiment complete. The Grave Guard have awakened. The necromancer drags the chain a little. What to do next....................... werewolves or zombies............... werewolves methinks.
firelupus
And first month complete.
christian.halverson
Werewolves up on the blog
christian.halverson
July update at the end of August
christian.halverson
September is here and it is all coming to a close I asume.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.