Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [40k] World Eaters modelling project
WargamerAU Forums > The Hobby > Painting, Modelling and Terrain > Modelling Diaries
Pages: 1, 2
Magnus
I'm starting to get the 40k urge after painting about 4 confrontation armies (see 2 of them archeron and behemoth orcs)

This army is primarily a modelling project that I have always wanted to do. Basically its and undivided army with all the cults included. so EC, WE, PM and not to forget TS.

so first some Khorne terminators. Using the article in WD so had to make and use lots of green stuff. I;m getting better at making molds.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

after the base coat IPB Image

and icon bearer IPB Image

a bloodletter (test model to check colors), only 7 more to do

IPB Image

My commander on a steed , large 50mm base and lots of green stuff moulding on legs

IPB Image

based coated IPB Image

with hq, changed head from khorne to the double mutated head from chaos sprue.

IPB Image

will try and post some more soon.

Bruce
Praetorian
Holy Crap Man!! where did you get all of those skulls!?!?!?

They look really nice so far mate by the way..looking forward tos eeing that commander done armata_PDT_37.gif
Speed Adict
Very cool Terminators man!!! I havn't seen that done before with the World Eater helmet "horns"... Very nice wink.gif
Magnus
QUOTE(Praetorian @ Apr 22 2007, 03:34 PM) *

Holy Crap Man!! where did you get all of those skulls!?!?!?

They look really nice so far mate by the way..looking forward tos eeing that commander done armata_PDT_37.gif

Don't just luv epicast bases. I can mould my own but sometimes I can't be bothered.

Speed Adict, thanks mate. I've always wanted to collect all three cults (I have EC's and TS's). Used the guidelines in wd. I will get some actaully finished soon. The colors i'm on the HQ are just me having somefun. Will be all blood red as they should be.

I was mucking about with my LR as well, will be all blood red once finished.

IPB Image
Plaguelord Baldric
QUOTE(Magnus @ Apr 23 2007, 02:50 PM) *

I was mucking about with my LR as well, will be all blood red once finished.

Damn, I was hoping to see the army as a full split colour army. Oh well, it is looking great so far.
Baphomet
Yer i'm lovin the half half colour sceam you do that up properly would look wicked for your Zeentch/khorne army.

Though don't like the axe on your Lord (never liked that axe) maybe try to convert a different weap on there?

Might look a bit dicky if you do them 4 different colours (eg one for each god) and all red makes me think of khorne. (eg for your undivied troops could look sh*t though could look good?).

The blood letter, don't realy think the grey suit's him, maybe do the horns different and the handle of the axe would change it up?

My bloodletters i did them black etc (I have a mix of old and new), but there hair i did like fire and added flames on there back and base, looks fairly cool armata_PDT_36.gif , maybe that would break up the min better?

can't wait to see what you come up with, lookin great so far armata_PDT_37.gif
Magnus
Yeah, sort of thinking of taking pure WE instead of mix. BL i have seen black ones and just wanted to use gray with flaming hair and blood red single shoulder pad.

I might still try a split paint scheme as a painting project.
Speed Adict
Do you have any more skulls for the Land Raider? Reason I ask is I looked at it, and the first thing I saw was a really big "H", then looked closer and realised they were skulls smile.gif
Jadetiger
Nice! I love the Green stuff work (something I will have to get used to for my Death Guard project!)

Very Khornate, keep it coming!

biggrin.gif

Magnus
QUOTE(Speed Adict @ Apr 25 2007, 06:29 PM) *

Do you have any more skulls for the Land Raider? Reason I ask is I looked at it, and the first thing I saw was a really big "H", then looked closer and realised they were skulls smile.gif

H, funny as I didn't see that until you pointed it ok biggrin.gif , Sort of wanted to leave some original LR, but easy enough to green stuff some more on. Maybe need to blend in the side a bit more and cover the lascannon sponsons. Original idea was that the skulls were thrown on top.

Thanks for the encouraging comments.
Khorne Freak
Awesome loving the split colour scheme as well as the amount of skulls very chaos like...

The Bloodletter is awesome also

Keep it up mate looking forward to seeing more
Speed Adict
QUOTE(Magnus @ Apr 25 2007, 05:25 PM) *
H, funny as I didn't see that until you pointed it ok biggrin.gif

Sorry armata_PDT_04.gif
Magnus
QUOTE(Speed Adict @ Apr 25 2007, 09:46 PM) *

Sorry armata_PDT_04.gif

Nothing to say sorry about biggrin.gif

I just have to decide on what to use for a dready. Options convert one up or buy a forge world.

Are the forge world one any good?

Wolverine_nz
QUOTE(Magnus @ Apr 27 2007, 09:07 PM) *

Nothing to say sorry about biggrin.gif

I just have to decide on what to use for a dready. Options convert one up or buy a forge world.

Are the forge world one any good?

check these out:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like the 3rd one
Speed Adict
Number 5 gets my vote wink.gif The stance/pose is pretty cool...
Khysanth
I'm with Wolverine. The 3rd one is awesome. Some very good battle damage on him, and love the skeleton with the helmet on. smile.gif
imperial guardsmen
number 2 is my favorate,its got a mad stance and colour biggrin.gif

dean
Khorne Freak
1st one my favourite
imperial guardsmen
thinking of making the #1,does any one know what head was used???

dean
Griever
thinking of making the #1,does any one know what head was used???
Juggernaut of Khornes head. I know because I used it on my old dreadnought... before it was taken from me by a huge tome of Modern History sad.gif ...
Magnus
Hey thanks for the pics Jason. I like the 3rd one.

Actually have decided to make a defiler.

Have a look, using forge world icon as body and for green stuff molds on legs etc. Won't be massive (aka Jasons TS defiler). Will be a true 'machine of Khorne' as described in Liber Chaotica Vol 1. Lots of spike etc and lots of skulls.......

WIP,

IPB Image IPB Image

also a few more WIPs

IPB Image IPB Image
BoBo
Man this army is looking sweet! I love what you're doing to that Defiler! I think it'll look awesome when completed.
Plaguelord Baldric
What Dark Soul said. smile.gif That is going to be one awsome defiler. Any chance of better pics of the green stuff work?
Magnus
QUOTE(Plaguelord Baldric @ Apr 28 2007, 04:52 PM) *

What Dark Soul said. smile.gif That is going to be one awsome defiler. Any chance of better pics of the green stuff work?

will try and keep upto date, thanks for the comments. As for the green stuff, I just can't stop. Its very addictive laugh.gif

wip 2

IPB Image IPB Image

I found out how to use the wee sanding thingy that came with my dremmel. WOW they chew thru resin like nothing. Must admit it was bloody dusty though. Use it to bore out the hole for the battle cannon.
Plaguelord Baldric
That looks awesome. armata_PDT_34.gif Keep up the good work.
BoBo
Wow... thats looking really cool..
I assume all its armour plates will be like that? That'll look the shizz nizz when its painted
Magnus
Mounted on 4 legs to have a look. Feels like it need something else (apart from loads of spikes...).
any suggestions? I stuck a 'face' on the engine mount. Looks ok but might have to do the whole thing. Had the idea of leaving legs and engine black and the rest will be blood red. I could do engine blood red as well?

IPB ImageIPB Image
Plaguelord Baldric
The autocannons look a little small for it, maybe cut the barrels off and use the autocannon barrels off the one that came with the defiler. I also think that when the front legs are on they will add alot to it.
Khysanth
I don't know Magnus, the body now looks too blocky and too big I think...

Maybe it would look better with the front arms, but I can't help feeling maybe you went a bit too far on him...
mjb
I sort of like it, but there's a kind of "evil Thomas the Tank Engine" thing to it rather than a daemon engine.

Michael
BoBo
Lol @ the evil Thomas the tank engine.

I think if you position the front legs just right, it should make it look less blocky.
And The autocannons definately need to be bigger.
Other then that, it looks quite cool!
Magnus
QUOTE(Dark Soul @ May 5 2007, 03:01 PM) *

Lol @ the evil Thomas the tank engine.

biggrin.gif Thomas, yeah that what it reminded me off...Its suppose to be a 'War machine of Khorne'. armata_PDT_04.gif
Will have to fix that. Might just remove the face and make a extra wide battle cannon like this
IPB Image

That might help with the boxy look.

I don't want to have to buy any parts so will have to mutate the autocannon and make em bigger. Should give a bit of width as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
Assaultguardsman
I actually really like the boxy look, it has a HR Geiger feel to it, something truly closer to demon than anything in the normal universe.
I strongly suggest you don't change it, as when painted (in Khornate Red I assume) it will look absolutely dominating.
Magnus
QUOTE(Assaultguardsman @ May 5 2007, 04:43 PM) *

I actually really like the boxy look, it has a HR Geiger feel to it, something truly closer to demon than anything in the normal universe.
I strongly suggest you don't change it, as when painted (in Khornate Red I assume) it will look absolutely dominating.

I was just going to remove the face and make a bigger battle cannon. A bit like a telescope.

Cheers
BoBo
A telescope... that kills people..
Magnus
Yeah, like this.

Thomas with new BC barrel...

IPB Image

will blend into turret and make it look Khorne ish
fet
I reckon that looks awesome, Bruce; it reminds me of the spider demons in Doom II. I think the massive bulk on top is very khornate, it certainly matches the artwork of Khorne's daemon-engines.

I'd be inclined to give it two more normal legs rather than the claws to make it look like it scuttles about the battlefield unleashing battle cannon pain, but that's probably just me.
BoBo
The killer telescope looks awesome armata_PDT_34.gif
Assaultguardsman
I prefer the face, tbh
Plaguelord Baldric
QUOTE(Assaultguardsman @ May 6 2007, 01:10 PM) *

I prefer the face, tbh

I agree. The face gave it more character and a more 'evil' feel.
tintaman
sorry to de rail the thread a bit, but does anyone else think the 5th dready posted by wolverine looked like it was converted with a doornob, just looked a tad strange armata_PDT_14.gif
Anywho, love the corn guys, agree that a split colour army woldve looked da shizz, but meh beggars cant be chosen......(very very very stupid joke, sorry cant function at.. any time armata_PDT_11.gif )
Magnus
Undercoated the 'engine of Khorne'. Colors a bit off. Needed to use tungsten setting...

Will be blood red, bronze and grey (NMM).

added more mutations around front and legs near smoke launcher.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Close up of WE symbol on front claw. Thinking of trying to paint an outline of NZ on the world?
IPB Image
imperial guardsmen
looks better undercoated

cannot wait for it to be finished armata_PDT_37.gif

keep it up

dean
BoBo
ZOMG!1!!!1!

fReakin' Awesome!

That defiler looks so awesome now! Top Marks!
Praetorian

armata_PDT_37.gif armata_PDT_37.gif armata_PDT_37.gif armata_PDT_37.gif armata_PDT_37.gif
Plaguelord Baldric
It looks awesome, but personally, I liked it better with the face that you had around the turret.
Magnus
QUOTE(Plaguelord Baldric @ May 21 2007, 07:53 PM) *

It lloks awesome, but personally, I liked it better with the face that you had around the turret.

I did look ok, but after someone mentioned Thomas , I just couldnt shake the imagery.

I have stuck a face on the back though

Plaguelord Baldric
QUOTE(Magnus @ May 22 2007, 04:42 PM) *

I did look ok, but after someone mentioned Thomas , I just couldnt shake the imagery.

I have stuck a face on the back though

But I see Thomas so often that I am dying to see evil Thomas.
Systematic
Holy crap Bruce! They look awsome. I thought your new Confrontation stuff was good but that Defiler is off the scale.
Magnus
QUOTE(Systematic @ May 23 2007, 07:36 PM) *

Holy crap Bruce! They look awsome. I thought your new Confrontation stuff was good but that Defiler is off the scale.

Thought i'd better get a new 40K army up an running just in case CTA confrontation does not happen. (I'm thinking of bring up my cynwall elves up or maybe my undead for confro) I've still heaps of 40K to paint so I'd better get the dippping technique sussed out pronto wink.gif

Thanks for the encouragment to get it finished.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.