Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaming at Ringwood
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Clubs Australia and NZ > VIC > Ringwood Wargaming Club
Andarus
Hi All,

I have recently moved close to Ringwood and am looking to start gaming again.

Sold off all my old stuff before leaving Queensland over 5 years ago and was wondering what games are played at Ringwood?

I think I am mostly priced out of the main GW games now so was hoping something else was available.

Willing to give most things a go.

Andrew
Durkah
QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 3 2015, 10:08 PM) *

Hi All,

I have recently moved close to Ringwood and am looking to start gaming again.

Sold off all my old stuff before leaving Queensland over 5 years ago and was wondering what games are played at Ringwood?

I think I am mostly priced out of the main GW games now so was hoping something else was available.

Willing to give most things a go.

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Club plays quite a few different games. 40k / Fantasy / Warmachine / Card games - Warmachine version of cards. Sometimes magic goes on, hex, board games. Infinity too I believe.

Depends on what you like and what you own. People have all sorts of random collections tongue.gif
Andarus
QUOTE(Durkah @ Feb 4 2015, 12:03 AM) *

Hey Andrew,

Club plays quite a few different games. 40k / Fantasy / Warmachine / Card games - Warmachine version of cards. Sometimes magic goes on, hex, board games. Infinity too I believe.

Depends on what you like and what you own. People have all sorts of random collections tongue.gif

Unfortunately I dont have anything to play with right now. Was looking at Saga and\or Bolt Action to get in to and see how I go from there.

If I can get a semi regular game of one of those it would be good. Obviously it will take me a month or so to get a force together

Andrew
Durkah
QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 4 2015, 07:41 AM) *

Unfortunately I dont have anything to play with right now. Was looking at Saga and\or Bolt Action to get in to and see how I go from there.

If I can get a semi regular game of one of those it would be good. Obviously it will take me a month or so to get a force together

Andrew

A couple of people own a few armies they are probably willing to sell off, myself included. Other people own lots of bits that they are happy to lend so you can try out a system or two.
Andarus
QUOTE(Durkah @ Feb 4 2015, 08:27 AM) *

A couple of people own a few armies they are probably willing to sell off, myself included. Other people own lots of bits that they are happy to lend so you can try out a system or two.

Might come to this weekends gaming session and meet people and see what is being played.

Where are the gaming sessions held?

Andrew
pauly139
Hi

My son has a large 40K Eldar army he is wanting to sell. It is largely unpainted so you would be free to give it whatever style you like. If you are interested I can bring it down for you to see.

Rgds
Paul

QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 4 2015, 11:13 AM) *

Might come to this weekends gaming session and meet people and see what is being played.

Andrew
Durkah
QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 4 2015, 11:13 AM) *

Andrew

The community hall next to Ringwood secondary college. In room 10.
Mone
Room 10 is right around the back of the hall, but you'll see the open door, and hear the sound of gamers hooting to lead the way.
Dr Lowbrow
Hey Andrew,

My names Edd, if you want an intro into warmachine or hordes I can give you a game, I'll be at the club on Sunday just ask for me
Nightstrikes85
I also have 40k or hordes that i can lend out if you are wanting to try the system
Andarus
Hi All,

Thanks for the offers.

I played a play through of warmachine a few years back but never went any further at the time.

Willing to give it or Hordes another look.
Jetty Smurf
QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 6 2015, 10:32 AM) *

Hi All,

Thanks for the offers.

I played a play through of warmachine a few years back but never went any further at the time.

Willing to give it or Hordes another look.

Hope to see you tomorrow! As said, there will be a few of us there. Don't worry, we don't bite. I'll also have my hordes stuff on me. biggrin.gif
Ostermann
QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 4 2015, 07:41 AM) *

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I am interested in playing some Bolt Action and have been looking for a club.

I'd be really interested in a semi-regular game, are there any other Bolt Action players at Ringwood? I'd definitely be interested in being a regular member if theres historical wargaming on regularly.

Cheers
Austin
Durkah
QUOTE(Ostermann @ Feb 9 2015, 11:43 PM) *

Hi Andrew

I'd be really interested in a semi-regular game, are there any other Bolt Action players at Ringwood? I'd definitely be interested in being a regular member if theres historical wargaming on regularly.

Cheers
Austin

Where are you located Austin?
Ostermann
QUOTE(Durkah @ Feb 10 2015, 12:19 AM) *

Where are you located Austin?

Eltham smile.gif but before I moved from NSW I traveled about 40 min for wargaming, so Ringwood is close enough for me

Austin
Jetty Smurf
QUOTE(Ostermann @ Feb 9 2015, 11:43 PM) *

Hi Andrew

Cheers
Austin

Although we don't have any current Bolt Action players at Ringwood, there's nothing stopping you/us from starting.

Always happy to add more/new games/players to the fold! biggrin.gif
Ostermann
QUOTE(Jetty Smurf @ Feb 13 2015, 03:45 PM) *

Although we don't have any current Bolt Action players at Ringwood, there's nothing stopping you/us from starting.

Always happy to add more/new games/players to the fold! biggrin.gif

Cheers smile.gif I'll most likely be able to come down for the 22nd smile.gif
Inquisitor
I am always looking to learn something new
Ostermann
QUOTE(Inquisitor @ Feb 13 2015, 08:27 PM) *

If it is ok with you guys and there is some interest I can bring down two small armies on the 22nd to show Bolt Action to anyone who is interested.

Only thing is that I would have to borrow some terrain as mine is still at the bottom of the lead pile.

Cheers
Austin
Ostermann
QUOTE(Inquisitor @ Feb 13 2015, 08:27 PM) *

If it is ok with you guys and there is some interest I can bring down two small armies on the 22nd to show Bolt Action to anyone who is interested.

Only thing is that I would have to borrow some terrain as mine is still at the bottom of the lead pile.

Cheers
Austin
Jetty Smurf
QUOTE(Ostermann @ Feb 20 2015, 11:03 AM) *

Cheers
Austin

No problem at all! biggrin.gif
Andarus
Hi Austin,

Missed the Bolt Action demo on Sunday but am still interested in Bolt Action.

What armies do you currently have? And what war period are they?

I was thinking of picking up a starter or just a small starting force for some fun

Andrew
Ded killy dakka dakka lad
Hey Guys Its Mitch here just wondering if anyone has a current edition ork codex i could look at next club date.

Also just for Simone here's my 1500 point green-tide list (using 6th ed for points ref)

HQ

Big Mek - 35
+Burna -20 (105)
+Kustom force field -50

Big Mek -35 (95)
+ shokk attack gun -60

Elites

burna Boys X15 - 225

Lootas X10 -150

Troops

Ork boyz mob X30 (Shoota Boyz) -180 (205)
+nob upgrade -10
+big shoota upgrade X3 -15

Ork boyz mob X30 (Shoota Boys) -180 -205
+nob upgrade -10
+big shoota upgrade X3 -15

Ork boyz mob X30 (slugga/choppa boyz) -180 (200)
+nob upgrade -10
+big shoota upgrade X2 -10

Ork boyz mob X30 (slugga/choppa boyz) -180 (190)
+nob upgrade -10

Heavy Support

Battlewagon -90
+big shootas X4 -20 (125)
+red paint job -5
+stikkbomb chukkas -5
+Grot riggers -5

Total : 1500
Ostermann
Hi Andrew

Glad to hear your interested. I currently have late war German and US armies

Unlike FOW, playing across different time periods is allowed and plays quite well, with an early war French list winning the last Melbourne tournament for example. People period select their lists for flavour mostly, my US list for example can be put together as early war with some minor list changes.

I am more than happy to bring them back in so you can try it out before buying some of your own. I have exams this coming week so it would have to be next Sunday (the 8th).

If anyone else is interested in another game I should be able to cobble together enough for four armies from my hordes.

Cheers
Austin

QUOTE(Andarus @ Feb 25 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Hi Austin,

Missed the Bolt Action demo on Sunday but am still interested in Bolt Action.

What armies do you currently have? And what war period are they?

I was thinking of picking up a starter or just a small starting force for some fun

Andrew

Inquisitor
QUOTE(Ostermann @ Feb 20 2015, 11:03 AM) *

Cheers
Austin

Hi oyster an I'm happy to have mother go at bolt action maybe some armour this time as I might look to get some sets soon
Ostermann
QUOTE(Inquisitor @ Mar 2 2015, 12:32 PM) *

Hi oyster an I'm happy to have mother go at bolt action maybe some armour this time as I might look to get some sets soon

Hi

I can come down this weekend to run another demo. I'll bring a couple small forces with some armour. I have a fair few vehicles actually.

Is there anything specific you want to try out aside from armour? flamethrowers, bazookas, artillery etc.?

Austin
Inquisitor
QUOTE(Ostermann @ Mar 2 2015, 02:34 PM) *

Hi

I can come down this weekend to run another demo. I'll bring a couple small forces with some armour. I have a fair few vehicles actually.

Is there anything specific you want to try out aside from armour? flamethrowers, bazookas, artillery etc.?

Austin

Hi Austin no worries I'm happy to give anything a go "Whacht am Rhein!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.