Oveja_Negras
post Dec 17 2015, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Coffee, pie and lols!‏
Group Icon

Group: Support: Veteran Merchant
Member No.: 382

Hey team!

Got another BCC BatRep for your viewing pleasure!

BBDave came at me with his fancy new Dark Eldar army that he has recently put together and testing out all the units. I was looking forward to having a crack at a fast moving opponent with more activations than me.

My BTS was the Rubric marines with the Defilers and Icon while Dave's BTS was his Tormentor Titan.

For my list in's and out's, I dropped Ahrimans Chosen down to a Rubric detachment in Rhinos, swapped the Greater Spire for the Warp Palace, and dropped two units from one of the Terminator Detachments.

So here are the lists:

IPB Image

MAP:

Although it doesnt look like it, the table was quite open. The hill were only an inch high and gave good cover for ground units but not for anything of height. There were two ruins in the centre and two big armoured outposts. Who knows what secrets were inside and the Thousand Sons were keen to take a look!

IPB Image

DEPLOYMENT:

-The Thousand Sons were a little better organised this time when arriving into the battle. The Silver Towers detachments had cover against air units but were struggling to find places to hide behind or advance to!
-The Dark Eldar spread themselves out. They were confident and you could almost see the smiles on the faces of the 6mm figures as they kicked their skimmers into combat readiness. They would strike fast and strike with deadly purpose! The DE held 3 detachments in the Webway.

IPB Image

TURN 1:

-TS won strategy and moved up the RM in Rhinos looking for cover. And as that ended, so it began!
-The DE raced forwards! doubling, marching, shooting, cursing at anything that moved, friend or foe!
-The scourges overcommitted and were blown apart from a co-ordinated volley from both Silver Towers detachments. They broke and the unit scampered away.
-This didnt trouble the DE as they continued to hammer forwards. Sensing the pure sorcerous arcane power from the Silver Towers, the DE sent their Fighters and Bombers in to extract some revenge. Some poor rolling meant that only one Tower fell but they were broken and fled.
-The Reavers, Warriors, Titan, and the Ravagers flew in low and fast to take a large chunk out of the Rubric marines who surcome to the overwhelming firepower and broke.
-The Warp Palace of Tzeentch slowly hovered over to support but was too late. Towers crashing, Rubrics fleeing! The palace focused its ancient warp powers and unleashed them upon the DE warriors. The ground lit up with bright arcane colours and three units vanished!
-The DE Dracon entered the battle through the Webway but simply consolidated to the high ground ready for turn 2.

IPB Image

End turn: Flyers disengaged without taking damage. RM failed to rally as did the Silver Towers.

TURN 2:

-Spotting an opportunity, Both Terminators teleported onto DE Blitz and prepared to crush the DE Commander all alone in his deployment zone. They both took BMs for teleporting mishaps.
-TS won strategy and ENGAGED the Dracon's Kabal detachment. Dice were rolled and the Kabal Coterie were wiped from the board. One terminator dies and are close to breaking.
-The Ravagers sneak in behind the broken RM and get ready for some supporting attacks.
-They were wise to be patient as the DE plan worked perfectly! The Reaver Gang ENGAGES the RM and in a classic cut off tactic the RM are wiped from the board. The bikes scream past and one rider spits on a fallen Rubric Marine 'Your reinforced armour is nothing to us!'
-In a reactive move the Warp Palace lumbers further across and unleashes more devastating warp energy unto the Reaver gang who were distracted with high fives, butt slaps, and "buzzing the tower" with victory fly bys! A third of the jetbikes are vapourized as one of the bikers is left hanging from his fly-by-high-five.
-The Reaver Sybarite activated his throat comms 'That thing is operational!' And on those words the DE fighters came screaming in from the clouds to begin a punishing ground attack on the Warp Palace. Without any shield it was hit hard to lost a DC.
-The DE Titan jumps out from around the building and shot its heavy weapons. The Warp Palace shook and lost another DC.
-Silver Towers failed to activate and slowly hovered toward the remaining Scourge unit.
-Talos entered battle via Webway but were not close enough to engage the Terminators. Bombers flew in to ground attack killing a terminator which was enough to break the formation who fled up onto the hill on OBJ-B.
-Rubric Marines advance and their defilers shoot their battle cannons at the fleeing Warriors killing two.

IPB Image

End turn: Flyers disengage without taking damage. Warriors fail to rally as does the depleted Terminator formation. Reaver Jetbike Gang RALLIES.

TURN 3:

-TS wins Strategy again.
-The sorcorer in command of the Warp Palace cast his mind into the future and forsore a horrible death at the hands of the Ravager detachment. As a result he channeled the minds of the Palace sorcerors into one concentrated explosion directed toward the Ravagers. 5 out of the 6 Ravager skimmers detonated in a light show of blue flames and the Sorceror let a smile rise out of the corner of his mouth.
-The TS retained the Initiative and the Terminators ENGAGED the Talos. Dice were rolled and 5 Talos were incinerated by sorcerous magic and firefighting. The Terminators consolidated into a position to claim OBJ-1 and OBJ-B.
-Wyches arrive through Webway. Fail initiative roll and move on to contest Blitz and deny VC.
-Silver Towers ADVANCE to claim OBJ-C and destroy last remining Scourge unit scurrying around the ruins!
-Fighter shoot at RM formation and give it a BM.
-RM activates and DOUBLES to claim OBJ-3 and OBJ-A to deny DE VC.
-Bombers ground attack and fly in from the rear destroying the two rear unit of the RM formation. RM no longer secure OBJ-A.
-With no more units to activate the Sons were in trouble. Their blitz was now open and the DE blitz was contested.
-Tormentor Titan MARCHES onto TS Blitz.
-The Reaver Jetbike Gang DOUBLES onto OBJ-2.

IPB Image

End turn: DE have BLITZ and TAKE AND HOLD. TS have TAKE AND HOLD. DE WIN 2-1

So moving off my Blitz to deny Take and Hold wasnt the best idea..... Could have pushed it to a turn 4 but not sure how it would have finished up then.

Dave played very aggressively which set him up for a decent turn 2. Over extending could be an issue though if doesnt all go to plan. The DE are very fast but also very vulnerable. I think terrain is their friend.

The Warp Palace was fun to use and i look forward to testing it again! I wasnt a huge fan of the second RM formation but as i did isolate them i shall give them another chance to prove themselves.

Thats it for now. Another BCC BatRep coming very shortly so stay tuned armata_PDT_34.gif

Let us know what you thought and any tips for Dave's DE list or strategy would be most welcome also armata_PDT_36.gif

Cheers

Brent
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Diesel
post Dec 17 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Still a Slave to Commorragh...

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 110

Nice! Those sneaky Dark Eldar eh...

Love the reports smile.gif So nostalgic smile.gif

Deez

+Quote Post
Bloodbrotherdave
post Dec 17 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #3

Devil Dog

Member No.: 441

yeah was a good game. over extended at a few points and got punished for it but managed to push enough in other spots to get over the line.

--------------------

I like to tell a little story about the last man who was in a sword fight with Caine. During the fight he was heard commenting on how crappy a blade it was, old and busted, not cared for, and on and on. Finally he asked Caine what its name was. Caine grinned and said "Sword." and then shot the guy 4 times.
PPS_Kevin
+Quote Post
PFIEE
post Dec 18 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,778

Always a nice read Brent, keep them coming.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Regards
Greg

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..
+Quote Post
Ronin
post Dec 18 2015, 06:56 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,512

Did the DE actually win though?? You cant claim objectives if you march that turn. Had a similar 'win' against dubghilla with chaos marine bikers pulling a shifty but we found later that my win was just hot air.

Food for thought for next time, this time certainly seemed like a really good game regardless. Had everything a good game of epic should: fast strategies, several reversals and never enough mans to do everything you want at once. Bravo.

Certainly looking forward to more. Any pics of the armies perchance??

Cheers, Ronin

--------------------
+Quote Post
mard
post Dec 18 2015, 07:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,989

You can claim and contest objectives on a march move, there is no rule in the tournament pack or FAQ that states that you cannot

This post has been edited by mard: Dec 18 2015, 07:46 AM
+Quote Post
fattdex
post Dec 18 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,422

QUOTE(Ronin @ Dec 18 2015, 07:56 AM) *

You cant claim objectives if you march that turn

IPB Image

--------------------
Monday Knights, over a decade of dice, beer and taking trophies. Based in the Hawthorn area check us out at www.mondayknights.org.au

You either die, or live long enough to do naps
+Quote Post
D_Arquebus
post Dec 18 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,027

Loving the old school batreps smile.gif.

Possible to get photos first up of the minis being used please? smile.gif

--------------------
Ausbowl - The FB home of Oz Blood Bowl
NZ BB Community THe FB home of NZ Blood Bowl
thenaf.net - Home of the NAF (Worldwide Blood Bowl Community)
+Quote Post
Oveja_Negras
post Dec 18 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #9

Coffee, pie and lols!‏
Group Icon

Group: Support: Veteran Merchant
Member No.: 382

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will definately start putting some pics up. hopefully the guys can get some more paint on their minis to encourage some in-game pics.

I have two more BatReps to put up from this week. So next week I will put up some in-game pics. Better get some paint on those marines Diesel!
+Quote Post
Diesel
post Dec 22 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #10

Still a Slave to Commorragh...

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(Oveja_Negras @ Dec 18 2015, 07:54 PM) *

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will definately start putting some pics up. hopefully the guys can get some more paint on their minis to encourage some in-game pics.

I have two more BatReps to put up from this week. So next week I will put up some in-game pics. Better get some paint on those marines Diesel!

I'm trying!!! smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 08:33 PM