Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [40k] Space Sharks + Raptors: BFFs. All aboard the shark plane!, Now with more visible Raptors.
Asher
post Dec 3 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 3,860

IPB Image
It's been great to see a bunch of diaries with the [ARC40k] prefix popping up, so some of us on the organisational committee have decided to join in the fun, show some solidarity and either fail horrible or sacrifice sleep to honour in the final week/night, proper ARC style tongue.gif.

At the moment we have 2 (count em folks!) TWO whole entrants! Hopefully with more to follow depending on how popular this diary is and how hard we can bully the others. biggrin.gif

So let's see what's cooking

IPB Image

Raptors! My Chapter of choice. I've had these guys sitting around for a couple of years, having made a couple of aborted starts on them. Hopefully this time I'll be able to carry through!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tVKivHnE...rt%25201_02.jpg

Pretty grungy and a nice dull green to boot. I'm planning on trying a lot of weathering on these guys to make them pop a bit.

IPB Image

The vehicles will also be a great opportunity to go nuts with powder and foam.

IPB Image
While I am tacking the sneaky sneaky Raptors, the inestimable FUGGORF will be going with something a little more on his intellectual level; Angry men running at you, bro. Hence SPACE SHARKS! Falling out of the SKY!

IPB Image

He has assured me that blood spatter is going to be "A Thing"

To add to the fun, we've decided to make it a bit of a competition. About a week before Arc, we'll open a poll and let people vote for which army YOU think should be used as the gumby army. Hopefully along the way we'll share with you our journey in doing an ARC style army.

We hope you enjoy the ride. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Asher: Jul 20 2014, 02:24 PM

--------------------
Things my Red Terror has Swallowed Whole: A Mentors Librarian, a Fire Warrior Sash'Ui. Total Points: 109 (so far...)

"Leapin' and Hoppin' on a Warpshadow" - Mah Nids
The Swordwind Rises! - Biel Tan. All Aspects. All the time.
"Before seeking Victory, first make yourself Invulnerable to defeat" - Sneaky sneaky Raptors
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Asher
post Dec 3 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #2

ASHER: RAPTORS

So What have I done so far?

IPB Image
IPB Image

Yep, that's pretty much it! armata_PDT_04.gif
As you can see I've worked up 2 AOBR marines to a decent standard, then tried a bit of weather on both. I've certainly been able to figure out how to apply too much bad weathering anyway. These guys have friends as well!
IPB Image
I'm currently not sure whether I'll keep these models in the final list or not, it realyl comes down to time. If I have time, I intend to build up some proper marines to use, but if things get too tight, it'll be the AOBR brigade who get called up.

I also have another tactical squad, mostly assembled. I just need to festoon these guys with so many pouches even Rob Liefeld would baulk because it makes them more 'tactical'
IPB Image

Then there are these guys, a 10 man sternguard squad. I'm still fiddling with the 'look' for these jerks. I think more pouches are in order. armata_PDT_11.gif
IPB Image

Scouts! Raptors are sneaky as their progenitors, the Raven Guard, but prefer the shooting to the stabbing, so I've gone for a 10 man unit. 5 stabby, 5 shooty and a Sotrm, which I might outflank or something.
IPB Image
IPB Image
The Sergeant is a chopped up Storm Scout with a head from the new Sternguard. He still needs some reposing.

Finally, Lias the Grim, Chapter Master of the Raptors.
IPB Image
We aren't allowing Forgeworld rules this year, so he's probably going to be run as a Chapter Master with The Primarch's Wrath,

or

IPB Image
Pedro Kantor. Magnets baby!
The Imperial Fist Chapter Tactics suit the Raptors pretty well and scoring sternguard are always fun!

He's based off a Master of Recruits, with the head from the Forgeworld Raven Guard Sternguard kit, backpack from the plastic Commander Kit and Bolter from all over.

So here's my thoughts so far on lists. The Raptors are a chapter renowned for their stealth, marksmanship and guerilla warfare. They also apparently have a massive hard on for Land Speeders. armata_PDT_05.gif As a result, I've tried to shove as many themey units into my list as possible.

Strike Force "Wartalon"

HQ
Lias Issodon "The Grim", Chapter Master of the Raptors
Pedro Kantor or Chapter Master, Power Sword, Primarchs Wrath

Elites
Squad Krakoa
10 Sternguard, Sergeant w/ Power Fist, 2x Combi Plasma, 2x Combi Grav.
Still vacillating on loadout for these guys. Fist stays because rad model is rad. Still not %100 of the combis. I kind want a handfull of meltas in there.

Troops
Squad Massani
10 man Tactical Squad, Sergeant w/ Combi Plasma, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon.
These guys are gonna basically shoot people.

Squad Torosian
10 man Tactical Squad, Sergeant w/ Combi Flamer, Flamer, Rhino.
A counter attack unit. If I go Raven Guard tactics, they can outflank. If I got Fists, they can still function as a countre attack unit.

Squad Scipio
10 man Scout Squad, Vet Sergeant w/ Power Fist, 4 Scouts w/ Blades, 4 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles, 1 Scout w/ Heavy Bolter with Hellfire rounds, Camo Cloaks, Land Speeder Storm w/ Heavy Flamer
The guys combat squad obviously. The assault unit either outflanks, or scouts then goes after targets of opportunity. Shooty combat squad objective sits and shoots people.

Fast Attack
Squad Barberus
3 man Scout Bike Squad, Sergeant with Combi Melta, Melta Bombs, Cluster Mines.
Cluster Mines are terrible I know! But Theeeeemeeeeeee. These guys melta something or die trying. Thhhheeeeeeeemmmeeee

Darkclaw
Land Speeder w/ Multi Melta
Either deep striking or just deploying and trying to melta something. This guy exists to solve AV 14 problems. If it doesn't die to a stiff breeze first.

Heavy Support
Ultima Ratio
Thunderfire Cannon
It looks cool and I wanna give it camo netting! Also it's great for Horde removal.

So that's the list as it stands right now. My main weaknesses are lack of long ranged Anti Tank, and no AA to speak of, so it may well change!

Well, that was a whole lot of writing. I should get painting!

--------------------
Things my Red Terror has Swallowed Whole: A Mentors Librarian, a Fire Warrior Sash'Ui. Total Points: 109 (so far...)

"Before seeking Victory, first make yourself Invulnerable to defeat" - Sneaky sneaky Raptors
+Quote Post
Mr X
post Dec 23 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,211

Do another thing....

--------------------
Modeling Diary: Mr X's inclination to apply cosmetics...

In response to the Dwarf Gyrocopter getting upgraded from Movement value 0 to 1:
"loving the idea of a grounded Gyro pilot muttering harsh oaths while dragging the thing along the ground, absent-mindedly clubbing Goblins along the way" - Rambunctious
+Quote Post
Mousemuffins
post Dec 23 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #4

Braaaaaiiinnnnss

Member No.: 2,278

Yes. needs more things.
+Quote Post
Asher
post Dec 24 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #5

So Christmas is a thing ....

Seriously, I've been busy beavering away at the assembly and basecoat end of things and that's pretty boring. Still, if you demand it, so shall there be pics.

I've constructed Squad Tordorian, my Rhino Flame fiends and Undercoated them:
IPB Image
Their ride is still half assembled.

I've also primed the first half of Squad Scipio:
IPB Image

and assembled and primed Squad Barberus:
IPB Image

Squad Krakoa has been basecoated:
IPB Image

Squad Massanii has received a bit more attention. Basecoat went down, and I've started working up the greets and fudging some details on the first Combat Squad.
IPB Image

The second half of Squad Scipio is the furthest along:
IPB Image

Lots of basecoats and a couple of washes. Not much to see here. I've also been mucking around with camo a bit too. Turns out I hate it! I've tried 2 prototypes so far, not super happy with either, though I like the Tiger Stripes more. I'm thinking I should start with a less dark colour, maybe Khemri Brown or somethign similar instead of a really dark brown.
IPB Image

So that's the state of play from the Raptor Camp! My goal is to get 400 points painted ASAP and play some Combat Patrol games to keep me motivated. I guess I also have a Thunderfire, Land Speeder and a Rhino to assemble as well! armata_PDT_13.gif

Ben claims to have "Totally painted like, 5 guys lol", but without photographic evidence, this is all hearsay and conjecture.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

This post has been edited by Asher: Dec 24 2013, 08:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
drone
post Dec 25 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Tetris King

Member No.: 8,458

Scrap the stripes and go smaller on the triangles.

--------------------
Armies thus far:

Ulthwe' Eldar
Iron Warriors CSM
Thousand Sons CSM - Modeling Diary Found Here
Howling Griffons - Modeling Diary Found Here
Leopard Print Nids - Modeling Diary Found Here

BFG - Eldar

40K - More fun than riding ponies.
+Quote Post
Fuggorf
post Jan 1 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Not the hero Gotham deserves
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 3,749

Alright alright, keep your pants on. Here are the first 5 almost-completed (sans transfers, weathering and blood effects) Carcharadons.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

--------------------
Fuggorf's Hit List:

Mitch Wragg

Yeah that's right Ben, I said you were right. ON THE INTERNET ohmy.gif!

My moderator voice is rainbow
+Quote Post
Sanzoku
post Jan 1 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,167

Great chapter schemes. The Sharks white mouth pieces look really great and the Raptors look so sneaky I nearly missed them.
+Quote Post
Asher
post Jan 5 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(drone @ Dec 25 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Scrap the stripes and go smaller on the triangles.

I will try this! I'm a fan of the IDEA of triangles, I kinda botched the execution though.

QUOTE(Sanzoku @ Jan 1 2014, 09:25 PM) *

Great chapter schemes. The Sharks white mouth pieces look really great and the Raptors look so sneaky I nearly missed them.

Awesome! armata_PDT_34.gif That's what we like to hear. They are VERY sneaky.

So now we have something a bit special! You can choose to interpret "special" however you like because it certainly fits multiple meanings .... Anyway

BATTLE REPORT TIME

Fuggorf totally challenged my to a game now that we both have armies "assembled". "Oh yeah?" I thought. "A Drop pod assault oriented army against my guys who wanted to hide in bushes? This will go really well.

THE LISTS
Strike Force Talon

Lias Issodon "The Grim", Chapter Master of the Raptors.

Squad Krakoa: 10 Man Sternguard Squad, Power Fist, 2x Combi-Grav, 2x Combi Plasma

Squad Massanii: 10 Man Tactical Squad, Veteran Sergeant, Combi Plasma, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon

Squad Tordorian: 10 man Tactical Squad, Veteran Sergeant, Combi Flamer, Flamer, Missile launcher, Rhino

Squad Scipio: 5 Man Scout Squad, Veteran Sergeant, Power fist, 4 Scouts with Combat Blades, Land Speeder Storm, Heavy Flamer

Squad Leius: 5 Man Scout Squad, Heavy Bolter w/ Hellfire Rounds, 4 Sniper Rifles.

Squad Barbatus: 3 Man Scout Bike Squad, Veteran Sergeant, Combi Melta, Melta Bombs

Darkclaw: Land Speeder with Multi Melta

Ultima Ratio: Thunderfire Cannon

The Filthy Space Sharks

Tyberos, The Red Wake

7 Man Honour Guard Squad, Chapter Champion, Chapter Banner, Drop Pod

Ironclad w/ 2 Chainfists and 2 Heavy Flamers, Drop Pod

10 Man Tactical Squad Sarge, Heavy and Special, Drop Pod x 3 (I'm a little bit vague here.)
That's It?

So Here. We. Go!

IPB Image

The Noble, mostly assembled, kind of basecoated Raptors ready themselves for combat.

The mission is Big Guns never Tire. Deployment is that one which is on a diagonal. The Objectives today are strange otherworldly automata.

IPB Image
The Raptors deploy castled up around the only large ruins in the deployment zone. The Thunderfire is behind the building along with the land speeders.

IPB Image
The Scouts infiltrated into a commanding field of fire away from where the Drop Pods will likely land. Sadly the pond tuned out to be normal water. How boring.

I gave Ben the first turn and declined to steal the initiative so I would have the last chance to grab objectives and stuff.

IPB Image
DROP POD ASSAULT! The Charcharodons decend from the skies, ready to bring death. The Raptors are offended and remind them that they were once allies in teh Badab War.

IPB Image
Attack of the fish food! Ben Claims it's themey because they're sharks, get it? He assures me that he will get another 3 drop pods soon and not have to use Beer Tankards and Fish Food as drop pods again.

1 Drop Pod goes on the right flank, disgorging a Tac Squad with more Melta Guns than sense. The Ironclad lands right infront of the Sternguard, the Honour Guard arrive to left of that, ready to threaten the Raptors left flank!

IPB Image
THE SHAME. SHAAAAAAAAME

IPB Image
Surrounded, the Raptors prepare to make their stand.

IPB Image

Burn baby burn! Ben opens the shooting with his Ironclad. The two Heavy Flamers should have cut a swath through the Sternguard and, vitally, taken out the Combi-Grav Guns, but due to some terrible rolling to Wound and some lucky saves on my part, only a single Veteran is slain.

He also drops Tyberos' Orbital Bombardment on Squad Massanii which is out of cover. The Lance Strike inflicts 9 Wounds, but Thanks to stealth from the Raptors Chapter Tactics, and going to ground, I only(!) lose 6 Marines. His Tactical Squad Combat Squads on arrival. The half with the Meltas miss the Land Speeder Storm entirely, the other one kills some more Melbers of Squad Massanii. All in all a pretty terrible round of shooting from an army that is reliant on a good Alpha Strike.

IPB Image
Raptors Ready for Revenge!

The Darkclaw moves to stop the Ironclad before it can get stuck in, Squad Tordorian disembarks, ready to bring fire to the Tactical squad. Squad Scipio also disembarks as their speeder moves slightly to get a better angle for its Heavy Flamer. The Sternguard roll a 3 for difficult terrain but critically manage to get LOS to the Honour Guard with all 4 Combis. Squad Massanii eat dirt.

IPB Image
The Space Sharks regret their decision as most of the surviving Raptors level their guns.

This post has been edited by Asher: Jan 7 2014, 09:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Asher
post Jan 5 2014, 02:23 PM
Post #10

IPB Image

The Sternguard take aim at the Honour Guard. I heard guys in 2+ armour love Grav and Plasma.

IPB Image

The Techmarine thanks the omnissiah for ablative bubblewrap, I mean stalwart battle Brothers to protect him.

IPB Image\
We shall not be moved! With Issodon's Shrouded, the Sternguard are enjoying a 2+ cover save here.

IPB Image

BOOM! 6"! The Darkclaw opens the shooting phase in style by exploding the Ironclad a healthy 6"! Sadly no-one is killed in the fireball.

IPB Image

The Thunderfire cannon kills the Chapter Champion and the Chapter Banner before the Sternguard annihilate the Honourguard with their Combi Weapons.

IPB Image
The 2 Flamers from Squad Tordorian and the Flamer from the Storm are disappointing, but the Bolters do good work basically destroying one Demi-Squad, leaving only the sergeant alive. The other fares better but is assaulted by Squad Scipio. The scouts and Space Sharks flail wildly but Scipio himself crushes a marine leaving only a single survivor.

At this point out Cameraman becomes distracted and wanders off to take photos of his own models, so Coverage becomes sparse.

In Ben's next turn, only a single Drop Pod turns up, which comes down on the right flank. He combat squads. 1 Squad gets into a fire fight with Squad Tordorian and does well, killing several marines, including Tordorian himself. The other combat squad goes for an objective.

The sergeant who survived from the initial tactical squad charges the scouts challenging Scipio. he tries to kill the grizzled only warrior with his Bolt Pistol instead of his Power Fist, but Scipio is having none of it and crushes the life from his upstart body. The Scouts and lone Shark fail to harm each other.

IPB Image
Critically, Tyberos fails his charge and is left stranded, staring down a lot of barrels.

IPB Image
Vaped. He pays for the failure with his life. The Land Speeder melts him into a very angry puddle in my next shooting phase.

IPB Image

My scout bikes show up and, with the help of the snipers (and a rhino!) kill a few of one combat squad, then get charged. sad.gif.

IPB Image
The other combat squad suffers casualties from Squad Tordorian and the Sternguard, leaving just the Heavy Bolter Marine alive. He however dies a heroes death, stopping the scouts from charging him by killing 1 in over watch, then wiping the squad out in the next shooting phase before finally being gunned down by Issodon himself.

IPB Image
A bold stroke. The final Tactical Squad makes a landing in the centre of the table, annihilating the Rhino with Melta fire. In a truly unfortunate result, 4 marines are killed in the resulting explosion! I told Ben to let me roll the dice!

This post has been edited by Asher: Jan 7 2014, 09:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Asher
post Jan 5 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #11

IPB Image

HERESY! The Space Sharks sudden betrayal is revealed! Squad Barbatus fights well but is eventually brought down.

IPB Image

Strike true brothers! Squad Leius contributed well, downing Traitors with Sniper Rounds and Hellfire shells from their position.

IPB Image

This was a little close for comfort though.

IPB Image

Not to worry young brothers! The Thunderfire delivers a punishing barrage which, combined with fire from the scouts leaves only a single marine left alive.

IPB Image
"I regret my decision to join the Alpha Legion!"

IPB Image
"They think it's all over, IT IS NOW!" The Landspeeder, which didn't miss a shot all game destroys the Drop Pod, opening LOS from the Sternguard to the lone survivor. The execute him with eXtreeeeme Prejudice in a hail of Vengeance Rounds.

IPB Image
And all falls quiet. The Thunderfire cranks it's barrels skyqards and avenges Squad Barbatus by killing off the last 2 Space Sharks on the board. With only two Drop Pods on the Board, Victory goes the the Raptors, 2 Objectives, Slay the Warlord, First Blood and Line Breaker giving them a 9-0 win over the Space Sharks.

"Victorus aut Mortis"

I'll take the first thanks mate.

This post has been edited by Asher: Jan 7 2014, 09:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dr Zoidberg
post Jan 5 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 9,712

QUOTE(Fuggorf @ Jan 1 2014, 06:18 PM) *

Alright alright, keep your pants on. Here are the first 5 almost-completed (sans transfers, weathering and blood effects) Carcharadons.
IPB Image

Gorgeous Space Sharks. Any chance of you sharing the recipe for your take on the colour scheme by any chance?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Asher
post Jan 7 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #13

Ben get in here and answer the nice man's question.

Post Game Debrief

All in all I'm really pleased with my teams performance, all the boys gave it 110%, they really wanted to win, and even though the Sharks played a good game, we managed to hold them off and win in the end. *Gets drenched in gatorade by teammates*

But I AM pleased with how the Raptors went. Admittedly Ben had some apalling luck in his Alpha and I think that inevitably cost him the game. The two key points I think are 1; The Ironclad only killing 1 sternguard, and no combis. This lead directly to the destruction of the honour guard. 2; Tyberos failing his charge. If he had got into the Sternguard he would have ripped them apart, killed Issodon and the game would have been very different.

The only real flies in my ointment were wasting Squad barbatus, and the orbital devastation of Squad Massanii. I should have combat squadded Massanii, put the Plasma Cannon in a sniping position (I even had one), and kept the other Demi-Squad in support of Tordorian and Krakoa. I also shouldn't have bothered Outflanking Barbatus. I should have kept them on the table, ready to pounce, like the land speeder. At the very least they could have riden around planting Melta Bombs on Drop Pods.

There aren't any changes I really feel like making to the list at this point in time. I think it's pretty themey (Land Speeders? Check. Scouts? Check. Shooting oriented? Check.) and it's been pretty fun to play so far. I guess I'll have to play more games and see how it goes.

MVP
Raptors: The DarkClaw. For a 60 point Land Speeder that could have been shot out of the sky turn one, it did amazing work. It killed the Ironclad before it could go on a rampage. It Killed Tyberos before he could go on a rampage. It also destroyed 2 Drop Pods opening up LOS for other units. Out of my entire army it had the most effect on the game. Sure the Sternguard demolished the Honour Guard, but that's expected of them. The DarkClaw went above and beyond.

Space Sharks!: I nominate The Heavy Bolter guy. Wiped out a squad of scouts on his own, killed a bunch of marines. It took my Chapter Master to put an end to him. He was a bad ass. Alternative nomination: Drop Pods. Those things are annoying and killed a bunch of my dudes.

LVP
Raptors: Squad Barbatus. It's not their fault, it's mine, but they were basically useless. I think they killed 1 whole marine before they died.

Space Sharks: Probably the Honour Guard. They came up against a pretty hard counter and died to a man.

Ben also played a game against the super sneaky Alpha legion/Wailing Griffons and Space Sharks horrible, terrible no good worst day ever continued. He did better! But not my much. Tyberos even got Melta'd again.

IPB Image
The Space Sharks try to envelop the Chaos lines. Chaos is OK with this target rich environment. Also Bikes happened. So did the Burning Brand.

IPB Image
Action Action Action!

IPB Image
The Honour Guard had another bad day. They copped Spawn to the face and all died before Tyberos could finish slaking his hunger on the Spawn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Waggerz
post Jan 7 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,354

QUOTE(Asher @ Jan 5 2014, 03:23 PM) *

At this point out Cameraman becomes distracted and wanders off to take photos of his own models, so Coverage becomes sparse.

To be fair, the game was rather clear where it was going and your camera takes such awesome pics I was trying to stress it out (and failing). (send me the close up pic I took of my guys helmet too by the way).

Once you guys have more painted (and all the models) I promise not to wander off!

My game against Bens Sharks all came down to not being able to kill his drop dread before it minced my bikes (giving him 2 points for killing a fast attack choice). Normally I have melta bombs on all my squads but this list was mysteriously missing them. I suspect Raptor list swapping shenanigans.

--------------------
If a tech priest goes to ground against telsa weapons, does he take no damage?

40K Arbites Army (current) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132589
40K Praetorian Guard (on hold) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116546
Alpha Legion (complete) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71055
Tables from Trash - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130746
+Quote Post
fort1tude
post Jan 7 2014, 10:27 AM
Post #15

The People's Champion

Member No.: 4,143

Sheesh Ben losing to Asher.

Have you no shame

--------------------
QUOTE(Toonook @ Jun 20 2014, 02:29 PM) *

the Victorian People's Champion, pseudo Super Australian slayer of Queenslanders,

Simons number 1 fan
Prophet of MANoth
Proud member of the i lost to ten Argus with a tier 1 caster club
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jan 7 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #16

Broken Badass

Member No.: 6,267

I love the gold fish food tube as terrain.

No wait. It is a drop pod. Even better.

--------------------
"Just wow" The new meta for getting banned on WAU. Lives claimed since November 2014: 2

QUOTE(esrun @ Feb 8 2012, 04:53 PM) *
DND = do not disturb

I always play this especially while fapping.

Anthony Z:

"I don't understand why you take morale tests from dangerous terrain. Did you see what that rock did to Jim, quick run"

"######e tourney... Better alternative to going is masturbating with sand paper"

QUOTE(Elliot.Yung @ May 12 2013, 09:23 PM) *
You know your rule knowledge is bad when Shaun Hogan is correcting you :P

QUOTE(JBrehaut @ Mar 18 2015, 10:30 AM) *
If you really knew how to pullout, you wouldn't need a babysitter
+Quote Post
Asher
post Jan 9 2014, 07:22 AM
Post #17

So I've tried my hand at some Hairspray and Salt weathering under the guigence of the inestimable Mousemuffins, who did his wise guru thing and sat on the couch and yelled at me until things happened.

Naturally I brought my camera to document the process. Shame I forgot the memory card.

So here are ######ty phone pics:

Beforeish
IPB Image
Sprayed black, the bottom half sprayed brown. Then random spraying of Orange, then stippling of brighter orange.

And after!

IPB Image
Sprayed them green, added Highlights with the airbrush. Added a Racing stripe. Added some dust. Then ######ed the bottom 1/3rd up with a tooth brush and windex! Came out pretty ok! I need to take some better photos soon.

How was the market Ben?

--------------------

+Quote Post
there-and-back-again
post Jan 9 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 11,441

Looks really good Asher!! Are you going to add some streaking to the vehicles as well?

--------------------
Deep striking a land reaider to a home near you!!!
+Quote Post
Asher
post Jan 9 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #19

Not sure yet. I'm going to do a bunch of other weathering on the top part though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Waggerz
post Jan 9 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 6,354

The results look great.

When I saw them you has done the green so I didn't know about the extra work you had done under the skin. Really effective, I'll have to try something similar.

PS, I hope you go to all this trouble with brilliant camo green space marines and then decide to base them on snow bases smile.gif

--------------------
If a tech priest goes to ground against telsa weapons, does he take no damage?

40K Arbites Army (current) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132589
40K Praetorian Guard (on hold) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116546
Alpha Legion (complete) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71055
Tables from Trash - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130746
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 10:05 PM