Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15mm Modern figures and vehicles
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Down Under > Modern & Historical Wargames > Flames of War
Andy-thompson
G'day all.

I picked up some Team Yankee figures during the week and was shocked by how much they were. It works out that each vehicle is around $20+ each, while a platoon of infantry is around $25+. It works out to be roughly $1.10 per figure. This of course depends on where you get them from. I've picked up some Zvezda Soviet vehicles for $13 each from a Newcastle hobby store which I think is a bargain.

The question I have is anyone else using different infantry like QRF, Peter Pig etc, and if so how do they compare for price?

Cheers,

Andy
GmanOz
QUOTE(Andy-thompson @ Mar 19 2016, 12:55 AM) *

G'day all.

I picked up some Team Yankee figures during the week and was shocked by how much they were. It works out that each vehicle is around $20+ each, while a platoon of infantry is around $25+. It works out to be roughly $1.10 per figure. This of course depends on where you get them from. I've picked up some Zvezda Soviet vehicles for $13 each from a Newcastle hobby store which I think is a bargain.

The question I have is anyone else using different infantry like QRF, Peter Pig etc, and if so how do they compare for price?

Cheers,

Andy

Peter Pig don't seem to match the period, more vietnam era or WWII, but could be wrong on that score.

QRF infantry are terrible compared to BF, may possibly be cheaper but the postage will kill you. They are very static in pose and long and thin figures. I don' t recommend them. You could try Khurusan but they tend to be both more modern and much more expensive.

I've got some lovely Irregular 15mm Soviets at home which I can show you next time we catch up but these guys were also more to buy than BF.

Only QRF seem to make a good range of modern 15mm vehicles and postage is vicious as they are all metal minis.
zap123
You could look at Eureka for Sovs. The minis are true 15 so wont mix with Battlefront, and with GST and postage they'll probably set you back $1 a figure, so not cheap. Also no SAM or ATGW teams, but they are pretty nice sculpts.
GmanOz
QUOTE(zap123 @ Mar 19 2016, 11:50 PM) *

You could look at Eureka for Sovs. The minis are true 15 so wont mix with Battlefront, and with GST and postage they'll probably set you back $1 a figure, so not cheap. Also no SAM or ATGW teams, but they are pretty nice sculpts.

Try the irregular miniatures, I was most impressed with them. They are a wider range and are true 80's minis unlike the Eureka stuff which are in modern uniforms from post 2000.

They also have a SA14 operator who comes up a treat and are cheaper.
Andy-thompson
I end up going with Eureka miniatures and they arrived today. I have to admit they are excellent looking figures. Very happy indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.