Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introducing Knights of Dice
WargamerAU Forums > WargamerAU > Sponsors Billboard > Knights of Dice
Knights of Dice
G'day everyone, Viv here.

Some of you might remember me from the old days of Battle Bunker in Northcote, for those that don't, my name is Viv. I've been a gaming and hobby enthusiast for a long while now, its always been an interest and passion of mine. Over the years I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed some great times - and some not so great times - and it's feeling good to be getting back into my passion from a 'business' perspective.

What is Knights of Dice?

Well, I'm not sure I'm 100% on that myself. Since its 'inception' a while back, it was going to be another jump back into the retail game, we'd organised premises, trade agreements etc ... but that all fell through for reasons I don't feel like re-explaining; but I'm glad now that it didn't go ahead.

It was going to be a YouTube channel of a group of friends talking about miniatures, games etc ... but that fell through because I didn't pull my finger out.

Now, and this is much more committed ... my foray into the world of producing miniatures! We've spent a considerable amount of money on casting equipment, purchasing figure ranges, molding and casting accessories and loads of time thinking about where we want to take this adventure.

I'm looking forward to the journey ahead, its trials and challenges, learning from my (many I'm sure) mistakes and realising another dream (one being to own a hobby and game store, tick, done that) and that being to produce miniatures and games.

It will be a rough journey no doubt, with so many games and new companies being launched off of Kick Starter, and the proliferation of rules and miniatures this creates, we'll be but a small fish in the ocean ... but will hopefully grow into something meaningful.

We'll be using Wargamerau as another platform (along with our website, facebook, youtube and twitter) to keep in touch with people, our customers and the wants/needs that flow, never-ending, from this wonderful hobby we all share.

At this stage we have no set plans for producing any specific miniatures or games, and as such we've purchased two ranges from Ian KH (whom you may remember from Fiendish Fabrications) ... one being his old back catalogue of Fiendish Fabrications sculpts, and the more recent Pulp28's. Ian has a recognisable style, and whilst the miniatures appear to be 'simple and cartoonish', they allow for great exploration of painting styles and techniques whilst at the same time making me smile.

As time progresses and we become more proficient in the entire process of producing figures (concept, commission, sculpting, mastering, molding, casting etc) we'll look towards the possibilities of dedicated ranges/collections of miniatures, and possibly small scale skirmish games ... we'll see.

For now though, thanks for reading through my body of text and I hope one-day you'll have one of our miniatures (or many!) in your collections.

Cheers
Viv

hongihika
Hey Viv,

welcome back. I've been watching your videos on Youtube, and enjoying them immensely - you have a good 'presence' for video/audio. You should come on down to Little Wars this weekend and check out some games, do some networking etc. Maybe have a word with another miniatures manufacturer in Melb - i.e Nic and see what's what.

Ange isaid he's coming with some netrunner, might play some boardgames as well if you're interested...

Good luck!
Knights of Dice
QUOTE(hongihika @ May 26 2014, 03:08 PM) *

Hey Viv,

welcome back. I've been watching your videos on Youtube, and enjoying them immensely - you have a good 'presence' for video/audio. You should come on down to Little Wars this weekend and check out some games, do some networking etc. Maybe have a word with another miniatures manufacturer in Melb - i.e Nic and see what's what.

Ange isaid he's coming with some netrunner, might play some boardgames as well if you're interested...

Good luck!

This weekend! Wonderful ... will certainly come on down. Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.