Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monday Knights Present Winter War Team Yankee
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Down Under > Modern & Historical Wargames > Flames of War
thefloppy1
The rules used will be Team Yankee including FAQ at www.team-yankee.com
Play will consist of three rounds on Saturday 29th July and two rounds on Sunday 30th July.
Players will use 15mm scale Team Yankee armies of up to 100 points from any Team Yankee intelligence briefing. Preference is for full painted miniatures, but because Team Yankee is relatively new, players will not be penalised if miniatures are only assembled or partially painted.

Terrain will be pre-set. Players are to take up to 5 minutes to discuss terrain and its effects on the game. Missions played will be determined by Battle Plans section of the More Missions download from www.team-yankee.com

Players must either have a printed sheet with their army list choices for each of their opponents, and either the relevant unit cards, or the relevant book for their army.

The draw will be by Swiss chess by accumulated Victory Point score with the best attempt made to match historical opponents.

If at any round an uneven number of players attend, a bye will be taken be the lowest ranked player who has yet to have a bye for the tournament. The bye will be worth 6 VP’s and a free drink at the bar.

Any rules disputes will be settled by one of three playing umpires. Playing umpires cannot settle rules disputes of a game they are involved in.

Trophies will be awarded to the top three placed players by VP. Countback for places shall be by the results of their games if they have played each other, otherwise by sum of opponent’s scores.

A Trophy will be awarded to the Best Army as voted by the players.

Army lists are to be emailed before Friday 21st July

Start Times : Saturday 29th 9am registration for 9.30 start
Sunday 30th 10am start.
GmanOz
Count me in. Sounds fantastic.

Team Yankee is a great set for tournament play and the Monday Knights always put on a great event.
Rod.H
So, that means no cardboard proxy BMPs & empty infantry stands!

I really need to start building and painting my TY stuff. Yes, I do have some. I've chosen: West Germany and that means Leopard 2's. May or may not do them in NATO standard camo, as there's the olive drab or WW2 US tank colour option.
thefloppy1
QUOTE(Rod.H @ Jun 18 2017, 12:18 AM) *

So, that means no cardboard proxy BMPs & empty infantry stands!

I really need to start building and painting my TY stuff. Yes, I do have some. I've chosen: West Germany and that means Leopard 2's. May or may not do them in NATO standard camo, as there's the olive drab or WW2 US tank colour option.

Yes Lord T, has had to go legit. At Badgercon last weekend he had a complete and legal army.

angelicus
I will talk to a few players here at NWA. We might pop down.
thefloppy1
QUOTE(angelicus @ Jul 3 2017, 12:20 PM) *

I will talk to a few players here at NWA. We might pop down.

Awesome, we look forward to it.
angelicus
how many tables would you be fielding roughly?
Rod.H
QUOTE(angelicus @ Jul 11 2017, 01:31 PM) *

how many tables would you be fielding roughly?

I'm thinking that they're going to try for twelve 6x4 tables, as they've at least that much terrain.
Rod.H
Floppy! I just realised that you forgot the email of where to send the lists: oates.andrew@gmail.com
thefloppy1
sorry yes that is correct, I tend not to post emails address how ever.

we can do 12 more tables.
Rod.H
That means your expecting 48 players, way more than the last FoW tournament I attended.
I know I'm planning on attending & will no doubt come dead last with a non-optimal against BMP hoard list.
thefloppy1
QUOTE(Rod.H @ Jul 22 2017, 10:18 PM) *

That means your expecting 48 players, way more than the last FoW tournament I attended.
I know I'm planning on attending & will no doubt come dead last with a non-optimal against BMP hoard list.

lol haha sorry I meant 12 or more Tables, Terrain gets a little thin after that.

we have 14 players signed up so far.

Still space for more.
We have players from QLD down as well.
Rod.H
I've a smattering of suitable terrain, thought's it's mostly water features - river, stream, lake - from randomly getting 'battlefield in a box' items. But I've enough to do the infamous 'quartered by water' table.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.