Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [KICKSTARTER] Battletech - Clan Invasion!!!
WargamerAU Forums > WargamerAU > Gaming News and Rumours
Pages: 1, 2
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(Mango @ Jul 25 2019, 04:33 PM) *

I actually wonder how many backers have actually played the game. Do they really know what they are buying or are they just buying the name?

That's a fair point. I think X% of backers would have been drawn to the game from the recent HBS Battletech PC game (which is frikken awesome) and/or MWO, MWLL or through advertising of the upcoming Mechwarrior 5.

My thoughts are that if these people don't like Classic Battletech, they may very well like Alpha Strike, or the RPG, and also that these people will (or should have) checked out;

1 - the free downloadable starter rules for either Classic Battletech or Alpha Strike to get a feel for them, or

2 - purchased the very cheap full rule sets from Drive Thru RPG or similar to get a feel for the rules, or

3 - watched the large amount of Youtube videos on how the game is played, or

4 - perhaps even purchase the Beginner Box Set to try the watered down version of CBT (which is now a legitimate way to play and does away with a lot of the record keeping of CBT).

Also, by the conclusion of the Kickstarter, every backer will receive a free PDF of the rules...so if it's really not what they want, they can always back out of the Kickstarter after reading the full rules...
Monkey Nuts
I've just ordered Thai take-away for the family, so I thought while I was waiting the 25 minutes before launching a retrieval mission, I would update the plastic Mech list we are seeing in this Kickstarter.

Also, my left testicle has a warm glowing feeling in it. The last time something like this happened, a Kickstarter I was backing announced an Australian Distribution Centre, however that was my right testicle...so I think we may be getting close...I'll keep you guys posted on any transitioning from left to right, as and when it happens.

Clan Invasion Box
Executioner
Timber Wolf
Nova
Grendel
Adder
2 x Points of Elemental Battle Armour

Clan Command Star
Dire Wolf
Stormcrow
Shadow Cat
Mist Lynx
Summoner

Inner Sphere Command Lance
Marauder
Archer
Valkyrie
Stinger

Clan Heavy Striker Star
Gargoyle
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Viper
Ice Ferret

Inner Sphere Battle Lance
Warhammer
Rifleman
Phoenix Hawk
Wasp

Clan Fire Star
Fire Moth
Kit Fox
Cougar
Nova Cat
Warhawk

Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance
Atlas
Marauder II
Orion
Crusader

Clan Pursuit Star
Fire Falcon
Arctic Cheetah
Hellion
Battle Cobra
Black Lanner

Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
Banshee
Grasshopper
Centurion
Hatchetman

Clan Heavy Battle Star
Turkina
Kingfisher
Crossbow
Ebon Jaguar
Huntsman

Inner Sphere Striker Lance
Blackjack
Panther
Wolfhound
Jenner

Clan Support Star
Kodiak
Supernova
Marauder IIC
Warhammer IIC
Hunchback IIC

Inner Sphere Fire Support Lance
Whitworth
Trebuchet
Bombardier
Longbow

Clan Light Fire Star
Howler
Solitaire
Incubus
Pack Hunter
Horned Owl

Inner Sphere Berserker Lance
Scarabus
Firestarter
Axeman
Berserker

Clan/IS ??? Star/Lance (this set of Mechs is currently being collated from backer poll)
???
???
???
???

Clan/IS ??? Star/Lance (this set of Mechs is currently being collated from backer poll)
???
???
???
???

Comstar Command Level II
King Crab
Highlander
Black knight
Exterminator
Hermes
Mercury

Comstar Battle Level II
Crockett
Flashman
Guillotine
Lancelot
Crab
Mongoose

Clan Elemental Star
Elemental Battle Armour Point

AGoAC Box Set + Beginner Box Set (you can also buy these Inner Sphere Mechs as add-ons sans the rest of the box set material)
Battlemaster
Awesome
Catapult
Commando
Griffin
Locust
Shadow Hawk
Thunderbolt
Wolverine
Kn'Thrak
I've backed at the $95 level.

Time to break out my grey and turquoise.
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(Kn'Thrak @ Jul 26 2019, 08:03 PM) *

I've backed at the $95 level.

Time to break out my grey and turquoise.

Sweet moves bro, I love your work!

What paint scheme/faction/merc company do you do with those colours?
Monkey Nuts
So, a new stretch goal is up, giving access to purchase the 5 x Clan Mechs from the Clan Invasion Box Set as an additional add-on for $25, which is fantastic, this means easier access to multiple Timber Wolf (AKA Mad Cat) Mechs!!!

It requires;

6000 backers (currently at 5176)
1000 Facebook Shares (currently at 816)
500 Twitter Re-tweets (currently at 434)

22 days to go, I think it is easily achievable smile.gif

Current funding is at $1,092,000 USD...I reckon it will break $2 million USD by campaign end!

Australia and New Zealand has a good showing so far...I think once they announce the Australian fulfilment/distribution centre, that the number of backers from our region will jump by a nice chunk!!!

Looks like Sydney has taken the lead from Melbourne, who held it for a while...

IPB Image
Monkey Nuts
We're doing fairly well with the stretch goal to have access to the 5 x Clan Mechs from the Clan Invasion Box Set...

1000 Facebook Shares required = Currently on 901
500 Twitter Retweets required = Currently on 463
6000 Backers required = Currently on 5216

...and we have 3 weeks to achieve those, easily done!

Also, some info was put up in the FAQ on the Kickstarter page regarding shipping. This assumes shipping for a country with a Fulfilment/Distribution Centre, which I am certain Australia will get.

"We are working to estimate that with different pledge managers and fulfillment companies. Here is what we've gathered so far:

Depending on the country, a STAR CAPTAIN pledge with a couple of small add-ons is looking to run about $20-ish. CGL pays the freight and VAT (when needed) to get it into the country. If the Mech Packs chosen necessitate a second wave, that would be $12-14 as well. So, worst case, around $30-34. but perhaps much better.

For larger pledges, and especially those who require a larger second-wave... Let's say STAR COLONEL with 8 Mech Pack add-ons (full set) 2 BattleMats and a half dozen faction packs to keep it interesting. This varies a lot more, but the average looks to be coming in at $27.50 (+/-$5) for the first wave, and $18.50-ish on the second wave.

Our goal is to get this locked down with hard costs very soon. but we wanted you to see what we are seeing. Please note: these are current estimates on average pledge. A lot of places charge per-piece handling fees so adding 24 sets of dice can skew the handling fees, but they are so light they hardly bump the weight costs.

As we know more, so will you!"
Monkey Nuts
I received my $95,000 stretch goal overnight, a second novella...so cool getting stretch goals given to you during and immediately after the campaign (all digital stuff that was prepared before the campaign started, of course)...

...also, as of this point in time, towards the stretch goal where the 5 x Clan Mechs from the Clan Invasion Box Set are made available as a separate purchase;

Facebook Shares = 1029/1000 -> Completed!!!
Twitter Retweets = 493/500
Backers = 5285/6000
Monkey Nuts
The next stretch goal has been reached and we are on our way towards the following one...also, the Facebook and Twitter requirements for the 5 x Clan Mechs from the Clan Invasion Box Set to be made available separately have been reached, just need the 6000 backers to fulfil that stretch goal.

Some more stretch goals up to, but not including $2 million have been added...

...and here's the latest update;

"We’re just about to head off to Gen Con! I like calling it the “bread and circuses” of our hobby. It really is an unparalleled spectacle. Even though every year it is a brutal death march to get there, I still love it.

However, it does mean a few things.

First, for the next week or so, we’re going to be pretty quiet online. The entire company heads there for eight days of all-consuming work, so we’re going to be a bit slow in responding to your questions. Apologies, but that’s simply the nature of running a huge booth at the largest North American gaming convention.

Second, when we posted the up-to $1.5 million stretch goals, we thought we would be safe. However, we can already see you’re once more blowing us away with your passion and enthusiasm. There’s an excellent chance you’re going to unlock those stretch goals while we’re gone. (Not to mention you've already knocked out two of the three items to unlock more Timber Wolfs...check out the Warhammer turntable at the bottom of the stretch goals!) With that in mind, we’ve added a few more stretch goals. As with the others above $1 million, these are a combination of expanding the experience for everyone, and including some fun in there.

Finally, we know there’s going to be a lot of in-person questions surrounding “Why Kickstarter?” And “you’ve raised a million dollars, you’re rich!” We’re happy to answer some of these questions in person, but I thought it would be useful to dive into the “why Kickstarter?” question in some depth here. Both for those attending Gen Con and for anyone who has already made a pledge or might yet back the Clan Invasion.

I love Kickstarter. It’s such a fantastic equalizer. It allows a person or group with the right drive to bring their vision to fruition. In our hobby, Kickstarter has allowed amazing games like Kingdom Death or Gloomhaven to exist. They are beloved by their communities, but they’re games that no sane company (even the largest in our hobby) would possibly have made due to the expense of creation and production, much less the eye-watering MSRP you’d expect to see on a store shelf.

Of course, the nature of crowdsourcing means that for every wild success, there’s a large swath of moderate successes, another of failures, and several epic catastrophes. Personally, I’ll take the catastrophes if it means we can experience the wild successes; games, visions and universes that may have never found an outlet any other way.

Which brings us around to our BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter. On the surface, none of that would seem to apply. BattleTech is one of the longest-running, most successful games in the history of our hobby. What’s more, we released two products very similar to the Clan Invasion box earlier in the year—the Beginner Box and A Game of Armored Combat—to customer and critical acclaim. (We’ve also managed to reprint them more rapidly than any other boxes in the last two decades and we’re still struggling to keep up with the demand…kudos to all of you for that fantastic enthusiasm.)

So then, let’s be clear. We called this the BattleTech: Clan Invasion to provide a great, thematic focus. The star of this campaign is the Clan Invasion box set. However, Catalyst Game Labs was capable of producing that box without turning to Kickstarter—in fact, the Clan Invasion box set is already well on its way down the path towards publication. What Kickstarter allowed us to do was expand the scope to include more of those wonderful miniatures that everyone is talking about.

Let’s take a moment to discuss some numbers.

Generally speaking, the manufacturer’s mold cost for a single miniature is around $2,000. That doesn’t seem too bad, right? Except, for our purposes, a miniature is never sold just by itself. So for the Star in the Clan Invasion box, that’s around $10k for just the molds. However, to create that mold, you’ve got the start-to-finish artist redesign cost, and then a “solid” CAD created from those orthographics, which moves the individual cost for each miniature to around $4,000. And we still haven’t even touched the cost of overhead, writing and developing, and layout of all of the paper elements in a box, much less the printing costs of those elements and the cost of the plastic itself. It all starts to add up quickly.

But again, as I said, we’ve got a handle on the Clan Invasion box. It was always going to come out next year and—I believe—do just as well, if not even better, than the Beginner Box and A Game of Armored Combat. However, those hard costs mentioned above—specifically the mold costs—create a hard barrier across which we cannot pass to make redesigns more quickly and get these new, high-quality plastic miniatures onto your tabletops in faster waves.

For example, if we wanted to produce the Clan Invasion box, plus two Star Packs (a total of 15 Clan ’Mechs), and an Inner Sphere response of say two Lance Packs (a total of 8 Inner Sphere ’Mechs), mold costs alone for those 23 ’Mechs would be in the neighborhood of $46,000. Once you figure in the other costs of redesign and CADs, it would approach $100,000. And again, that doesn’t cover any of the other costs that will pile on top of that ultimately doubling and tripling as you move it onto a store shelf and have to take into account all associated costs.

We could bear that cost…over the span of four to five years.

While we’re incredibly proud of the two new box sets and the presentation of the rules within, we know what’s driving the current interest are the redesigned miniatures—and we know the community is clamoring for more and more and more. Which is fantastic. I’ve worked on BattleTechfor over twenty years, and this may be the most excitement I’ve seen for the line in nearly all of that time. But that type of outlay of cash, that then must be tied up for long periods before the return on revenues will cover the costs, simply is not possible for us (and would not be possible for nearly any company in our industry).

And that is why we came to Kickstarter. As I said, this was never about the Clan Invasion box. That is simply the focus of this brilliant era of BattleTech action. Instead, this was always about you, the community, letting us know how many more miniatures you want us to redesign and produce in a much quicker timeframe. Would that be twenty? Fifty? More? And obviously, you wanted multiple DropShips of them! More than 90! Again…thank you!

Hopefully this answered some of the questions we’ve seen, and gets you even more excited for where the Kickstarter may go. For those heading to Gen Con, we’ll see you there!"
Monkey Nuts
Australia climbs into equal 4th spot with Germany...

IPB Image
Cyph
I'm silly enough that I've backed it in at the Galaxy Commander level, early on in the piece as well.

Woe is my wallet.

BUT BATTLEMECHS!
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(Cyph @ Jul 28 2019, 08:23 PM) *

I'm silly enough that I've backed it in at the Galaxy Commander level, early on in the piece as well.

Woe is my wallet.

BUT BATTLEMECHS!

Awesome stuff, that's a sweet pledge mate!!! I went with Star Colonel and will drop a heap of extra cash for Star and Lance pack add-ons...these plastic Mechs are sooo good!
emplion
An update has just been posted about lance / star compositions after kickstarter feedback. There are a number of changes proposed - I like all of them smile.gif
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(emplion @ Jul 29 2019, 01:17 PM) *

An update has just been posted about lance / star compositions after kickstarter feedback. There are a number of changes proposed - I like all of them smile.gif

Agreed, there are some great changes and choices there...I guess my single disapproval is the removal of the Kodiak, I would like to have seen that stay, but all the others are great choices, I feel...time to update my above post containing all the Mechs...
Monkey Nuts
Below is the updated (and finalised?) list of Mechs from the Kickstarter. I have to say, it is a superior list to the previous list, part of that is the adding of the 2 x Lances from the $850K and $950K stretch goals!!!

Clan Invasion Box
Executioner
Timber Wolf
Nova
Grendel
Adder
2 x Points of Elemental Battle Armour

Clan Command Star
Dire Wolf
Stormcrow
Shadow Cat
Mist Lynx
Summoner

Inner Sphere Command Lance
Marauder
Archer
Valkyrie
Stinger

Clan Heavy Striker Star
Gargoyle
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Viper
Ice Ferret

Inner Sphere Battle Lance
Warhammer
Rifleman
Phoenix Hawk
Wasp

Clan Fire Star
Fire Moth
Kit Fox
Cougar
Nova Cat
Warhawk

Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance
Atlas
Marauder II
Orion
Crusader

Clan Support Star
Night Gyr
Arctic Cheetah
Line Backer
Battle Cobra
Black Lanner

Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
Banshee
Grasshopper
Centurion
Hatchetman

Clan Heavy Battle Star
Turkina
Kingfisher
Crossbow
Ebon Jaguar
Huntsman

Inner Sphere Striker Lance
Blackjack
Panther
Wolfhound
Jenner

Clan Heavy Star
Stone Rhino
Supernova
Marauder IIC
Warhammer IIC
Hunchback IIC

Inner Sphere Fire Lance
Zues
Trebuchet
Stalker
Longbow

Clan Striker Star
Conjurer
Goshawk
Incubus
Piranha
Horned Owl

Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance
Cataphract
Bushwacker
Axeman
Nightstar

Inner Sphere Urban Lance
Raven
Enforcer
Hunchback
Victor

Inner Sphere Support Lance
Dragon
Thug
Cyclops
Spider

Comstar Command Level II
King Crab
Highlander
Black knight
Exterminator
Sentinel
Mercury

Comstar Battle Level II
Crockett
Flashman
Guillotine
Lancelot
Crab
Mongoose

Clan Elemental Star

AGoAC Box Set + Beginner Box Set (you can also buy these Inner Sphere Mechs as add-ons sans the rest of the box set material)
Battlemaster
Awesome
Catapult
Commando
Griffin
Locust
Shadow Hawk
Thunderbolt
Wolverine
Polemarch
What do the lances cost separately as add ons.
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(Polemarch @ Jul 30 2019, 08:51 PM) *

What do the lances cost separately as add ons.

Lance (4 x Inner Sphere Mechs) = $20 USD
Star (5 x Clan Mechs) = $25 USD
Level II (6 x Inner Sphere/Comstar Mechs) = $30

That is if you buy them as add-ons.

If you have a pledge level that includes Lance/Star packs, and you choose Lance packs as part of the reward for that pledge level, you also get a free "Salvage Mech", which is a single randomly chosen Mech from the Clan Invasion Box Set or the first two Star/Lance packs.
emplion
You only get the free Salvage Mech when you select an Inner Sphere Lance. The Star or Comstar packs don't give you one.
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(emplion @ Jul 30 2019, 09:41 PM) *

You only get the free Salvage Mech when you select an Inner Sphere Lance. The Star or Comstar packs don't give you one.

Correct!

So pumped for this Kickstarter...just about to hit 5800 backers now...335 of those are from Australia or NZ. I wonder if we'll get over 500 from our region before the end of the campaign?
emplion
Less than 100 backers to go for the 6000 mark. smile.gif

BTW: If you are backing it and know what your total spend is you should update your pledge to reflect the total cost. It will have a positive impact on what stretch goals are reached.
Monkey Nuts
The Kickstarter is doing really well isn't it? We're still not half way through yet, still over 22 hours to go before we hit the half way point.

Only a single day took in less than $30,000 USD and no day has taken in less than 100 backers!

Also, I received another digital backer reward today, the Novella "Nothing Ventured" Part 3 of the Proliferation Cycle...looking forward to reading these...might start this weekend smile.gif
emplion
I've been reading mine during slow times in the office smile.gif
emplion
We've passed the 6000 backers mark!

Next goal for me is the $2,000,000 stretch goal. Hopefully it'll mean some extra goodies.
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(emplion @ Aug 2 2019, 09:01 AM) *

We've passed the 6000 backers mark!

Next goal for me is the $2,000,000 stretch goal. Hopefully it'll mean some extra goodies.

Yeah, that is sweet, now we have access to multiple of the Clan Invasion Expansion Box Mechs without having to actually buy the expansion box...excellent stuff, I'm going to pick up a few Timber Wolf Mechs for sure...

Won't take too long to reach the $1.5 Million USD pick-your-own doubles packs too...

Not sure what the $2 Million USD stretch goal will be, I'm fairly certain that we will reach it in the last 48-72 hour period...I do hope it is something very cool, and I reckon it will be!!!
Monkey Nuts
Well, the Kickstarter is doing well still, most days have been getting around 125 backers and $30,000+ USD, except yesterday which was about half that.

My call is the final numbers will break 8000 backers and $2 million USD...

This is not super accurate of course, the country population was just quickly grabbed from the internet, but just as a bit of fun I crunched the numbers on the top 10 backers by country. As expected, the countries with English as their first language are backing at a higher level (per head of population) due to this being a game with English rules, and also economics, cultures etc...a small surprise there though is the UK, I thought Battletech would have had a stronger following in the UK???

CODE
United States               327,200,000 / 4002 = 1 backer per 81,759 head of population
Canada                      37,060,000 / 438 = 1 backer per 84,612 head of population
United Kingdom              66,040,000 / 378 = 1 backer per 174,709 head of population
Germany                     82,790,000 / 346 = 1 backer per 239,277 head of population
Australia                   24,600,000 / 314 = 1 backer per 78,344 head of population
Spain                       46,720,000 / 145 = 1 backer per 322,207 head of population
Ireland                     4,784,000 / 47 = 1 backer per 101,787 head of population
Russia                      144,500,000 / 43 = 1 backer per 3,360,465 head of population
Finland                     5,503,000 / 39 = 1 backer per 141,103 head of population
New Zealand                 4,794,000 / 39 = 1 backer per 122,923 head of population
Monkey Nuts
Still rolling along nicely, although the last couple of days has seen a little bit of a downturn, but that is expected right in the middle of the Kickstarter...
emplion
I expect we'll get another update soon once Gen Con is over and the Catalyst guys get back home.
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(emplion @ Aug 5 2019, 11:04 AM) *

I expect we'll get another update soon once Gen Con is over and the Catalyst guys get back home.

Agreed mate, I'm very much looking forward to it smile.gif
Monkey Nuts
I'd say we will probably get a Kickstarter update sometime today or tonight, now that the dudes are back from Gen Con.

We've hit the $1,375,000 USD stretch goal and are now steaming nicely towards $1.4 million USD. We'll make the golden stretch goal of $1.5 million USD by the end of this coming weekend no problems I reckon.

Today is shaping up to be a little better than the last two days, but we are definitely in the usual mid-Kickstarter lows at he moment.
Monkey Nuts
One of the guys on the Kickstarter has been making some fantastic graphics for each pledge level, to show what you are currently getting.

Credit -> Jeff McDowall

I've pledged at the Star Colonel level, and I will be adding a heap of Mechs packs as add-ons...this is what the Star Colonel currently gets you, some of which I have already received as digital content...

IPB Image
Monkey Nuts
Still no major update, I guess recovering from Gen Con takes some time! There are some minor graphic updates to the Kickstarter page though, so someone is back at work...

Probably only 3-4 days away from that sweet $1.5 million stretch goal, sitting on $1,427,000 USD.

Australia backers seems to be hovering around 320 odd at the moment, it has been going up and down by 2-3 Australia backers for a couple/few days now...

Total backers continues to climb well though...getting close to 6600...
emplion
I just noticed that they have updated all the Lance / Star / Comstar II packs to reflect the changes as a result of the survey.
emplion
Update no 15 has been posted.
Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(emplion @ Aug 8 2019, 01:05 PM) *

Update no 15 has been posted.

Less info that what I was hoping to hear...oh well, still 10 days to go.

They've said again today, officially, that they are chasing up an Australian fulfilment centre...hopefully one gets announced very soon...
emplion
Logistics Update

We have a logistics partner!

Whew! We couldn't agree more with any of you saying, "It's about time!" Not that we doubted we'd get one, but we wanted to share the data before the end of the Kickstarter Campaign. And now we can.

We met with Quartermaster Logistics at GenCon. We knew we'd need a dedicated logistics service for this campaign, and they came highly recommended by several of our friends in the industry. It was a great meeting. They came with solutions to problems we didn't know we even had yet. So, here are some points I can share:

1. They are going through our sku list right now. It's a long one! They will have rough shipping estimates within the next 48-72 hours. It's taking extra time because of the size and they want to get it right. We are excited to see the results as well!

2. QM is EU-friendly, CA-friendly, UK-friendly, AUS-friendly, Asia-friendly, China-friendly, and of course US friendly. This means that they will freight the material in, and then break it into individual shipments within these areas so that you only pay "local" shipping. Sorry: there are still no better options for Russia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, and some other small countries. But they will use the best "lane" possible to keep shipping costs as low as they can!

3. QM can support multiple wave and optional wave shipments. Note: we may not be able to offer optional-wave, but enough of you have asked that we are looking into it. Basically, you can opt for a single shipment at the very end of the production calendar, which might save you around $20 or so. (Might!) That means you would not see any product for at least a year. This may prove to be too much hassle, but we will meet with CrowdOx and QM about this and bring you the best answer possible.

4. QM and Crowdox will handle all address changes. An initial address will be taken up front, but then reminders will go out later when we get close to Wave 1 and Wave 2 shipping so everyone will have a chance to update their mailing addresses. QM was very easygoing about this and not concerned at all. SOP.

If you have any other logistics-specific questions, please post them here for us to collate and collect. That would help a great deal!

Thank you for your patience and awesome support!

Kordos
Wonder how much of that money raised will get embezzled away and not make it into the hands of artist/writers/editors this time
emplion
QUOTE(Kordos @ Aug 13 2019, 04:46 PM) *

Wonder how much of that money raised will get embezzled away and not make it into the hands of artist/writers/editors this time

What??? Is there some history here are are you just trying to stir the pot?

I expect any of the workers agree on payment/commission prior to doing any work and are then paid that amount on completion, or they are on a salary.
Kordos
QUOTE(emplion @ Aug 13 2019, 05:32 PM) *

What??? Is there some history here are are you just trying to stir the pot?

I expect any of the workers agree on payment/commission prior to doing any work and are then paid that amount on completion, or they are on a salary.

A CGL big wig embezzled a heap of money about a decade ago (and still works there)

They have a long continuing history of screwing over freelancers, distributors and even customers trying to buy from their own online store

emplion
We're past the two million stretch goal. I wonder if they'll post any additional ones for the last 44 odd hours...
H.Bear
Oof, shipping estimates have been posted in Update #27.

Near $60 (I assume USD) for Wave 1 and Wave 2.

I'm torn: I accept that shipping is expensive but this wrecks the value of the KS... though it'll probably be even more expensive at retail afterwards.

Kind of hoping I forget about it for the rest of the day and realise tomorrow afternoon that I've missed it. smile.gif

- Bear
emplion
Even with shipping it's going to be a lot cheaper than retail.
Arithon
Just one question, anybody know if you can get the main rules books in Australia anywhere? I have the pdfs as a backer but was wondering if anybody locally sells hard copies?
H.Bear
Alpha Strike

Based in Perth.

Haven't purchased from them, no idea what they're like.

- Bear
emplion
QUOTE(Arithon @ Aug 19 2019, 02:35 PM) *

Just one question, anybody know if you can get the main rules books in Australia anywhere? I have the pdfs as a backer but was wondering if anybody locally sells hard copies?

Ask your FLGS. They can probably order them in for you.
Monkey Nuts
Well, what a massively successful Kickstarter that turned out to be...$2,586,421 USD...and I reckon they'll bring in another $500K - $1M USD during the Pledge Manager, which should be opening in less than 2 weeks and staying open for about 3 months.

Anyone who missed it can use the Late Pledge button on the front page of the Kickstarter.

It seems they are allowing a couple of items to be switched out of the Pledge Levels too, which will save some people some cash who don't want those items.

I'm impressed with the commitment to covering the shipping on any of the shown rulebooks/sourcebooks/map packs that you can add-on within the PM...a good cash saving if you're wanting to get the hard copy versions of these items at zero shipping cost!

They've already delivered several items ahead of their stated timeline, that being digital materials of course;

9 x Novellas,
1 x rulebook,
1 x sourcebook,
1 x scenario book,
1 x Unit Colour Compendium, and
A heap of cool artwork...

...and still more digital stuff on its way soon.

Monkey Nuts
QUOTE(Arithon @ Aug 19 2019, 02:35 PM) *

As mentioned above, Alpha Strike in Perth does sell BT stuff, and they are good to deal with...I'm not aware of anyone else having regular stock for BT in Australia, although I'm sure there probably is.

You can get the full range of rules in PDF from the CGL webstore, and places like Drive Thru RPG/Wargames Vault, as well as many of the novels and sourcebooks. Hard copies can be found in online stores from overseas and on ebay/amazon...

You will also be able to order the full range of hard copy rulebooks during the Pledge Manager of their recent Kickstarter, and these will come to you during the first wave of shipping (March 2020) at no charge for shipping these additional items!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.